Mobile Speed Camera on Bridges

The_Bear

Turbocharged

I was travelling down Lentor towards Ang Mo Kio when I noticed a speed camera deployed on the pedestrian overhead bridge just outside bullion park.

The warden was about 2 meters away from the camera, looks like he is stretching himself abit and not physically manning the camera. In the past, I always see the warden physically looking thru the camera when operating it.

I was doing 120km/h about 400 meters away before I spotted the camera and braked to slow down to around 80km/h.

Do I get zapped?

Btw, I'll be checking the TP's website and keep u guys updated on the outcome for information's sake.

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

The speed camera can capture up to 1km in distance, usually by the time you saw them, it is too late.

For your reference :

120km/h on 70km/h.... 50kmh exceed the speedlimit.

12 Demerit Points

1) Exceeding speed limit for vehicle by more than 40km/h up to 50km/h.

2) Exceeding the speed limit of the road by more than 40km/h up to 50km/h.

Above offenders will be prosecuted in court.

Yesterday ECP->KPE towards City

Kanna Speed Camera flash when traveeling at 85km/h

Not Sure How Much is the FINE ? [furious][furious]

the camera is automatic one,

the guy next to the camera is responsible for the camera's "welfare" [laugh][laugh], ie no one steals or damage the camera [rolleyes]

btw, pls don go sa fast on a residential road, there are a lot of old poeple and children

that is a hot fav spot.

I pass by that almost every day.

don know, as stated by u, that the guy needs to manual click to capture or auto wan...

if manual clik, maybe u got some luck....

can update us, if kana or not.Good luck to you...

KPE u dare to go 85 ah... that time when the tunnel opens, over a thousand drivers kena.. i always guai guai keep to 70 everytime i use it no matter how stupid i felt travellig that slowly on that wide and empty stretch..

As for the other brother.. gg at 120 on a 70 road.. if kena sure 'Tua Tiao' one.. my friend kena court and 9 pts for driving 100 on a 50 road before..and tat was many years back already. Now sure stricter.

So far i kena twice by mobile speed cam.. both occasions are sundays, 9am around hougang ave 3 towards ave 2... 77km/h on a 60km/hr road.. warning letters on both offenses. Next time will be a good boy aldy.. [nod]

I was travelling down Lentor towards Ang Mo Kio when I noticed a speed camera deployed on the pedestrian overhead bridge just outside bullion park.

The warden was about 2 meters away from the camera, looks like he is stretching himself abit and not physically manning the camera. In the past, I always see the warden physically looking thru the camera when operating it.

I was doing 120km/h about 400 meters away before I spotted the camera and braked to slow down to around 80km/h.

Do I get zapped?

Btw, I'll be checking the TP's website and keep u guys updated on the outcome for information's sake.

it is automatic

just move on bah

Sorry to hijack the thread.

This morning I noticed something strange along Farrer road.

Along Farrer Road towards Lornie direction, I spotted digital camera(like those use by LTA contractors to catch bus-lane offenders) with tripod stands on the overhead bridge. Didnt see any TP on the bridge.

There are 2 bridges along Farrer road, and both also got this camera right at the centre!

anyone saw that?

I thought the whole sketch going to End already, No more Speed Camera [sweatdrop]

Jus left About 100m to EXIT , Pls Aware that Road [cool]

Neutral Newbie

Do I get zapped?

What time was that? I was travelled nearly 100km/h this morning (around 8:10am) on this road. [sweatdrop]

Finger cross for you.

However i kanna zapped 3wks ago @ Nicoll Highway towards city, there's an overhead bridge. I did 90km/h and kanna $130. 4 demerit points. [smallcry]

Neutral Newbie

those without any TP are not speed camera...

i think those camera are to monitor the ave speed and maybe counting cars...

to put up a erp soon???

Neutral Newbie

Was it this morning? Cos i passby there tis morning and forgot to look out @ tat hotspot bridge..

i kena 3 speeding tickets (each about 80km/hr only) along Upper Thomson rd

(towards Thomson Plaza before Sin Ming). Appeal NOT successful (solid reasons

somemore)... [blush]

Yesterday ECP->KPE towards City

Kanna Speed Camera flash when traveeling at 85km/h

Not Sure How Much is the FINE ? [furious][furious]

For KPE part .... think max max is about 75km/h only .... >80km/h ... confirm kana flash ....

Fine should be about $120 and 6pts ....

As long as the camera is aim at the right spot, it will Automatically capture the car picture, when its lazer indicated a speeding car.

Just like those speed camera in the divider of expressway....its AUTOMATIC!

I have noticed the way they operate the camera.

They only need manual intervention, to change which lanes they want to catch. Sometimes a van can also be speeding on lane3, so if the TP see a on coming speeding vehicle on lane3 or lane1, he will adjust accordingly.

I only hope that the camera was not 'aimed' at your lane when you speed past!

Good luck.