Crazy causeway traffic!

Marvelicious

Turbocharged

Yes, was going through 2nd link last Saturday around 6:30am and was surprised to see a slight jam on the tuas side. Not enough counters were open. Situation worsened by seemingly redundant security measures. There was a bored-looking rent-a-cop manning a thumbprint scanner where every adult had to get down from the vehicle and go through this process. Not sure where all this scanned fingerprint data goes to, or what it's supposed to achieve [confused] I think when the harddisk is full of data, they just delete it.

I placed my thumb on the scanner for a while, then asked the rent-a-cop if it was okay. Got no response. So placed my thumb back for a few more seconds before I was waved off. I think they have a targeted delay time, an aim to keep each commuter there as long as possible to worsen the jam and discourage people from crossing over to malaysia.

And add to this the totally redundant boot check by scdf ns personnel, who are obviously ill-suited for this role. I think when they went in for scdf, most had heroic visions of saving people, but never imagined being shoved into unglamourous boot-check duties at the 2nd link... hmmm...

On the way back, again through the 2nd link in the evening, encountered an even worse jam, again due to the singapore side. This time, an entire half of the counter complex seemed to be closed.

It would appear that all the jams are orchestrated, a ploy to deter singaporeans from getting cheaper groceries, petrol and recreation on the other side.

↡ Advertisement

how not to expect jam??? during peak hours in the evening (6 to 8pm), I saw only 7 counters open at Tuas checkpoint. off peak hours??? dun think its more than 5 counters., somemore they need to wayang to double check on every exit vehicle..... on the other hand, Malaysia custom side open 20+ counter... thats 3 times more.. thats y u can find that the jam is always caused by Sg side...

but its common lah, during 80's u can find that the jam is always caused by Malaysian custom. cos many Malaysian came to SG to spend money... Mal gov try to make their people life diff to spend in SG. So, now SG gov do the same thing back lo..

That is not true. It is always people working attitube that contributes to the problem. If you check out how ICA officers clear passport you will know what I mean. What's with the 8-12 numbers enter could cause so many keyboard strokes? Especially the backspace? And sometimes you see more "Traffic command" uncles than ICA officers.

Last time before 9/11, before MSK, before high oil prices, Causeway at this time no jam. All these factors come together to produce this new result. There are no freak events.

They should make JB passport free area for Singaporean.

Might as well give JB to Sgp gahmen?

Neutral Newbie

come to think about it,before the 9/11 and mas selamat case,its always their side jam when going in but now its our side but rare for them to have jam these days... .humm........

(edited)
my old car also fix the needles, but this new car is under warranty so i never fix it yet...

i saw someone here been caught with modify fuel (in one of the old thread here..

fine $10000 for that...

but i can tell u that more then 50% of car go into malaysia also got fix with that... but please!!! please do not tell your friends! or even your wife!!

just install the fuel needle and forget about it!!! dun show off to your friends!

sometime wife will tell her friends also... so never tell anyone that your car did it!

is hard for them to check... unless someone report your car number...

Wah lau..u tell every1 not to tell about the magic needle..& here u are tellin every1 about this..& u even thinking of fixing it after ur warranty is over?

Edited by Tarzan666

no wonder I always say I don't understand why those cars can pump more than me. My car Mazda323 is famous for pumping alot of petrol if go in at 3/4. Before petrol rise, I can pump RM65+-. Now I can pump RM100.

I was so shocked to see many cars pumping more than me. And I don't believe all of them came down from KL lor.....

I thought the jam was improving and decided to go in one Sat morning around 10am. The jam was not so bad - about half hour.

But that was before ICA had the third strike when someone left Changi Airport with his son's passport.

Must be because of that ICA become more kia si.

Can we say the jam is caused by complacency.

my old car also fix the needles, but this new car is under warranty so i never fix it yet...

i saw someone here been caught with modify fuel (in one of the old thread here..

fine $10000 for that...

but i can tell u that more then 50% of car go into malaysia also got fix with that... but please!!! please do not tell your friends! or even your wife!!

just install the fuel needle and forget about it!!! dun show off to your friends!

sometime wife will tell her friends also... so never tell anyone that your car did it!

is hard for them to check... unless someone report your car number...

I doubt 50% of the cars fix with the needle, at least me and some of my friend, close to 5 of us who frequent JB, never install.

The consequence is just too big if caught.

Neutral Newbie

what i mean is when u go fix it... dun yaya and tell your friends...

tell here ok lah... anyway my cat now still stock :)

they cannot tell every car to stop and sent to workshop to check... unless u did something wrong.

so if u install, just act as per normal and no one will tell them your car plate number and no one will stop and check you for nothing...

No they did not thumb print ALL passengers, sample only. My pax and me were not thumb printed. They didnt even bother to check my petrol tank.

Neutral Newbie

unless u go to the sungei kadut workshop then u will know how many car been install..

i never tell anyone i install, even my good friends or my wife...

so how u know about them???

anyway this is up to inv... like me with this new car... i go in every few day (sometime weekly) to pump lor, if too busy then pump in singapore... what to do...

people want to save some $$$ here and there...

Neutral Newbie

of cos! that why i dare to say...

since my car is clean now... my old car not on the road anymore...

↡ Advertisement