Crazy causeway traffic!

Marvelicious

Sun morniong i reach causway at 7 plus, i jam abt 1 hr 30 min before reach JB custom. The jam quite jia lat imo. I wake up 6 30am sun morning i go onemotoring to check, its jam also! Den i come back around 12 plus noon, i notice there is no jam at all at the spore side toward JB, why the pattern like that? I tot afternoon should have more ppl...

↡ Advertisement

Whats new? World class standard... Packaging gd to see but not gd to use. Malaysia side is packaging not gd, but inside ho liao [thumbsup]

Yes, was going through 2nd link last Saturday around 6:30am and was surprised to see a slight jam on the tuas side. Not enough counters were open. Situation worsened by seemingly redundant security measures. There was a bored-looking rent-a-cop manning a thumbprint scanner where every adult had to get down from the vehicle and go through this process. Not sure where all this scanned fingerprint data goes to, or what it's supposed to achieve [confused] I think when the harddisk is full of data, they just delete it.

I placed my thumb on the scanner for a while, then asked the rent-a-cop if it was okay. Got no response. So placed my thumb back for a few more seconds before I was waved off. I think they have a targeted delay time, an aim to keep each commuter there as long as possible to worsen the jam and discourage people from crossing over to malaysia.

And add to this the totally redundant boot check by scdf ns personnel, who are obviously ill-suited for this role. I think when they went in for scdf, most had heroic visions of saving people, but never imagined being shoved into unglamourous boot-check duties at the 2nd link... hmmm...

On the way back, again through the 2nd link in the evening, encountered an even worse jam, again due to the singapore side. This time, an entire half of the counter complex seemed to be closed.

It would appear that all the jams are orchestrated, a ploy to deter singaporeans from getting cheaper groceries, petrol and recreation on the other side.

jus came back from Malaysia... wah lao... u all will never believe... i check on onemotoring website b4 i take off.... see no jam and when reach there... also no jam... i use BKE and go to the custom using the flyover route... the Q is like less than 500M. yet, i was stuck there for 1 hr!!! when come bak, also the same, no jam but stuck at the Q for 1 hour! just imagine, i took almost 3 hrs to travel from Yishun to Mal and back home to pump petrol. spend 3 hrs to save $5 (pump 15L, after deduct tol charges of 2.40 + traveling cost)????? I think even adjust the fuel guage and pump 50L also not worth (too boring calculating in the Q, 50L = $28+ savings nia)... better off working part time at mid night. can easily earn more than that!

I think must pump around 30litres to see savings, and dun stay too far from the customs. Close to 4litres of fuel to get to and from the causeway would be too long a distance. Esp nowadays with jams up till 3am in the morning and resumes at 5, 6am almost daily. I pity those who stay in those blocks just near the causeway, having to put with the horns from the bikes and the air pollution from the vehicles.

Sometime i wonder how much can one save from the 1/4 tank of JB fuel? Include the hours of jam to and fro, time wasted, fuel burn on the jam etc, more or less the money save from pumping in JB all gone liao. Maybe my calculation is wrong or what, i still see ppl rush inside to pump. Unless all do the illegal fuel needle thingy [lipsrsealed]

I think you might have missed out that most of the people don't just go in purely for fuel. When they go in, its an entire "package". Makan, buy some groceries, wash car, haircut + petrol [;)]

Supercharged

Went in thru Tuas last Mon at about 8:30 am. Only 3 immigration booths were open so there was a jam. Had to step out of car to do the thumbprint scan (in Woodlands, they pass you the scanner thru the window). Guy in charge of checking petrol level was sleeping in his chair (facing away from traffic); can't use camera or camera phone so no pics to share.

Hrmmm....if propose do express counter will help or not ar?

For eg.

Lane 1 for cars with less than 2 people

Lane 2 & 3 for cars with up to 4 people

Lane 4 for SUVs and MPVs which above 4 people.

Will it help?

All cars with more than 2 people must enter from BKE.

Cars with less than 2 people enter from Woodland centre.

Enforce harsh penalty for people who break the rules.

And also same goes for entering SIN.

Is it workable??

First put urself in miw shoe, will these methods of improvement generate profit?? If no den forget it, they will not do it.

that's very normal, basically the jam is unpredictable, that's why even the announment from ICA or LTA only tell you, 'TRY TO AVOID THE PEACK PERIOD AND PLAN YOUR ROUTE', but they never tell you when is the peack period, bcoz even them, they wouldn't know. [furious]

Neutral Newbie

Last week, went to JB with my father. Went out at 9pm. Came back at 1am [furious] It was not moving. Seriously, not an inch. There were even no Aetos personel checking the car boot.

