• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
70 replies to this topic | 16 praises

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

Stdfrank
  • Premium member
    Stdfrank
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am very sad that AIG rejected my policy due to accident claim. No one wants to be involved in any accident (i had one in Feb this year, no personal injury, liability is likely 50-50, my repair amoumt is about 5k-6k), but when you had one, insurrance company simply abondon you and forget about the days of happily collecting premium from you. I had other 3 policies with them (each year they collect almost 8k from me), thinking of cancelling them all.

So now, i have to look for alternative insurer, any bro can give some advise? will AIG's rejection affect my new insurrance plan? do i have to tell them about the rejection? any insurer to recommend?

really apreciate your advise.

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:16 PM

Chickenbackside
  • Premium member
    Chickenbackside
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Same experience here bro.

Totaled my last car. Repair is $30+k, so write-off. No injury. 50-50 liability. China Insurance, my insurance company for the totaled car, refused to insure me for my new car. Looked for others. No a single one wanted to insure me, zero, zilch, EXCEPT one. It's AXA.

My premium now is $4700 per year with 0% NCB, haha.

Since no other company even wants to insure me, I have no choice but to take it.

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:24 PM

Garlic
  • Garlic
    6th Gear
    Author Image

sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

Cheekg98
  • Cheekg98
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

keep yr existing insurance, or else u will lose more $$$ ...

Edited by Cheekg98, 14 June 2008 - 10:27 PM.

** Enjoying my ride on Little Red Riding Zoom

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:45 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

only 5-6K already so jialat??? nowadays, my colleague involved in a minor accident (Altis vs Vios) she is at wrong so 100% liability. total repair cost, legal fees for both cars more tha 15K (both repair at BM). insurance increase close to 4K from less than 1K originally..... your case of <10K shld be peanut case only mah...

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:45 PM

Sunnyboy
  • Sunnyboy
    Clutched
    Author Image

Why not transfer ownership to a family member? Then eventually insured under his/her name, you as an authorised driver. I wonder will that work?

Edited by Sunnyboy, 14 June 2008 - 10:49 PM.

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:15 PM

Stdfrank
  • Premium member
    Stdfrank
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I wonder will this method work? I though the insurance covers the car no matter who drives it. Any bro has experience to transfer insurance ownership to family member(driver) ?

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:31 PM

Parkingidiot
  • Parkingidiot
    6th Gear
    Author Image

When do a transfer - what happen to the car loan? Need to repay the bank in full before transfer??
Visit http://carcameras.blogspot.com/ for HD Digital Camcorders for car use

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:34 PM

Parkingidiot
  • Parkingidiot
    6th Gear
    Author Image

If 50-50, would it also mean the other party's insurance company also would refuse to insure them? If all accident mean that insurance companies refuse to insure henceforth or if premium way too high (eg. 10K -15K) and thedriver cannot afford - does this mean that with all the thousands of accidents a year - there are going to be fewer and fewer drivers? Does not make sense leh...

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:41 PM

Nobrainer32007
  • Nobrainer32007
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

wat kind car u driving premium so high? ur all-in cost of car ownership is damn high sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif

Same experience here bro.

Totaled my last car. Repair is $30+k, so write-off. No injury. 50-50 liability. China Insurance, my insurance company for the totaled car, refused to insure me for my new car. Looked for others. No a single one wanted to insure me, zero, zilch, EXCEPT one. It's AXA.

My premium now is $4700 per year with 0% NCB, haha.

Since no other company even wants to insure me, I have no choice but to take it.

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

Chickenbackside
  • Premium member
    Chickenbackside
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Nah, don't wanna trouble anyone in my family. But that would work as one of my friends is doing just that.

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:16 AM

Chickenbackside
  • Premium member
    Chickenbackside
    6th Gear
    Author Image

The other party is taxi.

I dunno about other cases, but that's exactly what I faced when I tried to get insurance for my current car. Only one company in Singapore was willing to offer me a policy. It's either I take it, or I can't drive.

Not much choice there.

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:19 AM

Chickenbackside
  • Premium member
    Chickenbackside
    6th Gear
    Author Image

That's the thing.

If I didn't get into the accident on my previous car, the typical premium for my current car with my age is only $1k+. Claim one total loss, premium increase by 300%.

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:24 AM

Parkingidiot
  • Parkingidiot
    6th Gear
    Author Image

wow....really scary sia... if get into accident and can't proof is on the other guy - can be uninsurable!! Siong!

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:32 AM

Gary84
  • Premium member
    Gary84
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

S4700 for a year is damn high sia...Is yours a 2 door or under sports car category?

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:36 AM

Chickenbackside
  • Premium member
    Chickenbackside
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I guess so.

It has 2 doors, a cloth roof and a turbo charger.

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:43 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I am very sad that AIG rejected my policy due to accident claim. No one wants to be involved in any accident (i had one in Feb this year, no personal injury, liability is likely 50-50, my repair amoumt is about 5k-6k), but when you had one, insurrance company simply abondon you and forget about the days of happily collecting premium from you. I had other 3 policies with them (each year they collect almost 8k from me), thinking of cancelling them all.

So now, i have to look for alternative insurer, any bro can give some advise? will AIG's rejection affect my new insurrance plan? do i have to tell them about the rejection? any insurer to recommend?

really apreciate your advise.

i same situation as u... after 1 accident... they rejected me. i'm stuck with NTUC... :(

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:44 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I wonder will this method work? I though the insurance covers the car no matter who drives it. Any bro has experience to transfer insurance ownership to family member(driver) ?

the excess will be different mah

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:45 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i remember urs is a bmw right?

eh few bmw got turbocharger leh hur.gif

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:46 AM

Chickenbackside
  • Premium member
    Chickenbackside
    6th Gear
    Author Image

That BMW is scrap metal liao lah... It's that car that I claim total loss.

Current car is not a BMW.

Edited by Chickenbackside, 15 June 2008 - 12:48 AM.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users