Crossing double white line

Guniang

Anybody appealed on crossing double white line before??

This morning i was travelling frm braddle to CTE(amk) towards my wrkplace as usual, i had to swerve my car to the nxt lane to avoid being smack right into the lorry because everymorning there is a TP standing there... SO upon seeing the tp, the lorries jam brake... As i was passing the tp i saw the TP jotting down stuff which i think its my car plate...

So any chances of appealling??

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

unless u happen to be driving an expensive conti or ultra high end car otherwise the chances are nil.

happened to me once, 1st vehicle is a merc, 2nd is motorbike, 3rd a pick-up n 4th my car. police stop motorbike onwards. so we all came out n confront how come nvr stop mercs. female fatimah tp says nvr see mercs though the 4th of us were coming fm same direction. then her colleague, a male also keep quiet. so we asked for her name as we said mercs so big cannot see but can see the bike and the rest. then she turned around n asked whether are we rioting and going against authority for questioning her judgement hur.gif in the end she refused to pay n the rest of us LL got to pay n deduct points.

morale of the story, u go figure out yrself.

such fatimah thinks they're great once they have a little bit of 'authority'...taking a chicken feather for an arrow

Or unless you are a wedding car....

Happened to me before. My buddy was using my ride as the wedding car and due to some miscommunication, we ended up rushing to church and taffic was really bad at that time.

I have to cut double white line in order to zoom my way through traffic. I saw a TP bike in front and I slowed down, wave an apology, pointed to my watch and then to the wedding couple in the back seat and waved another apology before driving off.....

That was almost 3 years ago and till date I never received any summon for crossing double white line.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

wedding they close eyes la.. if u forget to top up the parking coupon while doing a wedding studio shoot in tanjong pagar rd.. can appeal also.. but 50/50.. must see if your use of words powerful or not... [:p]

Maybe I should consider keeping a set of fake flowers and ribbons in my boot so that when I am in a rush, I can quickly dress up my car as a wedding car and get away with traffic offences... [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

On NSHW, it's the reverse. Merc, Tuscani and I (jap car) were speeding but at the toll booth, only merc kena pulled over by mata whereas Tuscani and I get to go our way.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

(edited)

In the first place, why do you need to swerve to the next lane? If you cant stop in time because a vehicle in front jam brakes, you are following too closely to it. If the standard 2-sec rule is insufficient for you, keep a further distance because different people have different reaction time. I am definitely against drivers who swerve their cars suddenly due to a hard-braking front vehicle, because I have encountered near misses with such vehicles on lanes next to mine. Keep a safe distance and jam your brakes until the ABS jerks in, car stalls or whatever, but do not swerve away.

Edited by W2K_83

oei.. evidence like ROM dates, wedding shoot invoices are to be produced to be more convincing u know..

(edited)

Definitely 2 sec rule applies but if involved in a chain collision wif the dumb bengster tailgating me, right lane all clear with my pregnant wife on board would u risk it??

If u would risk it using abs, let the bengster bang u claim insurance etc den i got nth to sae...

Edited by Guniang

if its empty seat, juz point to the empty seat and sae i getting married to her.. u blind?>? [flowerface]

when to merc showroom before, the SE said that included in the warranty is that you wont get book by TP within 3yr or 100,000km, because they had signed an agreement with them.

unless u happen to be driving an expensive conti or ultra high end car otherwise the chances are nil.

happened to me once, 1st vehicle is a merc, 2nd is motorbike, 3rd a pick-up n 4th my car. police stop motorbike onwards. so we all came out n confront how come nvr stop mercs. female fatimah tp says nvr see mercs though the 4th of us were coming fm same direction. then her colleague, a male also keep quiet. so we asked for her name as we said mercs so big cannot see but can see the bike and the rest. then she turned around n asked whether are we rioting and going against authority for questioning her judgement hur.gif in the end she refused to pay n the rest of us LL got to pay n deduct points.

morale of the story, u go figure out yrself.

↡ Advertisement