Crazy causeway traffic!

Marvelicious

I was one of those karna caught....took me 3hrs to get from singapore to JB and 2 hrs from JB back to singapore....and I only spend 2.5hrs in jb eating steamboat....probably this is my last trip to JB unless someone drive me in future....I have not been to JB just for dinner for years already...last time used to do it very often and also after dinner drink at eden...traffic quite good after 12am....now no way....no more jammed for me anymore... [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
Yes, was going through 2nd link last Saturday around 6:30am and was surprised to see a slight jam on the tuas side. Not enough counters were open. Situation worsened by seemingly redundant security measures. There was a bored-looking rent-a-cop manning a thumbprint scanner where every adult had to get down from the vehicle and go through this process. Not sure where all this scanned fingerprint data goes to, or what it's supposed to achieve [confused] I think when the harddisk is full of data, they just delete it.

I placed my thumb on the scanner for a while, then asked the rent-a-cop if it was okay. Got no response. So placed my thumb back for a few more seconds before I was waved off. I think they have a targeted delay time, an aim to keep each commuter there as long as possible to worsen the jam and discourage people from crossing over to malaysia.

And add to this the totally redundant boot check by scdf ns personnel, who are obviously ill-suited for this role. I think when they went in for scdf, most had heroic visions of saving people, but never imagined being shoved into unglamourous boot-check duties at the 2nd link... hmmm...

On the way back, again through the 2nd link in the evening, encountered an even worse jam, again due to the singapore side. This time, an entire half of the counter complex seemed to be closed.

It would appear that all the jams are orchestrated, a ploy to deter singaporeans from getting cheaper groceries, petrol and recreation on the other side.

jus came back from Malaysia... wah lao... u all will never believe... i check on onemotoring website b4 i take off.... see no jam and when reach there... also no jam... i use BKE and go to the custom using the flyover route... the Q is like less than 500M. yet, i was stuck there for 1 hr!!! when come bak, also the same, no jam but stuck at the Q for 1 hour! just imagine, i took almost 3 hrs to travel from Yishun to Mal and back home to pump petrol. spend 3 hrs to save $5 (pump 15L, after deduct tol charges of 2.40 + traveling cost)????? I think even adjust the fuel guage and pump 50L also not worth (too boring calculating in the Q, 50L = $28+ savings nia)... better off working part time at mid night. can easily earn more than that!

Edited by Tigershark1976

Gosh, 1:08am on a sat morning. Felt boliao went to onemotoring to check out the traffic. The expressway going into the Woodlands Checkpoint is still jammed!

I really dun understand why... Can anyone explain why?

[hur]

This is by design.

Can SG expand the lanes in Woodlands to accommodate the traffic ? Sure can, but doesn't want.

- If you look at the motorbike lane at 5 p.m. (after work), and the time the bikers need to clear, I pity them.

- Can they operate more booth during wee hours ? Sure can, but doesn't want.

All these are to deter SG'n from going into MY and spend $$$. Another example, the 3/4 tank rule.

But once economies not good, I believe people will still go if the wait is even longer. Cos' it is not only petrol, but also groceries, dining, entertainment, etc.

Neutral Newbie

Good Choice!!

used to go there very often, now no point.

petrol:

each litre, now save not even $0.90

imagine pump 20L, only save gross $18 max.

from my place and back, petrol and workout car maintenance already almost $10!!

then there's toll at both sides..

not worth to go throught all hassles just for this savings?

hidden cost:

accident, scratches due to bumper to bumper crawl? etc...

even if go in empty tank, let's say saves you $50 or so...worth it?

don't say msian vehicle very hard to claim against,s'pore ones also same same when 3rd party claims are involved.

saw once a sg plate car bump into another sg one in front to prevent another sg plate cutting in....so ironic. the one who cut in disappear to nowhere, while the other 2 are left to count their loss.

there's also the extras to pay when coming back... saw a few incidents drivers not declaring their above limit purchases at sg custom and asked to chit chat at office. think there's a duty to pay if goods exceed $200 or so.

safety....not to say s'pore very safe, but let's face the facts.

food:

jb food standards no longer like last time....worth to pay a bit more here for fresher and tastier fare...

I will still go in, but not solely for reasons above. maybe treat it as an occasional getaway.

jus came back from Malaysia... wah lao... u all will never believe... i check on onemotoring website b4 i take off.... see no jam and when reach there... also no jam... i use BKE and go to the custom using the flyover route... the Q is like less than 500M. yet, i was stuck there for 1 hr!!! when come bak, also the same, no jam but stuck at the Q for 1 hour! just imagine, i took almost 3 hrs to travel from Yishun to Mal and back home to pump petrol. spend 3 hrs to save $5 (pump 15L, after deduct tol charges of 2.40 + traveling cost)????? I think even adjust the fuel guage and pump 50L also not worth (too boring calculating in the Q, 50L = $28+ savings nia)... better off working part time at mid night. can easily earn more than that!

