Leather shoes: Any recommendation?

Thermodynamics

Supercharged

sorry early morning eyes still not fully awake omitted that portion, plse forgive me.

but to be fair, i don't pay ikan billis n expect mackerel. unfortunately nowdays i pay mackerel but ended up with ikan billis.

to brand is not important. comfort n value for money is more critical. last time i can pay $200 for a pair of clark springer for casual sandal as it can last but now, seeing how their manufacturing line has moved to PRC, n the workmanship n quality of my 2nd pair doesn't justify me acquire a 3rd pair at that price.

since we are on our feet most of the time, we hv to ensure we are properly fitted. our hands n feet are the most abused.

↡ Advertisement

clark abit like wienbrenner, stiff. too stiff and heavy for my liking.

Not true. I bot 2 pairs from UK. They are comfortable and lasting and best of all 2 pairs for S$90+.

I was told Bally makes good shoes but donno whether it applies to all or the Scribe range.

The Scribe range is 1,xxx lor, how many cars i gotta sell to earn a pair of shoes siah [sweatdrop]

Bally scribe is the Handmade range, Handstitched, cost about $1300 before discount, can get at 600+ during special offers. Top range of Bally.

All the HANDMADE full leather shoes from Western Europe are about the same price, whether you buy them from Bally, Dunlop (Paragon), Aigner or salvatore feragamo.

Hence I go for Handmade shoes by Singaporean shoemakers. I support made in Singapore products. [:)]

it got ripped off at the front after less than a month of continuous wearing. Maybe it's a lemon

Where did you buy that from?

My last 2 pair of Dr Marten is still ok ... now wearing another new pair.

So far ok but must wait till 1yr later to see.

no wonder you can get my joke lah....

ya ya ya eden hotel. Still got cantopop or not? Or you got other kangtao? Next time you lead the way liao lah.

Only kings safety boots got my size. sigh. too small. recently want to buy another safety shoe. Check out all the nice ones like CAT. But smallest size the cutting is too big for me [:/]

Checked out this Worx brand ...seems quite fitting but ugly. Sigh.

Do you know where to find King's new range of comfort safety shoes? Not sure if Homely got it. Last time I used to go Homely to buy King's safety shoes.

King's safety boots are the best of the best.... [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] ,

Whether in crowded MRT, buses, wet surface, oily surface, 18 inches deep of water, able to crack doors with some kicks, protect your toes and can use it as a weapon.... [sly][sly][sly]

100 times better the PCK yellow boots......... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

[smash][smash][smash] -- [laugh][laugh][laugh]

kings wear 3 year plus...not even a slight tear etc...executive type one not bad looking also..best is 20kg plus thing hit on my shoe,bo taiji nvm..the leather is super durable..somemore m job is those require walk alot kind..still working good..sometimes bo liao..use and keep the rackings... [laugh]

yeah rubber heels/soles are more comfortable and absorb better shocks. but the heels/soles are not changeable unless you talk about removing the stitches and re-stitch with new rubber heels/soles. most will just throw the shoes away once the heels wear off.

some may prefer those with wooden heels as the leather soles are changeable and the shoes can last a long time with such timely changes.

I prefer LEATHER heels, Heels made by pieces of leather joined together. They absorb shock better then wooden heels. Some shoe manufacturer cheat by using wooden heels and lined it with thin strips of leather to make it looks like leather heels.care to share what are the brands with leather heels or where to get such shoes ? and price range too. [:)] which are the local made shoes ? this is pretty interesting.

hahahahaha. this shoe joke very common among canto-engrish speakers. [:p]

i got one ex-colleague (non canto) keep asking us why must be mother's old shoes. cant be father's old shoes meh ? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

me long time no go eden liao. [rolleyes][rolleyes] you like cantopop huh, should go KL lah. [sly]

Go for Geox. very breathable....socks can wear for 1 week [laugh]

will water slip in from the bottom when u step on a paddle? i think i saw a pair with breathing holes at the bottom.

the material is gore-tex.. so it's breathable yet waterproof [nod]

Full leather soles and heels can be found in high end European Shoes. In Singapore, italian shoes are easily available, Moreschi (at Hilton shopping Centre), Salvatore Feragamo, Bruno Magli (Takashimaya), Prada, Gucci etc. British shoes are much harder to find, only Loake (Robinsons), Jeffrey West (Tangs), Poulsen Skone (Dunhill Paragon). Others Aigner (U.S brand but shoe can be made in Italy), Bally, Johnston & Murphy (U.S made in Mexico).

The very expensive ones are handmade cost $1300 approx (e.g. Bally Scribe, Poulsen Skone(New & Lingwood). (before discount)

The non-handmade ones are more reasonable they cost from $300 onwards with most at about $600 (before discounts)

Custom made shoes in Singapore

Some years back I asked Lee Hoi Wah, shoemaker for LKY for a full brogue leather shoe, sole and heel also leather, he quoted me $300+. using top quality leather.

I asked another Tat Lee shoemaker at Whampoa, he quoted me $125 for a full leather shoe but he says that unlike those used in Bally, his leather sole is not the top quality type and will not last very long unless a sole protector is used, which is actually fine with me since I normally used sole protectors. However in the end, he persuaded me to get a rubber sole shoe for $65.

I have not talk to the Geylang shoemaker before, and I have no idea of their prices.

The above prices may have risen due to inflation.

However it is very interesting to talk to shoemakers, instead of welcoming customers, they will try to get rid of you or discourage you from making shoes, citing long lead times, too much work etc. Their business is very good despite zero adverts.

I wear a shoe for > 10 hours a day but drive in a car for 2 hours a day. It is good to wear a better shoe. If you depreciate the shoe over 30 years, it doesnt cost much.

Only kings safety boots got my size. sigh. too small. recently want to buy another safety shoe. Check out all the nice ones like CAT. But smallest size the cutting is too big for me [:/]

Checked out this Worx brand ...seems quite fitting but ugly. Sigh.

Do you know where to find King's new range of comfort safety shoes? Not sure if Homely got it. Last time I used to go Homely to buy King's safety shoes.

Go to any Industrial parks hardware shop, they sell all sizes......

for me, I got from Kranji Ind park (near to Kranji Reservoir dam) hardware shop.... [sly][sly]

haha.. local also got cantopop. must search for it tho.

back to topic : shoes.

this week is last week of GSS. see can sapu any good deals or not. [:p]

Bought from OG. Lasted less than 1 month

Bought from OG also so bad ah ..... [sweatdrop]

I guess it is that particular batches ....

↡ Advertisement