Which is better Suzuki Grand Vitara or Nissan Qashqai?

Andrewtankw

depend on spec

but qash has won many accolades and is a very well built and safe car

gv...dun find it good, rear drums totally weak, one nearly smashed my ass last yr

Neutral Newbie

You might want to wait till end of July for Qashqai. TC is bringing it in n the actual unit will reach our shore at the end of the month. My SE has sent me the details for the pre-launch. It has 6 speed transmission, CVT engine. If you want to confirm the details, can pm our in house nissan SE.

My friend got a Vitara 2.0L (4WD). The FC is very bad and slow pick up.

However, I like the look of Vitara, it looks very mascular! [thumbsup] Should get the 2WD to have better FC.

Any opinion?

No need to ask for opinion.

Go for test drive and ask yourself which one you LIKE it better.

Both cars suck in FC but the plus point is that TC is giving good discount to those who book the Cashcow now...

Cashcow is a newer car, can last longer in the market. The Vitara should be up for facelift in 2009.

No... Specs 14.2l give or take 20-25% loss over this figure...

It should be in the region of 9-10km...

anyway... most Nissan cars are petrol drinkers.(sterotyping [:p] )

More paper specs

[inline "20080707 - 'Nissan Qashqai_ Specification'.jpg"]

The Combined cycle seem to be based on 40% Urban and 60% highway.

post-2-1215425004_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Went to check out the Vitara and Dualis (PI's Qashqai).

Vitara, exterior looks rugged and displayed true offroader looks. 2.0FR grossly underpowered and why a FR anyway? The 2.04WD is discontinued and although have offroad features like diff lock, it is even more underpowered. The 2.7 has more features but do i really want a 2700cc SUV drinker?

Guess not.

Saw the Dualis. Exterior is so-so. The PI's version comes with panoramic glass roof.... very impressive! Until i saw the dashboard. Damn it looks so ugly and the console looks so out-of-date. Left the PI without asking the price.

Toyota RAV4. Having own the 4.2 model before, the new 4.3 (2.4L) model upsets me somewhat as I thought it lost it's offroad bearing. But it is stil a GREAT car. Interior is very futuristic and comes with nice features esp the G model (PI). But it's somewhat too big and honestly, im quite tired of having the rear spare wheel on the boots door.

Honda Crossroad. NICE! Looks like a mini Hummer. Interior is neat but it is underpowered. The 2.0 model cost around $90K to indent. (forget it!). This is a bootless car if you going 7seater. If you usually go 5 seater then the boot is quite big with 3rd row folded. But the various PIs have so many options till i blur. Finally walked away from this as Im not confident i will stick to this car for long.

Honda CRV. Never really check out this ride although 2 friends are driving it. Dun like the front bumper. End of story.

Subaru Forester (2009) model. This is the new model which is more SUV now than the outgoing model. MUCH bigger cabin and rear leg space is great although sitting in the middle is uncomfortable due to the pull down arm rest and u'll be sitting on a cupholder which is tucked in the middle. Looks is rather nice and resembles somewhat like the Mit Pajero. The XT model comes with HUGE sunroof. I stood up from the rear seats through the sunroof with ease. Audio steering control and XT comes with cruise control on the steering too. Boot space is biggest in it's class and comes standard with 5 sports rims.

After much deliberation, me and wifey chose the Forester XT due to overall specs and features. FC might be an issue but the same goes for the rest except the RAV4 which is common to hear FC of 10-11km/l.