Leather shoes: Any recommendation?

Thermodynamics

Twincharged

i only care about comfort so the latter.

that's why although now they enforce safety boots in my workplace, I still wear my skechers walking shoes.

but I will change into my safety boots when there is audit or visit.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

that's why although now they enforce safety boots in my workplace, I still wear my skechers walking shoes.

but I will change into my safety boots when there is audit or visit.

your workplace can be dangerous leh. If working around in office then ok lah.

Better don't play with safety.

They are quite good quality leather.

IMHO, if you want the shoe to hold up the structure well overtime, the leather cannot be too soft or it will loss it's shape. On the other hand, cannot be to hard that it 'beats' your feet. I will say their leather is a good compromise.

I used to wear a pair of leather shoes day in day out till they are worn out before changing. And they wears and looks scruffy pretty fast.

Now I have 3 pairs to rotate on 1-2 days basis to allow the leather to 'rest' and breath to keep them lasting longer. So far it's been 6 months using this method and all 3 pairs are holding up well. Just need to polish and nourish the leather every month or so.

I'm the beat the shoe up person  [laugh] yeah the shoes get destroyed. usually within 1.5 years and looks like been chewed on by a dog  [:p]

I just saw your size....US 48?!!  I guess you can try Amazon.com for the caucasian sized shoes.

No size for me at all.

LOL, that was also my initial hesitation...but I read the reviews of the customers, and decided to order one to try when there is an offer. No regrets. :D

Buy shoes online? Cannot try how you know if you like the shoe material or not?

Twincharged

your workplace can be dangerous leh. If working around in office then ok lah.

Better don't play with safety.

I'm the beat the shoe up person  [laugh] yeah the shoes get destroyed. usually within 1.5 years and looks like been chewed on by a dog  [:p]

It can be quite dangerous ... but I hide inside the office most of the time now as weather too hot ... try not to enter the oven of a warehouse ... but will wear my boots when required.

my knees are getting weak so can't wear the boots too long else I will be limping a the end of the day. also I modified my boots abit by removing the insoles of my previous used pair of skechers and placing them inside my safety boots.

my skechers will last me for a year or so ... top is stil ok, but the undersole will be very jialat.

Will recommend getting shoe tree (yes, I only learn the name of this device recently) to maintain their leather shoe's shape when not in use. note: this is not a shoe expander which works to enlarge a slightly smaller sized shoe

cedar_shoe_trees_6.jpg

Nice double monk strap.

But for quite shoe fussy people like me.

Rubber soled business shoes will never do.

Has to be leather soled either Goodyear welted or blake stitched.

Only way to get a nice feel in terms of weight and a solid hold when standing or walking.

And a classic clop sound is a must. Example picture attached.

Otherwise, no matter how good the uppers are, its all a waste unfortunately.

post-29925-0-62132800-1526533321_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

Nice double monk strap.

Only way to get a nice feel in terms of weight and a solid hold when standing or walking.

Looks like a pair of Church's?

Hypersonic

Nice double monk strap.

must have found a towkay job already...

got chauffeur can sit behind cross legs some more

:D

(edited)

Will recommend getting shoe tree (yes, I only learn the name of this device recently) to maintain their leather shoe's shape when not in use. note: this is not a shoe expander which works to enlarge a slightly smaller sized shoe

cedar_shoe_trees_6.jpg

Yes it’s good to use shoe trees to reduce creasing

However the shape of a good business leather shoe is more determined by the stitching.

Which is also why, no matter what you do, rubber soled, glued on type leather business shoes will never give you the joys of a solidly made full leather shoe.

(Except maybe, just maybe for the stark price difference, that is)

On another note:

There are many decently made full leather goodyear welted shoes available in good departmental stores. And contrary to popular belief, they dont need to cost an arm or leg especially when there is a sale. Very often less than $300 would do the trick.

Edited by Throttle2

Will recommend getting shoe tree (yes, I only learn the name of this device recently) to maintain their leather shoe's shape when not in use. note: this is not a shoe expander which works to enlarge a slightly smaller sized shoe

Did you call it a shoe intubator in the past?  [laugh]

• Praise 1

John Lobb. Can wear for years, never goes out of style.

philip2_dark_brown_museum_calf_profile.j

Excellent choice

Sorry for the scruff, will polish this evening.

post-29925-0-22723600-1526534216_thumb.jpg

Hypersonic

cedar_shoe_trees_6.jpg

wah....i peasant cannot afford these trees

i stuff newspapers inside the shoes to maintain the shape

They are quite good quality leather.

IMHO, if you want the shoe to hold up the structure well overtime, the leather cannot be too soft or it will loss it's shape. On the other hand, cannot be to hard that it 'beats' your feet. I will say their leather is a good compromise.

I used to wear a pair of leather shoes day in day out till they are worn out before changing. And they wears and looks scruffy pretty fast.

Now I have 3 pairs to rotate on 1-2 days basis to allow the leather to 'rest' and breath to keep them lasting longer. So far it's been 6 months using this method and all 3 pairs are holding up well. Just need to polish and nourish the leather every month or so.

How are they, sizing wise? I have tried many shoes, some 42 fit me better, some 43. I suppose they should be somewhat standard sized, but the interpretation of size standards might differ from company to company.

Also, i wear both thin and thick socks, so it also hopefully doesnt slip out when i wear thin socks (sorry for yim zim-ness)

Thanks!

Never owned a pair of leather soled shoes so I guess I cannot comment on them.

Read about issues with wet weather and slippery on gloss surface etc. Do you have issue with those?

But seem like it is a kind of shoe that must experience then will convert kind.

Ok..... wait for my toto to strike tonight.... :D

Nice double monk strap.

(edited)

Sorry hor... I see the price on the Earnest website, I go taobao buy 3 for price of 1.... :D

Cedar wood with the distinct smell as also... :D

wah....i peasant cannot afford these trees

i stuff newspapers inside the shoes to maintain the shape

hmm... all I can say is if you use their shoe size reference chart by measuring your feet,

if your feet length is towards the top range of the size category, go one size up.

especially so if you have broader feet like mine.

How are they, sizing wise? I have tried many shoes, some 42 fit me better, some 43. I suppose they should be somewhat standard sized, but the interpretation of size standards might differ from company to company.

Also, i wear both thin and thick socks, so it also hopefully doesnt slip out when i wear thin socks (sorry for yim zim-ness)

Thanks!

Edited by Vratenza
↡ Advertisement