Leather shoes: Any recommendation?

Thermodynamics

Got good and not too expensive ones or not?

I wore a few pairs of obermain, and found them really durable...

First time came across it was really lucky. Chanced upon this 'warehouse clearance sale' in Suntec when we happened to pass by. Bought 2 pairs. Wore for about 4-5 yr. 2nd pair also lasted about the same time, now near tail end liao... 

nowadays no more such good-value sale anymore...

Obermain is one of the better brands I will recommend.

Sadly nowadays, it's hard to find one less than $100.  [:(] 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

my experience with leather shoes or most shoes are, you need to wear it yourself to test. Even trying out in the shop will not ensure it fits you. Sometimes, you need to wear them for a few days before you know if they fit. The 'best looking' design may not be your type also.

• Praise 1

150 or so. Geox outlet at IMM got chance.

<100 Pedro etc. Sure won't be as comfy as Obermains.

The first 2 Obermains i bought were comfort shoes, and boy, were they comfortable... no idea why got that type of ridiculously good deal at that time, and probably after tasting blood, now always think too expensive...

it's reminiscent of last time i bought car with $2,000 depreciation, but now is around $11,000... so cannot stomach  [laugh]

Timberland leather boots. Light weight, thin soft leather and comfortable. Provides some ankle support. Repelles sand and water. Easy to clean.

Wanted to try those atas handmade leather shoes at the shop at Millenia Walk. Entry price $500 a pair. [dead]

Edited by Watwheels

Timberland leather boots. Light weight, thin soft leather and comfortable. Provides some ankle support. Repelles sand and water. Easy to clean.

Wanted to try those atas handmade leather shoes at the shop at Millenia Walk. Entry price $500 a pair. [dead]

Don't have to splurge so much on shoes. Among all the apparels, they are the most easily worn out and spoiled ones.

Even those good shoes only last 4-5 years that you wear daily.

I'd honestly not bother about the "atas" handmade leather shoes at Millenia walk.  Look nice but don't wear nice, imo.  The selection of leather shoes in Singapore is quite pathetic.  Some of the prices are eyebrow raising for dubious quality and you get sales chaps who shall we say spend more time trying to impress upon you about the brand than trying to find a shoe that fits you.  

Rant over.

If you are in KL, drop by P.Lal Shoes and have a look at their Loakes, Crockett and Jones

http://plal.com/store/

Once you know your size and style, you can order them in from there.

If you visit HK, you can drop by Tassels (they are abit ex but are always willing to negotiate).  They have Alden, Crockett and Jones etc.  http://www.tassels.com.hk/index.php  Same thing, can order in.

• Praise 1

I'd honestly not bother about the "atas" handmade leather shoes at Millenia walk.  Look nice but don't wear nice, imo.  The selection of leather shoes in Singapore is quite pathetic.  Some of the prices are eyebrow raising for dubious quality and you get sales chaps who shall we say spend more time trying to impress upon you about the brand than trying to find a shoe that fits you.  

Rant over.

If you are in KL, drop by P.Lal Shoes and have a look at their Loakes, Crockett and Jones

If you visit HK, you can drop by Tassels (they are abit ex but are always willing to negotiate).  They have Alden, Crockett and Jones etc.  http://www.tassels.com.hk/index.php  Same thing, can order in.

walau yours all atas brand even more ex than the handmade leh   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

can buy at least 5 pairs for price of one pair. 

my hush puppies already ultra seasoned until everything very chui liao. 

The heel part the leather tore apart and the foam padding came out, cut it away.

The sole can feel is quite thin.

But it doesn't leak when walking on rain water puddles and I only walk from car to house to work and back, so still using them.

Really use until the last cent wrung out of it  [laugh]

Rant over.

If we don't have it, sorry we can't order it.

Crockett & Jones don't like us selling their shoes at affordable prices.

http://plal.com/store/index.php?page=crockett-and-jones

I almost roll on the floor when I click on the link and saw this.

Are they selling cheong wans? Not saying cheong wan no good but...mlmlwm.

Edited by Watwheels

my hush puppies already ultra seasoned until everything very chui liao. 

The heel part the leather tore apart and the foam padding came out, cut it away.

The sole can feel is quite thin.

But it doesn't leak when walking on rain water puddles and I only walk from car to house to work and back, so still using them.

Really use until the last cent wrung out of it  [laugh]

it's ok you are a doctor not banker, they need the killer look  [laugh]  [laugh]

i stop buying Hush puppies after knowing Amazon can get shoes at almost half the price, i bought 5 pairs from amazon and 2 pairs here in last 10 years (refer to only shoes for work).

it's ok you are a doctor not banker, they need the killer look  [laugh]  [laugh]

i stop buying Hush puppies after knowing Amazon can get shoes at almost half the price, i bought 5 pairs from amazon and 2 pairs here in last 10 years (refer to only shoes for work).

i bought rockport last black fri but come out also about 90 sgd. N while it's comfy enough, the material more like PVC leather rather than HP quality.

I would really prefer to buy HP at say 110-120 when at GSS.

http://plal.com/store/index.php?page=crockett-and-jones

I almost roll on the floor when I click on the link and saw this.

Are they selling cheong wans? Not saying cheong wan no good but...mlmlwm.

Hahah, no they don't.  They used to order C&J direct from C&J but sold them at below the controlled prices so C&J got pissed at them and have refused to sell new shoes to them ever since.

C&J shoes are nice and were under the radar but became popular because Daniel Craig wore them for a certain movie.  

Full disclosure:  

I have no financial interest in the shops listed.  

I have bought from Tassels and it wasn't a C&J.    I still wear that shoe to this day i.e. 5 years old now.

Plal didn't have the C&J size I wanted so I didn't get any shoes from them. I wear a 10UK and they only had a 9.5UK.

I order my shoes direct from the UK since I know my size and design.  

Hahah, no they don't.  They used to order C&J direct from C&J but sold them at below the controlled prices so C&J got pissed at them and have refused to sell new shoes to them ever since.

C&J shoes are nice and were under the radar but became popular because Daniel Craig wore them for a certain movie.  

Full disclosure:  

I have no financial interest in the shops listed.  

I have bought from Tassels and it wasn't a C&J.    I still wear that shoe to this day i.e. 5 years old now.

Plal didn't have the C&J size I wanted so I didn't get any shoes from them. I wear a 10UK and they only had a 9.5UK.

I order my shoes direct from the UK since I know my size and design.  

I see. I thought they sell cheong wans and put it in a nice way.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Don't have to splurge so much on shoes. Among all the apparels, they are the most easily worn out and spoiled ones.

Even those good shoes only last 4-5 years that you wear daily.

Shoes can last quite long if you rotate them. I have 3 pairs of shoes from meermin and 1 from Allen edmonds. Rotate among these shoes daily and all of them have been with me for 6-8 years already. Still look new other than the soles.

• Praise 3

Shoes can last quite long if you rotate them. I have 3 pairs of shoes from meermin and 1 from Allen edmonds. Rotate among these shoes daily and all of them have been with me for 6-8 years already. Still look new other than the soles.

Meermins are [thumbsup] good value for money.

Good that all the closet leather shoes people come out of the woodwork. [laugh]

Mcf [thumbsup]

sometimes specks of blood or vomitus gets onto my shoe.

Nah... i'd rather have a shoe i can chuck away any day without a 2nd thought haha  [laugh] 

• Praise 1

sometimes specks of blood or vomitus gets onto my shoe.

Nah... i'd rather have a shoe i can chuck away any day without a 2nd thought haha  [laugh] 

You need something like this liao... :XD:

2084968-half_life_gordon_freeman.gif

• Praise 2