Questions on TRIATHLON???

Kelpie

i dun think u can go toilet during the running part

Run too much also can lao sai... Happen to me before..Lucky by that time, already home.

↡ Advertisement

I think a lot of the issues with OCBC is different levels of riders, plus a lot of people aren't comfortable riding fast in a bunch. Nervous riders in a peloton who are trigger-happy on the brakes isn't good. Plus you get idiots on their mountain bike who try and be aero by holding the top of their forks rather than handlebars. Like how to control?

The organisers do try and stagger the starting groups based on what time you say you expect to finish when you register for the event to try and get similar speed riders together.

And it is always funny watching those with their expensive bikes walking up Benjamin Sheares Bridge. I am sorry, but it barely registers as a hill.

Quite an experience going up n down d bridge thats y im doing challenge again. Last yr did w my racer so this time w my foldie haha.

And it is always funny watching those with their expensive bikes walking up Benjamin Sheares Bridge. I am sorry, but it barely registers as a hill.

It is ever funnier when i overtake them in Brompton.

Singapore 42-year-old dies during swim portion of Singapore International Triathlon

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/42-year-old-dies-during-swim-portion-of-singapore-international-9202662

yet another death from extreme sports (though this chap AngMoh at almost 2m height ) did only 1 leg of it

ok it's height,not long

RIP

Edited by MTL

Last time when i was young, i did swimming and cycling a fair bit. Running was my weakest.

Then there was one ABC Triathlon back in the early 1990s which i trained for for a couple of months, in the end i didnt participate. Cant really remember why but i think it was just cold feet at the last moment.

For such activity, need to be quite motivated and pumped up.

I guess mine just fizzled out after those months of training.

Looking back a little bit regret becos by now, i already pongchek liao, so cannot tick Triathlon under the list of things i have done in my life. Of course if really wanted to, still can but the trade offs are too heavy.

Last time when i was young, i did swimming and cycling a fair bit. Running was my weakest.

Then there was one ABC Triathlon back in the early 1990s which i trained for for a couple of months, in the end i didnt participate. Cant really remember why but i think it was just cold feet at the last moment.

For such activity, need to be quite motivated and pumped up.

I guess mine just fizzled out after those months of training.

Looking back a little bit regret becos by now, i already pongchek liao, so cannot tick Triathlon under the list of things i have done in my life. Of course if really wanted to, still can but the trade offs are too heavy.

How about a duothalon instead?

Never take spicy stuff 1 day before race!

I learn my lesson before, but if not competitive, can always go toilet on the way.

On the contrary, it is good to eat spicy before event.

You will swim faster, cycle fasterer and run fasterest  .. . . . . to get to the end point porta loo  [laugh]

It happened in the swimming leg, quite early into the race. So I don't think it fatigue or heart related.

Might not be a strong swimmer, and we are told not to swim during 7th month.

this is a good blog of an ageing malaysian man who competed in such events, recounting his heart attack in one such series.

http://triathletesofian.blogspot.co.id/2017/02/2km-pd-open-water-swim-race-18-december.html

he lives on to compete in many more.

and some proper research below

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/triathlon-death-swimming/

Why Is Swimming the Most Deadly Leg of a Triathlon?

Although deaths are rare in triathlons, most of them occur during the initial leg, when competitors swim for distances ranging from 750 meters to 3.9 kilometers

Edited by Karoon
  • Praise 1

Though not medically proven, i believe that our hearts and the rest of our body are at different health conditions.

For example, one may look physically very strong and solid but the heart may be very strained.

That can result in heart attacks

i did my last Olympic distance triathlon in 2007 (i think so) though I used to do the Safra Bialthon (discountinued already) but the swimming leg is the toughest especially with the murky waters of Marine Parade and so many legs all around/ over and can even knock you off   and cant even see like 1 metre ahead too; Its so terrible like a drag net of fish struggling and splashing all over the place) even though they do it in batches of like 50 participants or so (agak agak)   

After that RJC student Thadeus chap whom died during one of the events  ....  it sent a chill down my spine to stay away..... I stopped doing them

It happened in the swimming leg, quite early into the race. So I don't think it fatigue or heart related.
Might not be a strong swimmer, and we are told not to swim during 7th month.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2