Mobile Speed Camera on Bridges

The_Bear

easier to also put up dummies.  See olen and white, all slow down...hhahhaa

liddis

_84817924_speedcamera.jpg

consperm sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow [laugh]

a-capture17.png

Batteries inside will probably weigh 100kg.

All in maybe 150kg.

probably lead acid battery

camera worth a lot more than battery

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

How did you come to that conclusion?

You go and think about it lah. One is manpower extensive the other only requires manpower to setup and the manpower to setup need not be tp officers to do so. If you are tp which one would you choose to deploy? It's a no-brainer question.

If they make me carry this up the overhead bridge, I will quit my TP job regardless how much they pay me :=B: .

It looks at least 40-50kg

How about tis? Sure quit bor. Tis type of camera, according to TP will be installed at those area where speeding n accidents are more. It can be deployed within a week.

But is those hidden cameras tat motorist shd be more weary. A family of mine kena multiple summons driving along Fernvale St. Tis road is very quiet n motorist is very prone of exceeding d normal speed. I drove this road many time but cannot find d cameras. Think they r installed below d LRT tracks. So be

careful.

post-150906-0-68307500-1455674219_thumb.jpeg

Tohto, on 17 Feb 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

These are the camera.

so I saw this at TPE at jln kayu towards punggol some time back, and now not there anymore

so I saw this at TPE at jln kayu towards punggol some time back, and now not there anymore

shifted to other higher profit sectors :XD:  :XD:  :XD:

• Praise 3

Pinobii, on 17 Feb 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

Traffic Police to deploy new mobile speed cameras

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/traffic-police-to-deploy/2519392.html

Traffic Police to deploy new mobile speed cameras

By Angela Lim, 938LIVE

POSTED: 16 February 2016 at 8:27 PM

UPDATED: 16 February 2016 at 10:40 PM

SINGAPORE: New Mobile Speed Cameras (MSCs) will be deployed in February as part of the Traffic Police's ongoing efforts to step up road safety measures, even as fatal traffic accidents and fatalities continued to fall last year.

Unlike existing Red Light Cameras and Fixed Speed Cameras, the MSC has its own power source and can be deployed swiftly to new locations within a week. With a 1.5-metre square footprint, it is compact and can be deployed at most locations.

As road safety improved over the last year, the fatality rate continued to fall. The fatality rate in 2015 dropped to 2.75 per 100,000 persons from 2.83 the previous year. The number of drink driving accidents also fell by 26.5 per cent last year, while the number of drink driving offenders caught fell by 23 per cent.

However, the number of accidents involving elderly pedestrians increased from 194 in 2014 to 211 last year.

To prevent this, Traffic Police also aim to educate motorists about safe driving techniques and how to avoid dangerous behaviour on the roads. Under the Safe Driving Course launched in November last year, motorists can get three demerit points deducted from their driving records upon completing the course.

Road Safety Billboards will also be put up at the land checkpoints to serve as visual reminders to motorcyclists coming in to Singapore.

- CNA/hs

AA

Mediacorp News Group

©2015 Mediacorp Pte Ltd

seriously, I've seen several elderly pedestrians got walkway pavement don't walk, and walk on the road side   [hur]   hazards to car drivers waiting for accidents to happen

So mobile speed camera on the bridge will be a thing of the past soon.

Must look out for oleng & white pole from now onwards.

I think this is more of an additional option on top of existing speed cam options rather than replacement.

This mobile orange-white speed cam can be deployed for longer duration and unmanned scenarios to optimize manpower. The manned tripod type speed cam is still needed for spatially constrained areas like overhead bridges.

There's also another deployment model of one TP bike with handheld speed cam plus another standby bike to chase down offenders - the mobile orange-white speed cam can potentially be deployed for this scenario along any stretch of expressway or speeding hotspots and redeploy these two TPs for other duties.

Edited by Jellandross

One very important question - does this new camera capture image at night?

It should able to capture like any others speed camera.
  • Praise 1

Weez911, on 17 Feb 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

One very important question - does this new camera capture image at night?

heard radio this morning, these digital cameras can take pic 24/7 and even during raining conditions

so confirm+chop at night too

[sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

this morning saw a mobile speed camera along the LCK long stretch towards (neo Tiew)

drive with care

no more flexing your car engine on that road anymore...

• Praise 3