• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
396 replies to this topic | 490 praises

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:45 PM

Alfpoon
  • Premium member
    Alfpoon
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Nowadays, it's hard to find shopping and eating places where parking is free...

So I thought it might be a good resource to compile a list...

Do add to the list:

1. Ikea Tampines/Giant Tampines/Court tampines-(same area)
2. Old Turf City Bukit Timah
3. IMM (1st 3 hours free)
4. East coast park(some of the carparks only. read the signs)
dcb and 3 Anonymous members praised this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enzo Ferrari wrote of his first victory over an Alfa Romeo car: "I wept with joy and there were tears of grief mingled with the tears of joy because what I felt that day was: I have killed my mother".

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:47 PM

Holyavartar
  • Premium member
    Holyavartar
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I thought IMM has already changed their parking rate charges and timing recently?
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:52 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

changed from free to 1st 3 hours free.

very reasonable imho wink.gif . effectively still free parking. think i rarely park there for more than 2 hours.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:54 PM

Alfpoon
  • Premium member
    Alfpoon
    5th Gear
    Author Image

yup...but 1st 3 hrs free...so ok la...unless we take 3 hrs to have lunch. tongue.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enzo Ferrari wrote of his first victory over an Alfa Romeo car: "I wept with joy and there were tears of grief mingled with the tears of joy because what I felt that day was: I have killed my mother".

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:22 PM

Blackhouse
  • Blackhouse
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Nowadays, it's hard to find shopping and eating places where parking is free...

So I thought it might be a good resource to compile a list...

Do add to the list:

5. West Coast Park
6. Pasir Ris Park ( C and D only. read the signs)
7. Singapore Science Center (closed to Jurong East Central)

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:41 PM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Do add to the list:

5. West Coast Park
6. Pasir Ris Park ( C and D only. read the signs)
7. Singapore Science Center (closed to Jurong East Central)
8. Jalan Besar Area (Free after 5pm and whole sunday)
9. Geylang Area (Free after 5pm and whole sunday)
10. Farmart Sungei Tengah
11. Discovery Centre
12. KFC/Mac near National Stadium
13. I-Hub (Near International Business Park)
14. IMH (Hougang)
15. Bright Vision Hospital (Hougang)
16. Ren Ci Hospital (Hougang)
17. Adam Road Hospital
18. Bukit Timah Nature Reserve
19. Japanese Garden
20. Jurong Bird Park (Free after 6pm)
21. Ngee Ann Poly
22. Snow City
22. St Luke Hospital (Bukit Batok)
23. The Singapore Mint (Teban Gardens)
24. West Point Hospital (Corporation Drive)

Edited by Nutty, 16 November 2007 - 12:02 AM.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:29 AM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear
    Author Image

for food:
industrial parks mostly free parking. even if not free fatimah seldom go also, especially those with many car workshops. i always go coffee shops inside industrial parks for lunch and park for free.

for shopping:
Mustafa Centre

Edited by Ultramega, 16 November 2007 - 12:37 AM.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:14 AM

Jl1500k
  • Premium member
    Jl1500k
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sentosa (some of the carparks only. read the signs)

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:39 AM

Robin
  • Premium member
    Robin
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i think in future they might take away the 1st 3 hours free and charge accordingly

i think they just testing the mkt tongue.gif

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:08 AM

Nismobabe
  • Nismobabe
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi Nutty

where is I-hub in IBP? any free/cheapest parking in IBP near Nordic European ctr?Thanks

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:11 AM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

thats on the hilltop where jtc used to be

free but u better enjoy hiking tongue.gif

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:15 AM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

At many of these free places, OPC owners park there to save on season parking at their home carparks.

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:26 AM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Nismobabe, you working at Nordic eh? I used to park there. Super empty. haha.

I-hub is the small hilltop just opp Creative. You will see a lot of greens around.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:27 AM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Karoon, I-Hub is ok la.

Free parking + morning/evening hiking = good for health.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:43 AM

Nismobabe
  • Nismobabe
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

be working there soon..but only in office for 2-3 hours in morning so looking around if any cheaper parking nearby..i-hub seems quite far from nordic was told the foodcourt bldg opp is cheaper...

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:51 AM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

hmm pretty far. its the old jtc building there.
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:56 AM

Nismobabe
  • Nismobabe
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

ya..pretty far

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:14 PM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Nordic hourly parking is crazy. $2/hr. That's why the carpark so empty.

Since you are only parking 2-3 hrs per day, then try The Synergy. $1/hr.

But warning: If you intend to enter the carpark after lunch at 1pm, the security guard will turn you away.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:11 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i think in future they might take away the 1st 3 hours free and charge accordingly

i think they just testing the mkt tongue.gif

then they lose biz lor. not my loss laugh.gif

i live near IMM, but i go there once a week or less often. even then i don't NEED that place.

sometimes i use the free parking to go jurong library lipsrsealed.gif
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:28 PM

Nismobabe
  • Nismobabe
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi Nutty

Thanks for the into.Do you the parking charges for The Atrium? I will only park in morning 8+ till 10+

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users