How to convert the SG driving license into International License.

I went to Mal very often and wish to get an international license as i need to drive Mal Vehicle there. was told by their LTA (JPJ) that Singaporean license can only use on Singaporean registered plate in malaysia....

Can anyone pls advise?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

Not too sure if it applies to Malaysia.

But when I need to drive in New Zealand or States, I will get an international driving permit at AA (River Valley Road) before flying off.

That international permit lasts for 1 year and costs ~20+.

Edited by Albeniz

Neutral Newbie

Apply at AA, bring along when you in Malaysia driving a Malaysia car.

Some of their TP don't even know what that is... [shakehead]

Ya go AA apply for a International Driving Permit can liao. Last time I go to Taiwan bcos of left hand drive so the car rental says I need to apply for one before flying over. But in mudland think no need bah. Cos every time I drive there my friend's car they never says anything

You cannot convert your Sg driving licence to an international one but you can apply for an international driving permit when u want to drive overseas. with a Sg driving licence, you can drive in My without the need for an international driving permit. I asked AA Singapore this question and here is what they told me.

1. A Singaporean / PR with a Singapore driving license may drive a

Singapore registered car in Singapore and Malaysia

2. He can also drive a Malaysian registered car in Malaysia as a tourist

3. He however cannot drive a Malaysian registered car in Singapore at

any time.

I went to Mal very often and wish to get an international license as i need to drive Mal Vehicle there. was told by their LTA (JPJ) that Singaporean license can only use on Singaporean registered plate in malaysia....

Can anyone pls advise?

Thought u're already a Malaysian? PR?

I think it is best that we have an official answer from the Malaysian authorities.. since their policies can change anytime..

But nevertheless, good piece of information..

but last time (10 over yrs ago), i had an accident with a singaporean. I was in the wrong and i admit it in the court. however, my insurance doesnt pay to the other party cos he is holding a singaporean license, driving Malaysian car. The lawyer said he is consider driving without a license cos he can only drive Singaporean car in Malaysia [hur][hur][hur][hur] ... the bloody case drag for 7 to 8 yrs....

Neutral Newbie

I have an email from JPJ and AA Malaysia, saying Singaporean holding SG licence is allowed to drive Malaysia registered car in malaysia with the same class of vehicle, provided there is insurance coverage. I got it about 6 months ago...so it should be correct.

agreed. If not, how to rent cars over at m'sia. Most imptly, rent from proper rental firms where there is insurance.

Anybody encounter like my case ? I have my own town(Myanmar) driving license but I have converted to singaporean recently and i have singapore passport, copy of myanmar passport . however, i have passed the basic theory exam last month in singapore.You guys think that can i still convert my myanmar driving license to singapore license ?

I have an email from JPJ and AA Malaysia, saying Singaporean holding SG licence is allowed to drive Malaysia registered car in malaysia with the same class of vehicle, provided there is insurance coverage. I got it about 6 months ago...so it should be correct.

I've been driving Malaysia registered vehicle in MY on and off. Kena road block also no problem with the TP. I did ask my Malaysian counterpart before, they told me SG driving license is being seen as an International license there, so there is no need to do any conversion.

Regards,

You cannot convert your Sg driving licence to an international one but you can apply for an international driving permit when u want to drive overseas. with a Sg driving licence, you can drive in My without the need for an international driving permit. I asked AA Singapore this question and here is what they told me.

1. A Singaporean / PR with a Singapore driving license may drive a

Singapore registered car in Singapore and Malaysia

2. He can also drive a Malaysian registered car in Malaysia as a tourist

3. He however cannot drive a Malaysian registered car in Singapore at

any time.

101% CORRECT.!!!!!!!!

↡ Advertisement