Share Share! Jus curious would u guys ever consider a high mileage car?

Shox87

hello fellow bros.

im jus wondering. as above, would u guys ever consider a high mileage car? im referring to approximately 50K-60K per year type of mileage.

say for example, the car is around 3 years old, coming to almost 180K km. but condition is very good, regularly polished.

would u consider it?

it'll be good if u can share ur car's age and ur mileage. [:)]

thank you for sharing [thumbsup][sunny]

↡ Advertisement

i wont lah... 180k for 3 years is crazy leh..

And so what if polished regularly.. if break down is engine leh.. unless its a flintstone car lah..

I will if I know him personally and what he has done to achieve that..if everyday changi to tuas by highway, still not that bad

Turbocharged

yes..need to know how the mileage is clocked.. if highway all the way, it is possible.

but if jam type of city or lousy roads like kampong roads, better avoid

nope

dont think will consider

my car...coming to 2 years in 3 weeks time

mileage...is 86k km

would you consider it?

I took good care of interior and exterior...

always stick to maintenance schedule in servicing..

once a month pump V power...

once every two months clear carbon in msia...

hahaa

hello fellow bros.

im jus wondering. as above, would u guys ever consider a high mileage car? im referring to approximately 50K-60K per year type of mileage.

say for example, the car is around 3 years old, coming to almost 180K km. but condition is very good, regularly polished.

would u consider it?

1. 180K for Singapore context is very high! What car is that in the 1st place? If it is a humble car then you may want to avoid it. Most ADs give 60K or 3 years warranty which ever come 1st. So we can safely say, normal mileage in SG context is 20K each year.

2. I've a friend that clocked 140K in 3 years, reason being he has to drive KL/SG quite frequently and its a Mazda 6. Another one clocked around 120K in 3 years and he did track in JB. Having said that, 180K could be really nothing in big countries, anyway, I will not take it.

Regards,

hello fellow bros.

would u consider it?

no matter what make and model... how u take care of the care, wear n tear problem will starts to surface when ur millage is beyond 150k... especially those rubber/ plastic parts... no way to avoid that...

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro, just my 2 cents worth. i bought my 200e '92 benz abt a year ago. Mileage was abt 324k. Now its abt 354k. No major probs n can still go down NSH at abt 190kph. So dont be afraid of high mileage (Not bad for a $15,000 car with 4 yrs COE left). Your best bet would be to look for some detailed service history. Like other bros here have mentioned, high mileage on expressway n high mileage in start stop traffic is quite different. Friend's dad is a driving instructor and his 4 year old corolla was abt 300+k when he scrapped so u might want to check why the mileage was high.

If it were me, i would buy it if it is from a pte owner n not a dealer cos many dealers tend to fabricate certain facts abt the car.By the way, what male n model is the car you are talking abt?

when you mention condition, which aspect are you referring to?

type of car and how such mileage was clocked..

its quite true considering the high mileage, wear and tear muz be quite high as well.

also the car would reach 100k b4 the warranty time period of 3 years kick in. [lipsrsealed]

hmm high mileage car tends to command a lower resale walue as well.

thats the bad thing. [:(]

Low milage car may not be that good as well. My colleague bought a vitz about 2 yrs ago... mileage 18k, but she has never changed engine oil before. [jawdrop] I had to really encourage her to go to a workshop a few weeks ago before her car has a complete breakdown. Had to pour in an entire bottle of distilled water into her battery as well. Tyres also never rotate before.

I would never want to buy her car if I know she's the driver... although it's low mileage.

OMG. u mean she nv sent her car for routine servicing? [:p]

her car is under-utilised and well under-serviced. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement