Durian Season - Searching.....

Newbie_driver

wave.gif The durian pancake at AMK Hub is a branch of Four Seasons Cafe at 212 Joo Chiat Rd, opp the famous Crab coffeeshop at Still rd.

oh I saw that on newspaper article put up at counter.Is Joo chiat Queue shorter? I shall try out Joo chiat next time.Thanks :)

(edited)

Joo Chiat Four Seasons Cafe (selling durian pancakes and other durian pastries) is opened only in the day. In the evening, the Cafe is closed and they only sell durians. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken [flowerface]

Anywayz, if u happen to drop by Four Seasons for durians, do take note that u have to control the durian seller. Modern management style they may claim but old habits die hard...durian sellers are durian sellers (and farmers are farmers) so they'll hard sell to you [nod] If you dun stop them, they will open one after another and expect you to buy all.

Thus, if you only wanna look see, just tell the fellow to open one for you to test and stop him from opening another one [nod] Do take note [flowerface]

Better cross over to the opposite side and try their famous crab dishes (black pepper crab [thumbsup] ) but the Q is even longer [sweatdrop]

Edited by Chickenfarm

Airforce or "Kong Jun" is quite good. Very expensive. Allegedly singapore's most expensive durian.

The most expensive durian is the stall just opposite Fullerton Hotel. [laugh]

Hypersonic

Not sure abt this week, but last week they were selling the Cat Mountain King durian for S$25/kg. [dizzy]

Ok, so last wkend I was in KL and I went to eat durian at a stall in Ampang. Man, they are selling the same for RM$18/kg...about S$7.5/kg. I whacked 2 myself. [laugh]

To the TS, maybe can make a trip to KL and relax, as well as makan the Cat Mountain King durian there? [nod]

oh ok thanks alot ..I dollar-cents aunty always aim for cheaper durians e.g 3 for $10 or $5 type..cheapskate type..so durian sellers wan use that method v hard laugh.giflaugh.gif

this stall very ex and hard sell. open die die must buy. 3 weeks ago i bought 3 liew lian for $160 [jawdrop] $20/kg. 3 so call cat mountain king. 3 thorny fruit for $160 [jawdrop]

go home wife face smelly smelly. she hates durian, luckily she dunt know one liew lian cost $53 or else i die. [knife]

just now i go marine parade central got one very big stall sell durian. the cat mountain king only $10/kg maybe can bargain. This weekend going to buy n stink my wife to death again.

She always said after eating

cat mountain king = no pussy valley queen [bigcry]

Sometimes in my mind i think i rather eat cat than pussy (this sat is one of them hehe [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

We only patronise 717 trading and Toa Payoh Lor 8 for good durians...The pp at these 2 pl quite nice...they r quite honest...they knew my bro...when they do not hav gd durians, they will tell him today's durian not so gd...

Durians are my favourite...super love them...though now is the season, cant eat cos too much carbo...trying to lose somemore weight...haiz...hb n mum tempt me, ask me to eat but I jus refused...they said something is wrong wif me to reject my long-loved durian...

durain is also my hot favorite fruit. You should eat since u like it alot. Life is short and is only one, so just enjoy it while u still can.

↡ Advertisement