Leather shoes: Any recommendation?

Thermodynamics

I dont know timberland makes shoes in Singapore, but there are 3 shoe makers in Singapore. You can make all types of shoes, sandals included.

a) Lee Hoi Wah (made shoes for LKY)

Blk 9 Jln Kukoh #03-73

tel : 63452487

b)Tat Lee Shoemaker (very cheap and good, prices used to be from $65 to $125)

Whampoa Market Blk 90, #01-719

tel 93211072

c)Kwek Choong Shoemaker

9 Lor 15, Geylang

tel: 67445353

i thought rubber wont give you any sound coz it is too soft. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

i agree some wood sounds hallow, depends on the type of wood used. [;)]

ya lor I totally agree with you. But the problem is when I find a shoe super nice, I wear it until the rubber sole is gone. But everytime when I replace the rubber sole (using stitching) the good feeling is totally gone. The whole shoe becomes crooked or something.

I tried a few times by different cobbler. Always same. Now I learnt a lesson. Shoes cannot be renewed.

Thats why the cantonese got a famous saying: Throw your mother's old shoes.

The meaning is: Once the shoe is old, don't use it. just throw.

[lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

bro, you canto huh ? [laugh][laugh] but sometimes its ironic lah. coz old shoes are more comfy. new shoes need run-in period. takes time for it to be as comfy like the old ones. [dizzy]

(edited)

my dad's bally lasted 10yrs+++ liao... now still in nice condition. just gotta kiwi once in awhile.

got a pedro myself... very comfortable.. long lasting anot i not sure yet. got it in feb

Edited by Robo

yeah, exactly. like those chipboard material. kena water only like damn sh1tty. [shakehead][shakehead]

i think they like to use those for ladies shoes. no wonder they are more cheaper compare to men's shoes.

every cent counts. [;)]

I always try to find solid rubber but still lighter than solid wood. Solid rubber sounds like got subwoofer one leh when walking. bomp bomp bomp. [:)]

Hehee. Me by right is hokkien but a useless one. Ppl say me hokkien lang don't know how to speak hokkien.

Last time I like Cantopop at marina south leh. After closure...no more kangtao. I only know if I want cantopop, have to go to the dutyfree hotel (forgot name) at JB. After KuanRou secondary school.....

You cantonese?

I recently bought a pair of Hush Puppies black leather shoes and realized that it is not really good. Regretted the purchase.

Any bro here can recommend a good pair of leather shoes? smile.gif

I bought Hush Puppies 1 year + ago and now still wearing it. Comfortable. I bought the one with the air pocket at the inner sole. Beside the wear and tear at the heel, all is fine. I love it man. smile.gif

Due to the nature of my work, I walk abt a LOT and the right pair of shoes is veri impt.

I got 2 pairs of Hush Puppies, one is super comfy, the other one i dun even wanna touch (I wore it like 3 times? After I wear it, at night my feet would be veri sore, need foot reflexo to reverse the effect...)

Depends on wad range u buy, the air suspension one is [thumbsup]

my dad's bally lasted 10yrs+++ liao... now still in nice condition. just gotta kiwi once in awhile.

got a pedro myself... very comfortable.. long lasting anot i not sure yet. got it in feb

Any idea wad range for the Bally? E prices I saw at the boutique r [knife]

not too sure about the current price but i know its gonna make one [dizzy]

if i didnt remembered wrongly my dad got his pair for over $600bucks plus. that was den...

I always try to find solid rubber but still lighter than solid wood. Solid rubber sounds like got subwoofer one leh when walking. bomp bomp bomp. [:)]
yeah lor, seems like most leather shoes with rubber soles. hush puppies, bata... use wood ones mostly in those upclass shops.

I was told Bally makes good shoes but donno whether it applies to all or the Scribe range.

The Scribe range is 1,xxx lor, how many cars i gotta sell to earn a pair of shoes siah [sweatdrop]

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

i'll settle for hush puppies or pedro... its probably at most 25% the price of a bally...

more cost effective.. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement