Audi S5

• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
47 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:34 AM

Edison
  • Edison
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all, Audi has just launched one of their most exicting cars to date over the weekend, the S5. What do you guys think of the car and anyone has any experience with it? Feel free to comment. Btw, the price is at $245K.. seems like a pretty good deal? It can almost be compared to the BMW 650i which is at about $80k more

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

Magfocus
  • Premium member
    Magfocus
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I believe the S5 is better compared to the 335i Coupe, which is about the same, price wise

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:38 AM

Damienic
  • Premium member
    Damienic
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I read that the S5 is priced somewhere at 245k...the 335i is so expensive?? I thot that's enuf to buy a 630 alr..

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Supercharged
    Author Image

4.2 L V8 + quattro

can't go wrong man...

i saw one at the hilton saturday nite, red colour. Could be an A5 though.

I'd take an S5 over 335i anytime... Nothing beats a big smooth V8.

Edited by Viceroymenthol, 30 June 2008 - 11:42 AM.

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:47 AM

Magfocus
  • Premium member
    Magfocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think the 335i coupe was priced at about 238k, not sure if its any lower now.

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:48 AM

Edison
  • Edison
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

335i from PML is at $240k, PI model no i-drive i think can get at $208K, 630i is at $270K....Alot of people are selling their 6 series, i think they either changing to S5 or the Maserati Grantuismo at ard $420K

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:52 AM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think 335 Coupe is better but I may be biased. Get an AwwwDeeee RS model if you die die must have an AwwwwDeeee... Like I said I'm biased tongue.gif

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:53 AM

Damienic
  • Premium member
    Damienic
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I will not comment much until finding out abt the OMV and performance..but most of the time find Audi cars overpriced in singapore..

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:59 AM

Edison
  • Edison
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

OMV for S5 is $64k which is quite disappointing for a $245k, but looking at the specs, it seems a really good deal. What else can u get for $245K that is comparable? A V8 for only that price? I agree Audi makes huge profit out of us....but S5 pricing kind of surprise a little. It looks more expensive than that too

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:15 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Supercharged
    Author Image

hey bro, i think the S5 with its NA 4.2 litre V8 must only be compared to the M3 or the 650i... in which case the $80k to $100k difference should mean something. mercedes benz is out of the question as their V8 cars are way out of this price range. or i could be wrong.. how much is the CLK 63 AMG?

Edited by Viceroymenthol, 30 June 2008 - 12:17 PM.

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Why do Audi feel the need to slap a "V8" badge on the front fender? That smacks of ultra kiasu-ism and more than a little tacky... just like how the Maserati Quattroporte has those 3 air vents at the front fender... yucks.. it not a Mustang guys so please quit cheesing it up.

Edited by Viceroymenthol, 30 June 2008 - 12:25 PM.

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

Schneider79
  • Schneider79
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I saw one on the road... sounds like a muted Gallardo... If can decat the whole exhaust system and install a Tubi... should something like a Gallardo...

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:09 PM

Paddie
  • Paddie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

But Gallardo is V10, a V8 even with a sports exhaust should sound pretty different.

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Why not just buy a Gallardo? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Then again, I'm not a ricer so I wouldn't understand the need for these mods.

I wouldn't do anything to a stock Porsche, for example, or an M3.

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

Beanoyip
  • Beanoyip
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Is the car already in the show room? Planning to take alook.
===============================================
::Disturb the unperturbed::
===============================================

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:33 PM

Damienic
  • Premium member
    Damienic
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It is there already..saw someone test driving it along Alexandra road last sat.. wink.gif

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

Rm2s
  • Premium member
    Rm2s
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Audi seems to have slightly wise up.

If the OMV you have given is correct (though I know sometimes their figure defers when it is registered), then the S5 profit is at 125% of the OMV.

Compare this to 150% of OMV for the A4 3.2Q, this one is more "acceptable" for a S car.

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

Schneider79
  • Schneider79
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I know... you should try finding a chance to have a listen to it...

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

Schneider79
  • Schneider79
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Gallardo $800k...

Getting the car being towed back is faster than you accelerate !!! sweatdrop.gif

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:07 PM

Tdds88
  • Tdds88
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Actually why is the S5 so "cheap" relative to the price of a S4 (>300k)?

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Audi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users