Neutral Newbie

I think the chief of custom @ Woodlands should starting sending out his resume [sweatdrop]

I thought we are 1st class in term of efficency like airport, seaport etc but what happen to Woodlands custom??

At x I am not happy with Dr M the way he tekan Singapore but sometimes I think he is right. We might be too ignorance at x. Those that benfits us, we'll try all out all our ways to get it but those that is no benefits to us, we will behave differently.

Well maybe some of us here will say that security is our utmost top priorties..

Wake up lar, u think Mat Salmat will escape thru W'lands CW or Tuas checkpoint meh?? Maybe he already escape but just that our gamen cannot accept the fact. Or maybe he fell into big drain in the bushy area when he try to escape but just he is buried with all the greenry and we cannot find his dead body...

Neutral Newbie
Sometime i wonder how much can one save from the 1/4 tank of JB fuel? Include the hours of jam to and fro, time wasted, fuel burn on the jam etc, more or less the money save from pumping in JB all gone liao. Maybe my calculation is wrong or what, i still see ppl rush inside to pump. Unless all do the illegal fuel needle thingy [lipsrsealed]

I think you might have missed out that most of the people don't just go in purely for fuel. When they go in, its an entire "package". Makan, buy some groceries, wash car, haircut + petrol [;)]

Imagine in future when petrol prices hit $4-$5 per litres, think almost all singapore cars will flooded JB for their petrol every 1-2 days. [jawdrop]

Gosh, 1:08am on a sat morning. Felt boliao went to onemotoring to check out the traffic. The expressway going into the Woodlands Checkpoint is still jammed!

I really dun understand why... Can anyone explain why?

[hur]

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/General_C1...post_id=2441379

Here's their justification for the Jam... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Drugs found in soft toy, 2 women arrested at Woodlands Checkpoint

SINGAPORE : An innocuous-looking soft toy in the back seat of a car, crossing the Woodlands Checkpoint on Monday, was found to contain controlled drugs.

Immigration & Checkpoints Authority officers, carrying out routine checks on a Malaysian-registered car in the early hours of Monday morning, discovered four newspaper-wrapped bundles stuffed in the toy.

A total of 1,400 'Erimin 5' tablets, three sachets containing about 150 grammes of Ketamine and two sachets of about 30 grammes of 'ICE' was found.

The woman driver and her passenger, both 23 years of age, denied ownership of the items.

The women reside and work in Singapore. Their case has been referred to the Central Narcotics Bureau for investigations.

If convicted, they face a minimum sentence of five years' jail each. - CNA/ms

I really wonder how to get caught here? Either theres a tip off or the officer liked soft toy and poked, and found it too hard. [sly]

[laugh][laugh][laugh][drivingcar]

(edited)

With the extra security for outgoing of S'pore at woodlands

1) Thumb print scanning- A compulsory scanning of thumb prints for every travelers regardless of age,sex,race. I saw the screen that they were trying to match every thumb print with MSK doing a Pass or Fail [dizzy][dizzy]

2) Checking of boot : I think some civil defense personnel were asked to help in the check point at out bound or woodlands to see if MSK was hiding in the boot instead some were very free and started directing traffic. One of them lagi best he asked a driver to open up his ice box so that he can look inside. [dizzy][dizzy] I don't think MSK can hide in the ice box which is obviously too small. So could the instructions being passed down being not clear?

Edited by Boxster

I went in about 1030am yesterday. Took almost 1 1/2 hrs to clear the Sg customs. [sweatdrop] . Hardly moving! I would not go unless I had errands to run. Those go for petrol alone really bo eng or [hur].

JB on the other hand is so smooth. Dunno wtf they are doing. Maybe WSK head on the line if another messy up occurs [laugh]

1 person U think make a difference? I took leave to go JB to run errands cos I didnt wanna get caught in Jam. Now the Jam is like 24/7. Yesterday when I went in it like a Weekend jam. I think the usual weekend jam will be crazy [hur] . Anyway I think I burnt 3 -4 liters of fuel being caught in Jam & maybe 3 liter travelling fuel so didnt save much anyway. If put needles or CNG maybe makes more sense, otherwise waste time.

(edited)

aiya...one car less better than 1 car more mah. Becasue of one car hesitation, 3 cars can cut Q u know. [:p]

Then go on saturday afternoon. Definately less jam. U havent try b4, just anyhow bom say jam. [:|]

Put on needles not worth it.....kena caught means "bye bye" to car & the owner go to jail. Not worth it even if one saves $10,000 per trip. CNG can still consider. [:)]

sart-the-day ah-the-noon rah bro. [sunny]

Edited by Hiphiphoray
↡ Advertisement