Search
convert driving license into International License

• Search this thread
15 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Tigershark1976
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I went to Mal very often and wish to get an international license as i need to drive Mal Vehicle there. was told by their LTA (JPJ) that Singaporean license can only use on Singaporean registered plate in malaysia....

Can anyone pls advise?

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:15 PM

Albeniz
  • Albeniz
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Not too sure if it applies to Malaysia.

But when I need to drive in New Zealand or States, I will get an international driving permit at AA (River Valley Road) before flying off.

That international permit lasts for 1 year and costs ~20+.

Edited by Albeniz, 24 July 2008 - 08:16 PM.

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

Gh05tss
  • Gh05tss
    5th Gear

Apply at AA, bring along when you in Malaysia driving a Malaysia car.

Some of their TP don't even know what that is... shakehead.gif

---By Vooth---
Vit4wd ah vit4wd, let me share with you my favourite phrase...'人聪明就好,不要太聪明'

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:25 PM

Hammerhammer
  • Premium member
    Hammerhammer
    4th Gear

Ya go AA apply for a International Driving Permit can liao. Last time I go to Taiwan bcos of left hand drive so the car rental says I need to apply for one before flying over. But in mudland think no need bah. Cos every time I drive there my friend's car they never says anything

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:03 PM

Beavc
  • Beavc
    4th Gear

can do by mail...just fill in the form and fax back...

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:03 PM

Redstorm
  • Premium member
    Redstorm
    4th Gear

You cannot convert your Sg driving licence to an international one but you can apply for an international driving permit when u want to drive overseas. with a Sg driving licence, you can drive in My without the need for an international driving permit. I asked AA Singapore this question and here is what they told me.

1. A Singaporean / PR with a Singapore driving license may drive a
Singapore registered car in Singapore and Malaysia
2. He can also drive a Malaysian registered car in Malaysia as a tourist
3. He however cannot drive a Malaysian registered car in Singapore at
any time.

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:12 PM

Super4
  • Super4
    5th Gear

I went to Mal very often and wish to get an international license as i need to drive Mal Vehicle there. was told by their LTA (JPJ) that Singaporean license can only use on Singaporean registered plate in malaysia....

Can anyone pls advise?

Thought u're already a Malaysian? PR?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FCUK OFF to RACISM in SG!
MCF member since 2002.
Cars are DAMN expensive in S'pore, so live within your means and be contented with what car u're driving now, Cash is still KING! :-)

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:32 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    NOS-ed

I think it is best that we have an official answer from the Malaysian authorities.. since their policies can change anytime..

But nevertheless, good piece of information..
Cheers
Ben

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:32 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Tigershark1976
    Supercharged

yap. actually asking on behalf on my boss. I still owned Malaysian Driving License.

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Tigershark1976
    Supercharged

but last time (10 over yrs ago), i had an accident with a singaporean. I was in the wrong and i admit it in the court. however, my insurance doesnt pay to the other party cos he is holding a singaporean license, driving Malaysian car. The lawyer said he is consider driving without a license cos he can only drive Singaporean car in Malaysia hur.gif hur.gif hur.gif hur.gif ... the bloody case drag for 7 to 8 yrs....

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

Safetyleo
  • Safetyleo
    2nd Gear

I have an email from JPJ and AA Malaysia, saying Singaporean holding SG licence is allowed to drive Malaysia registered car in malaysia with the same class of vehicle, provided there is insurance coverage. I got it about 6 months ago...so it should be correct.

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Tigershark1976
    Supercharged

bro, can fwd the email to me at tigershark1976Hotmail.com?

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:40 PM

Altivo
  • Premium member
    Altivo
    NOS-ed

agreed. If not, how to rent cars over at m'sia. Most imptly, rent from proper rental firms where there is insurance.
Be responsible, practice safe driving, practice safe sex

Getz: May'04-Feb'08, Avante: Feb'08

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:35 AM

Safetyleo
  • Safetyleo
    2nd Gear

have sent both email from AA and JPJ Malaysia....

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

Pinkkitty
  • Pinkkitty
    Neutral Newbie

Anybody encounter like my case ? I have my own town(Myanmar) driving license but I have converted to singaporean recently and i have singapore passport, copy of myanmar passport . however, i have passed the basic theory exam last month in singapore.You guys think that can i still convert my myanmar driving license to singapore license ?

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:56 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed

I have an email from JPJ and AA Malaysia, saying Singaporean holding SG licence is allowed to drive Malaysia registered car in malaysia with the same class of vehicle, provided there is insurance coverage. I got it about 6 months ago...so it should be correct.

I've been driving Malaysia registered vehicle in MY on and off. Kena road block also no problem with the TP. I did ask my Malaysian counterpart before, they told me SG driving license is being seen as an International license there, so there is no need to do any conversion.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top
SgCarMart Quotz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users