Crazy causeway traffic!

Marvelicious

Neutral Newbie

bro, told u the other time

go ni at 5-5.30pm, they'll open up the underground heavy vehicle pathway. Thos coming from woodlands centre/under the overhead bridge - q on the right lane, will benefit thumbsup.gif

quite fast, chop chop 30 mins on weekdays. u got try anot?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

yeah i wonder too. they must have kaki else how to be so bullseye?

eh, i hv 2 ginger breadman toys in my car. how ah? laugh.gif

Neutral Newbie

yup, its the entire package bro thumbsup.gif

but for some, like our powerhouse HHH laugh.gif, the saving from petrol alone is more than enuff for them to make frequent trips. I wouldnt mind too...

(edited)

go ni at 5-5.30pm, they'll open up the underground heavy vehicle pathway. Thos coming from woodlands centre/under the overhead bridge - q on the right lane, will benefit

quite fast, chop chop 30 mins on weekdays. u got try anot?

Wahhhhh...u season liao yourself too. This lo-bang also u know. [laugh]

5-5.30pm difficult for me lei. Earliest i reach there on weekdays is 6.30pm. [:(]

Dont say powerhouse rah. There are many MCF bros going in too. And many many others. Orelse the endless traffic jams wont be there.

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Neutral Newbie

wah, 6.30 die rah... jam super jialat leh plus those bikes/lorries/factory busses. This is new lobang where ICA divert heavy vehicles to old woodland immigration ctr, freeing up existing chkpoint for cars

but i agree Sat aftn is smooth but cumming back, even using JB Setulang heavy vehicles immigration oso cmi shakehead.gif. Its Sgp side all the way to JB

but these days hor, jam is like 24/7 leh hur.gif

Ya...agree. Nowsadays the jam siao siao one. Saturday is the best timing by far.

One alternative is to sleep early, then wake up @ 1am go in jam-free lor. applicable for Mon-thurs nites only.

Neutral Newbie

Ever tried few times b4 ard 3~4am going in during normal nites but still took abt half an hour to clear spg side cos only open 3 counter..

Come back same tink, need to que as only open few checkin counters..

Last time b4 my raise their selling price was like able to complete the round trip in abt 50 min but now with higher pricing only able to done tat in 1.5 hrs or even more, once complete trip took mi 2 hrs [sweatdrop]

Now everyday watch fm 1motor long long que... give up topping in my, save time to do other tinks rather than waste 1~2hrs in jam, day or nite [:/]

Neutral Newbie

eh bro, u dun make mistake hor. jam @ Sgp chk point really unpredictable and geeting from worse to worst shakehead.gif

i went in at 1 last nite, woodlands immigratn still jam half bridge. washed car, ramly burger, refuel only to get stuck half causeway upon return @ 2.30. super sian

jam 30 mins still ok rah. For me, if i go in btw 1/2 to 3/4 mark, i can pump 30 ltrs. Save abt $30. Usually i go in every 3-4 days, depends on the milage.

So save abt $300 a month. ok mah.

Sometimes i lazy, then have to top up some spore petrol lor........or just close eyes go in @ 1/4 mark. [lipsrsealed]

Now i frequent the permas area quite often, then drop by jusco. Good place to walk-walk for my family rah. At least over there not much crowd, as compare to our suntec city or vivo city. Then go for makan thereafter, wash car, top up petrol then go home.

Like u said, its a whole package one. [nod]

Hrmmm....if propose do express counter will help or not ar?

For eg.

Lane 1 for cars with less than 2 people

Lane 2 & 3 for cars with up to 4 people

Lane 4 for SUVs and MPVs which above 4 people.

Will it help?

All cars with more than 2 people must enter from BKE.

Cars with less than 2 people enter from Woodland centre.

Enforce harsh penalty for people who break the rules.

And also same goes for entering SIN.

Is it workable??

============================

Might b worth a try but must have clear & proper signage well in advance. Also media must inform pple about the change otherwise many pple claim they got in the "wrong" lane cos they were not aware of the changes. [sly]

Can bet wil have many arguments at the checkpoints during peak periods. [sweatdrop]

There can always be improvements but would they bother???

===================

That is the real issue.

I sometimes feel the jams r actually caused by them just to discourage pple from going to MY to get better value for their hard earned money. [lipsrsealed]

First put urself in miw shoe, will these methods of improvement generate profit?? If no den forget it, they will not do it.

====================

TRUE. [nod]

Last week, went to JB with my father. Went out at 9pm. Came back at 1am [furious] It was not moving. Seriously, not an inch. There were even no Aetos personel checking the car boot.

====================

Everybody happened to go for their tea-break at the same time?

Cud b an admin c0ck-up. [rolleyes]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

I think the chief of custom @ Woodlands should starting sending out his resume [sweatdrop]

I thought we are 1st class in term of efficency like airport, seaport etc but what happen to Woodlands custom??

At x I am not happy with Dr M the way he tekan Singapore but sometimes I think he is right. We might be too ignorance at x. Those that benfits us, we'll try all out all our ways to get it but those that is no benefits to us, we will behave differently.

Well maybe some of us here will say that security is our utmost top priorties..

Wake up lar, u think Mat Salmat will escape thru W'lands CW or Tuas checkpoint meh?? Maybe he already escape but just that our gamen cannot accept the fact. Or maybe he fell into big drain in the bushy area when he try to escape but just he is buried with all the greenry and we cannot find his dead body...

===============

Why sud he look for a new job? In the eyes of the gharmen, he is doing a splendid job of discouraging pple form going north to spend S$. [:p]

I think the MS issue is already over lah. He long gone liow. [:|] The checks r just another way to slow us down. [:/]

Sometime i wonder how much can one save from the 1/4 tank of JB fuel? Include the hours of jam to and fro, time wasted, fuel burn on the jam etc, more or less the money save from pumping in JB all gone liao. Maybe my calculation is wrong or what, i still see ppl rush inside to pump. Unless all do the illegal fuel needle thingy [lipsrsealed]

I think you might have missed out that most of the people don't just go in purely for fuel. When they go in, its an entire "package". Makan, buy some groceries, wash car, haircut + petrol [;)]

Imagine in future when petrol prices hit $4-$5 per litres, think almost all singapore cars will flooded JB for their petrol every 1-2 days. [jawdrop]

======================

By that time u wil have 2km jams 24/7. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

And to discourage us further so as to protect the Cartel & their tax coffers, they wil decide to start doing "road works" at the c'way & all major roads leading to it. [jawdrop]

With the extra security for outgoing of S'pore at woodlands

1) Thumb print scanning- A compulsory scanning of thumb prints for every travelers regardless of age,sex,race. I saw the screen that they were trying to match every thumb print with MSK doing a Pass or Fail [dizzy][dizzy]

2) Checking of boot : I think some civil defense personnel were asked to help in the check point at out bound or woodlands to see if MSK was hiding in the boot instead some were very free and started directing traffic. One of them lagi best he asked a driver to open up his ice box so that he can look inside. [dizzy][dizzy] I don't think MSK can hide in the ice box which is obviously too small. So could the instructions being passed down being not clear?

=======================

That ice-box was prob mine as I keep 1 in the back all the time. [blush]

Maybe he expected to see MS head inside with the rest of his body concealed under it. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Nowadays, its round the clock 24hrs jam at Causeway. Last Saturday morning wanted to go in during the wee hours..... check the webcam from 1am up till 6am, the jam was still present at our side. [dizzy]

↡ Advertisement