Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
53 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:31 PM

Garlic
  • Garlic
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hello everyone,

Does Glucosamine help reduce kneel joint pain and rebuild cartilage?

Pain is very bad when climbing stairs.

Does this pain has anything to do with gout if a person has high urine acid?

Thanks.

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:39 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

you so old liao meh?

Glucosamine helps (use Tri-flex if you want to reduce pain), i took it for few months (took twice weekly and not daily, heard there are side effects). But best is to avoid certain food like soybean drink, long bean, etc. I can immediately feel the pain after having those food. I have stopped taking those pills thumbsup.gif
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

Kusnik
  • Kusnik
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I have been taking Gluosamine supplement for about 2 months now. It ease the pain alittle, makes the knees loose not so stiff. Does not help much.

Doctor says its my weight. Reduce weight and the pain might go away.

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

rest... rest helps me a lot.

also dun over stretch gg up the stairs. i used to b able to run up 2 steps at a time.

and i wud also grab the railing and swing down the stairs btwn landing. all those impact must hv cost the cartilage a lotsa damages

really lao liaoz..
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

DarkLord
  • DarkLord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not much use lehz.. Maybe its becos my knees have taken so much abuse during NS and also after 4 surgeries, no amount of supplements are going to help much.
Greatest mod of my life part 3 coming soon!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:21 PM

Chongster
  • Chongster
    5th Gear
    Author Image

glucosamine helps to rebuild the cartilage but gout is gout. if you have gout, treatment or prevention is a different.

for joints, losing weight is probably the most helpful....

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

Gearoil
  • Gearoil
    Banned

What's your age?

Probably onset of some form of arthritis...which is an auto immune disease....same as gout tiggered with uric acid accumulation.

See your rheumatolgist.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer : I might be talking crap here but hey!...you are asking a medical related question in a car forum and I treated you as though you are a car with a case of bad constant velocity joints! laugh.gif

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:28 PM

Comfy
  • Comfy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

you so old liao meh?

Glucosamine helps (use Tri-flex if you want to reduce pain), i took it for few months (took twice weekly and not daily, heard there are side effects). But best is to avoid certain food like soybean drink, long bean, etc. I can immediately feel the pain after having those food. I have stopped taking those pills thumbsup.gif

yours sounds like gout to me..

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:41 PM

DarkLord
  • DarkLord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Avoid beans stuff, certain type of fish, red meat and wine.
Greatest mod of my life part 3 coming soon!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:41 PM

Guniang
  • Guniang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

gout may b a factor as "crystals" will be in ur joint...

Try a healthy diet... low sat fat diet and up ur fish oil intake...

Try self myofascial pressure release(Smfr)... Your muscles may be too tight too...

stretch ur ITB,Hamstrings calves and glutes.. Mobilty and flexibilty is very impt as they also do link to backpain thumbsup.gif

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

muscle too tight tio si liak kut liaoz... must look for PeeSai Ong and his fr on angpai..

Signature is not allowed.

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:54 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

maybe it was, but glucosamine can help to reduce the pain. so far no more pain unless i am in country with winter, the pain would kill me knife.gif
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I do blame NS too for my shot knees too.
Being to one arthroscopy ( http://en.wikipedia....iki/Arthroscopy ), clean up the meniscus, but still it won't heal.
The pain will always be there.

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:08 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hello everyone,

Thanks.

I had been taking for the past few years..... sly.gif sly.gif, started at age 45.... unimpressed.gif unimpressed.gif

wah........ u already suffer knee joint pain. above 40 boh..... sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif

Edited by Picnic06, 04 July 2008 - 04:09 PM.

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

Comfy
  • Comfy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

u better do a blood test wor.. go to those polyclinic and use the rights of a singaporean if u are... then reduce the intake of red meat, seafood and bean products(in general). wink.gif

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

Destiny03
  • Destiny03
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hello everyone,

Thanks.

if you have high urine acid.
when you wake up in the morning
your first step on the ground
your heel would be pain like hell.
Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

Guniang
  • Guniang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

because ur muscles are tight...Surgery is the last option... U have get some assessment done for ur condition.. I did and i m cure for my back and knee problem... theres alot abt our body system where even locally u cant get info on...

Alot of things hospital would sure recommend surgery.. Surgery = income...Tts why they are driving lambourgh and we dun... laugh.gif

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:15 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hello everyone,

Thanks.

eh.. is uric acid not urine laugh.gif

pain from gout will affect any joints, there will be redness, the joint will feel warm and there is tenderness. And it can be pain even with no movement of you affected joint.

If is only walking up stairs, should not be gout.
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You're mistaken. This is not muscle, the meniscus is a soft tissue.
Wear and tear may cause the tissue to come off. Loose tissue cause pain by touching something else, everytime you bend your knees and weight is acted upon it, like climbing up or down stairs.

If you have been in NS in the 70s, you would have known that duck walk and other kind of punishment is routinely handed out. Jumping down off a 6ft wall regularly is not going to help your knees.

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

Guniang
  • Guniang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

oops sorry...
but still try fish oil...

i buy mine frm www.ultimatesg.com...

its anti inflammation, good for ur nervous system and mood control... great stuff

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users