1. Is it really true that going over to JB during wee hours will save queuing time meh? I've never tired and will not try. I went it about 10plus am yeaterday, jam about 50mins at SG causway custom. When coming back at about 9:10pm, jam for another 50mins. But this is perfectly acceptable to me. JB side in and out, bascially jamless.

2. I never believe that onemotoring viewcam! I just go if I want to go..pick a sensible time, knowing which lane to queue and etc.

Regards,

last time, around 2 months back, yes, if you go Mal after 2am, u will go in without much waiting time, 5mins at most spend at the custom. after experiencing what happen this morning, think i will not go liao... [:|][:|][:|]

safety....not to say s'pore very safe, but let's face the facts.

There isn't a safest place in the world except Singapore [thumbsup].

Regards,

last time, around 2 months back, yes, if you go Mal after 2am, u will go in without much waiting time, 5mins at most spend at the custom. after experiencing what happen this morning, think i will not go liao...

Last night, when coming back to SG, The custom officer apologized to me that they're experiencing some problems with the system hence the delay in clearance. Is that why, they can't open more lanes?

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

someone already say earlier, sg biz in many sectors especially retails quite bad already.

only a few see vital growth. all mainstream and traditional top performers are biting dust now.

if one person go there to let's say save a very conservative $50 per household which could go to sg economy

let's say also a very conservative 50,000 households do this every week

in 1 year already a very conservative $140m 'loss'.

the figures may be much much more if you include things other than necessities like holidays, luxury goods like slimming packages, health checks at 5 start hospitals, car mods, etc....

so what can the miw do?

if you also not aware already we are still in a 3rd world mentality with 1st class country. the word 'free economy' does not exist here even if m'sia still adopting their NEP or previous capital control.

remember the recent sg comment on m'sia subsidy on petrol or rice when they say should let market force determine price??? who is right?

(edited)
Yes, was going through 2nd link last Saturday around 6:30am and was surprised to see a slight jam on the tuas side. Not enough counters were open. Situation worsened by seemingly redundant security measures. There was a bored-looking rent-a-cop manning a thumbprint scanner where every adult had to get down from the vehicle and go through this process. Not sure where all this scanned fingerprint data goes to, or what it's supposed to achieve [confused] I think when the harddisk is full of data, they just delete it.

I placed my thumb on the scanner for a while, then asked the rent-a-cop if it was okay. Got no response. So placed my thumb back for a few more seconds before I was waved off. I think they have a targeted delay time, an aim to keep each commuter there as long as possible to worsen the jam and discourage people from crossing over to malaysia.

And add to this the totally redundant boot check by scdf ns personnel, who are obviously ill-suited for this role. I think when they went in for scdf, most had heroic visions of saving people, but never imagined being shoved into unglamourous boot-check duties at the 2nd link... hmmm...

On the way back, again through the 2nd link in the evening, encountered an even worse jam, again due to the singapore side. This time, an entire half of the counter complex seemed to be closed.

It would appear that all the jams are orchestrated, a ploy to deter singaporeans from getting cheaper groceries, petrol and recreation on the other side.

Bro. Number 1 rule going into Jbee.

NEVER GO VIA BKE side !!!!!!!

Best is to go via Admiralty road side. Detour a bit from the car park. Guarantee u jam MAX 30 mins even if got big jam. Then cut in from the right most road. oppssss...pia-chek lobang. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

I was one of those karna caught....took me 3hrs to get from singapore to JB and 2 hrs from JB back to singapore....and I only spend 2.5hrs in jb eating steamboat....probably this is my last trip to JB unless someone drive me in future....I have not been to JB just for dinner for years already...last time used to do it very often and also after dinner drink at eden...traffic quite good after 12am....now no way....no more jammed for me anymore... [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

For weekend, going in saturday will be a better choice.

Abt 1 or 1.30pm will be best, b4 those OPC join the masses. [nod]

For political reason, cannot close down. Otherwise, people say SG KS.

So, open one or two lanes lor.

Neutral Newbie

my friend called me from JB 1/2 hour ago, asking me to check the onemotoring at jb-sin side @ woodlands CW. He was stuck in JB side for 2 hrs. Holy cow [jawdrop] , when i turn on in onemotoring, i can't believe my eyes. The whole Causeway is jam pack! @ 11.30p.m Guess what check on the 2nd link and also the same.. [dizzy]

I told my friend good luck to him. I guess he will reach home @ 3 in the morning

I tell you what happen, the jam was up till the JB Caltex petrol station around 8+pm. Then at approximately 910pm when i was just about to exit woodland(after the security check), i'm 5-6 car before the exit; they test their barrier system or what, alarm sounded and all at a standstill for 20-30min.

What the F*#K are they thinking!!! Doing system check at super peak hr? or they found Mas Selamak !!! I'm not surprise if the est 30min standstill would have cause the jam up to JB Sentosa. Woodland ICA really cannot make it, i wonder if they do it on purpose or what.... damn

↡ Advertisement