Rejected by insurance company

Stdfrank

Turbocharged

i am just curious: is it possible that no car insurance company wants to insure someone?

↡ Advertisement

How to make insurance company collasped?? Every car in Singapore just all go bang the wall at once...then they all die liao....ha ha ha.....ya....its just rubbish... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Nope. Got it from the 1st owner (elderly lady) with 18000km on the clock. Totally stock then.

I have since chipped it up. I must say, it's really amazing what a little software upgrade can do to a turbocharged vehicle. Defines the term "value for money".

Dunno.. got to ask those insurance people.. but usually if no one wants to insure, they can always get another person to front it

I am very sad that AIG rejected my policy due to accident claim. No one wants to be involved in any accident (i had one in Feb this year, no personal injury, liability is likely 50-50, my repair amoumt is about 5k-6k), but when you had one, insurrance company simply abondon you and forget about the days of happily collecting premium from you. I had other 3 policies with them (each year they collect almost 8k from me), thinking of cancelling them all.

So now, i have to look for alternative insurer, any bro can give some advise? will AIG's rejection affect my new insurrance plan? do i have to tell them about the rejection? any insurer to recommend?

really apreciate your advise.

muahaha.... u never revenge on ur insurance company ah????

purposely go ard bang ppl's car n let them claim u jia lat jia lat.... then u scrap ur car..... LOL

Neutral Newbie

Hi! Seeking advice on similar situation.  :mellow:

My previous new car was totaled in a crash with a food truck last year. The truck had also crashed into the car in front of it. I had no idea if my crashing into the truck caused it to lurch into the car in front (was in shock from the accident). Anyway an LTA officer (or auxiliary policeman?) came by and told us (truck driver & me) to exchange particulars. He said to let the insurance companies handle the matter and to move along, as there were no injuries on the scene.

As my then car was under a year old (December 2016-July 2017), I got a 1-for-1 replacement. I received the claim from the truck's insurance company (law firm?) and a cc-ed letter from the other car's law firm. Forwarded them to my insurance company, MSIG, which said it will attend to the matter.  Unsurprisingly, MSIG did not want to insure the next car (another Altis).

Got insured with Sompo for the current new car. Just received a letter from Sompo stating that I am "not invited to renew" the insurance for the second year (renewal due on end of September).

I have no idea if the accident claims from the third-party have been settled. Have not received further correspondence from MSIG. Is there a way I can find out?

Why did the new, current insurance company decline to renew my insurance? The claims arising from the accident were my first ever in 5 years of driving and 10 years of riding prior to ditching the bike for a car.

Now at a loss on how to seek an insurer for the next cycle.  [smallcry]

• Dislike 1

My previous new car was totaled in a crash with a food truck last year. The truck had also crashed into the car in front of it. I had no idea if my crashing into the truck caused it to lurch into the car in front (was in shock from the accident). Anyway an LTA officer (or auxiliary policeman?) came by and told us (truck driver & me) to exchange particulars. He said to let the insurance companies handle the matter and to move along, as there were no injuries on the scene.

As my then car was under a year old (December 2016-July 2017), I got a 1-for-1 replacement. I received the claim from the truck's insurance company (law firm?) and a cc-ed letter from the other car's law firm. Forwarded them to my insurance company, MSIG, which said it will attend to the matter.  Unsurprisingly, MSIG did not want to insure the next car (another Altis).

Got insured with Sompo for the current new car. Just received a letter from Sompo stating that I am "not invited to renew" the insurance for the second year (renewal due on end of September).

I have no idea if the accident claims from the third-party have been settled. Have not received further correspondence from MSIG. Is there a way I can find out?

Why did the new, current insurance company decline to renew my insurance? The claims arising from the accident were my first ever in 5 years of driving and 10 years of riding prior to ditching the bike for a car.

Contact a broker to find you insurance or find your spouse or some other family member to take insurance for the car for the next 3-5 years. 

Try to drive as little as possible for the near future.

• Praise 1

digger spotted :a-confused:

• Dislike 1

Neutral Newbie

Maybe try to contact a Insurance Agent that you know.

Thank you.

Wonder if there is a possibility that I will not get insurance coverage?  :o

Thank you.

Wonder if there is a possibility that I will not get insurance coverage? :o

Sure will get one insurer to insure. Car cannot drive without insurance. Worst ask the finance company to find one. Or ask your AD to find one.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Sure will get one insurer to insure. Car cannot drive without insurance. Worst ask the finance company to find one. Or ask your AD to find one.

The car is fully-paid. I didn't know that I can find the AD for help on finding an insurer. Thank you. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2