Golden Horse Nominations

David

You could be on the nomination list, if lucky you could be walking away with one too. But do not be too happy yet.

Summary of report - TNP, 7/10/2008 Singapore Movies selling like "hot goreng pisang

Selected(it does not read elite though) guests of a budget hotel in Klang, Selangor have unknowingly become 'stars' of sexy videos secretly recorded by the hotel operator sold to video pirates for RM$1000 to RM$3000.

"I always pick those who are not only nice looking but are good 'actors' too. Of course, the bedroom activities are a must in the video."

Besides, the hotel operator also get a royalties cut of at least RM$5 per copy sold.

Titles such as Asia Bagus Vol 1 contained something like 27 episodes are selling like hot 'goreng pisang'. The videos are from all over the country - Klang, Malacca and Johor.

so when you go up there to recieve your GH Award, put in a word of thanks to the hotel operator.laugh.gif

↡ Advertisement

相爱相亲, Love Education, 7 nominations, of which 3 were for Sylvia Zhang

Best Director 

Best Original Screenplay

Best Actress

Offhand, I think the last time an actor / actress was nominated in these categories in Oscars was Warren Beatty for Reds.

Sylvia Zhang acted on this movie and director for this movie as well?!  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Sylvia Zhang acted on this movie and director for this movie as well?!  [thumbsup]

Yes, I find she is quite talented. But don't get to see many of her movies.

I enjoyed her memorable performance in Edward Yang's That Day On the Beach.

TZZ also leh. 

Got a fav singer as one of the actress also. 

Very nice,  maciam 'gu chye guay' 

Should be on cable.  Hint hint wink wink. 

铁的缉碌,爱的教育。

Edited by Datsun366

Sylvia is a recognized female scholar (才女). Sing perform and write.  Panda bear. 

Ann is more reserved.  Although her passion is like the ocean.  Strong and deep. 

Both chio in their own. 

TZZ is a brand unto himself. 

• Praise 1

GOLDEN HORSE: Actress Hsu Feng honored for lifetime achievement

Taipei, Nov. 25 (CNA) Taiwanese actress and producer Hsu Feng (徐楓), whose cinematic career has spanned over five decades, was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Golden Horse Awards on Saturday.

The 67-year-old actress, who received the award from actress-director Sylvia Chang, got a standing ovation from the crowd at the award ceremony in Taipei.

In her acceptance speech, Hsu gave special thanks to late director King Hu.

"If I have accomplished anything, it was thanks to his strict guidance. I would not be here today if it were not for him," she said.

"This award is not an end for me, but a new beginning," Hsu added.

Hsu's first screen appearance was a bit part in King Hu's martial arts film "Dragon Gate Inn" in 1967.

In 1970, she played the daughter of a Ming Dynasty politician in another of Hu's martial arts films, "A Touch of Zen," a role for which she gained international fame. The film won the Technical Grand Prize at the 1975 Cannes Film Festival.

Hsu won two Golden Horse best actress awards in her acting career, which lasted until the 1980s. The first one was for "Assassin" in 1976 and the second for "The Pioneers" in 1980.

In 1984, Hsu established Tomson International Entertainment Co., launching her career as a producer.

Since that time she has produced 26 films, including the acclaimed Chinese-language drama "Farewell My Concubine" about the life-long friendship of two men who meet as apprentices in a Peking opera troupe.

The film won the Palme d'Or at the 1993 Cannes Film Festival and best foreign language film at the 1994 Golden Globe Awards and was nominated for best foreign language film at the 1994 Academy Awards.

In recent years, Hsu has funded the restoration and digital remastering of her classic films, including "A Touch of Zen" and "Legend of the Mountain." She has also sponsored training programs on film restoration. 

(By Christie Chen)

Enditem/ls

侠女

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/aedu/201711250024.aspx

post-15968-0-83266900-1511673658.jpg

post-15968-0-12748200-1511673668.jpg

Although better known as actress in the 60's and 70's, she's was a great film producer in the 80's and 90's. Her Thomson Film Production Company has produced many of today's classics, 滚滚红尘 (Brigitte Lin), 今夜星光灿烂 (Joey Wong), 霸王别姬 (Lesilie Cheung), 殺夫 (Pat Ha) just to name a few.

Among films she acted in, 龍門客棧 (the original, later adapted by Tsui Hark in the 90's and starring Maggie Cheung and Brigitte Lin) left the most lasting impression in me.

Yes, I went down to Capitol when Asian Film Archive screened a 4K version of the original Dragon Inn. Hsu Feng had a small role as one of the orphans then. My personal favourites are A Touch of Zen and Legend of the Mountain (with Sylvia Zhang). She could manage vulnerability and sultriness very well. Must admit I have not watched all her movies as they are a bit hard to come by.

Think Tarantino's The Hateful Eight is also Dragon Inn-inspired.

• Praise 2

Hong Kong films and film makers virtually absent from this year's nominations, except a few category nia nia, e.g. Best Supporting Actress 惠英红.

The best director category will be a tough fight among highly rated veterans. Surprisingly, art film favorite Jia Zhangke is out of the race, except for his wife's nomination for Best Actress. 

Gong Li chairs this year's jury committee.

http://www.goldenhorse.org.tw/awards/nw/

No or not many hong kong films and even actors/actress nominated in Gold Horse, it would feel like something is missing liao.

Not many good HK movies these days. Which one can you recall from the past year ?

Cannot recall cause i long long time no watch movie liao.  [:p]

interesting that Taiwan is now trying to deny anything from China, but this event have more China movies and China artists been nominated.

Not to mention GongLi for kpkb few years ago that the event is a kelong [laugh]

"Shadow" not only had the most nominations, it has both husband and wife nominated for best actor and actress, did they sponsor the movie?

惠英紅 is consistently taking roles that got her nominated in many best actress awards [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

As expected by most people, Zhang Yimou won Best Director, as his ex-GF chairs the committee .. [laugh]

The most talked about incident turned out to be a comment made by the director of Best Documentary winner about recognition for an independent Taiwan .. then mainland actor went on stage to proclaim "China Taiwan".[laugh]

became an awkward closing with mainland celebrities boycott all the after events and flew back quietly [sweatdrop]

Hearsay they are being told to boycott.

apparently so since Going Li didn't go up for the speech after all the 统独 talk by celebrities from each side.

↡ Advertisement