• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
81 replies to this topic | 111 praises

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Why curve?
Well you probably cannot do straight line station to station due to land acquisition issues from station to Sea shore.
Once you reach the sea, it needs a gentle curve for tracks to turn. There is a minimum turn radius for trains, safety issue.

The 30m height hard to say.

Maybe partly so cars can still pass under the tracks, especially on Singapore land side. And since going to elevate, may as well do higher.
Also in future, any work on the existing causeway may require the use of barges, and they often carry high cranes too.

Need more info. The existing railway along the causeway is straight from what I can see. It's built along side the causeway in terms of height. And it's built like almost a hundred years ago.

Edited by Watwheels, 10 August 2017 - 01:57 PM.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:21 AM

Opel17
  • Premium member
    Opel17
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The worrying part, for me, is "commuters leaving Malaysia clears immigration checks for BOTH countries."

Our side no need check? Everyone getting off at the proposed Bukit Chagar station free to roam immediately?

Safe ride
Cheers

Based on the info provided, CIQs of both countries would be co-located at both stations.

Travellers coming from Malaysia will first arrive at MY passport clearance (luggage clearance not needed). Then walk on to the SG-CIQ Zone for passport clearance and luggage clearance). Then board the train to Singapore without any further checks.

Likewise, travellers leaving Singapore will first arrive at SG passport clearance (luggage clearance not needed). Then walk on to the MY-CIQ Zone for passport clearance and luggage clearance). Then board the train to Malaysia without any further checks.

PSP415 praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Johor, Sultan, vows, find, ways and 3 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users