Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
83 replies to this topic | 202 praises

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi there, not going to put potted plants along corridor. Are there any hardy and leafty plants that I can plant indoo? Probably those that can survive without much sunlight. By the way no soil also, just brick balls as potting media.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:03 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

orchid..
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sure? Most Orchids can't survive or flower without good sunlight.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

nope.. orchid cannot tahan too high sunlight also

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

Driven
  • Premium member
    Driven
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Go thomson rd far east florist and the stretch . Should have indoor plants . Actually, look around shopping area, aircon places especially airport, it gives you clues on the type of plants.

Orchid has many types, mostly need full sunlight.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:29 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

orchid cannot hv direct sunlight one...

sure mati.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:29 PM

Qpik
  • Premium member
    Qpik
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

http://www.nyeephoe.com/aboutus.htm

got time go n check them out. rather reasonable pricing compared to the rest. apollo is right, indoor nice flowering plant would be orchids especially you do not want soil.
It is difficult to make a Man understand anything especially when his salary expect him not to understand anything.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:39 PM

Driven
  • Premium member
    Driven
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

dendrobium can. Not phalaenopsis , they are delicate and indoor.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:17 PM

Wreckwrx
  • Wreckwrx
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Money plant.... super hardy....

I use to travel a lot for my work and each trip is about 2-3 weeks and I do it monthly.

I just leave my money plants in the balcony near the window area and water them once a month only.....

I did this for close to 1.5 years and till now my money plants are still alive. thumbsup.gif

Of course they don't look so healthy but at least they survive. Now that I don't have to travel so much, I water them once a week...
Scion praised this
PSN ID: wreckwrx
They call me "Rex"....
Well, it's better than being called a "wreck".

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

dendrobium can. Not phalaenopsis , they are delicate and indoor.

1. I've various kinds of Vanda and they thrive under bright sunlight. Those purple blue one are my favourite. I've given them away to relatives as I'll be moving to HDB. I used to keep Phalaenopsis but they are prone to red mites. I guess, I may just go for 1 or 2 Phalaenopis. I kinda like those with sweet scene one (smelly to some laugh.gif), such as Bellina.

2. For Den, I like the hardy Thai's fuerstenbergianum. Again sweet scene inlove.gif.
http://upload.wikime...ianu.jpg/120px-

3. Anyway, I'm not talking specifically about Orchids, probably those leafty non-flowering plant. Did consider air-plant but I don't quite like them.

Regards,
Disclaimer:

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:26 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Money plant.... super hardy....

till now, still don't understand why it is called the Money plant?

Regards,
Disclaimer:

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:28 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Go thomson rd far east florist and the stretch . Should have indoor plants . Actually, look around shopping area, aircon places especially airport, it gives you clues on the type of plants.

Orchid has many types, mostly need full sunlight.

Yap, Vanda need plenty of light to flower. Shoe sole Orchids don't like sunlight but they need cool weather to flower. Singapore weather is not suitable for them.

Regards,
Disclaimer:

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:11 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

u can try those 盆栽 aka bonzai plants

plenty of water and no dirct sunlight

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:13 PM

Garlic
  • Garlic
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Try this site, http://www.greenculturesg.com/forum/

smile.gif

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

u can try those 盆栽 aka bonzai plants

plenty of water and no dirct sunlight

Some Fengshui masters will advise you against keeping bonzai. Simply because, it symoblies restraint and restiction in one's health, career and wealth based on where it was located with the house. So no Bonzai for me laugh.gif. Thanks.

Regards,
Disclaimer:

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi, Thanks for the introduction thumbsup.gif, will find out more.

Regards,
Disclaimer:

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

Ncp91
  • Ncp91
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Look out for small pots of Fittonia sp.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

Garlic
  • Garlic
    6th Gear
    Author Image

WorldFarm is a great place for plants, compound is huge and there are a large variety of plants at very reasonable prices.

They supply them to landscapers and smaller nurseries.

http://www.worldfarm.com.sg/

nod.gif nod.gif nod.gif

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:42 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I like rosemary too... which pub u met her?

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:53 PM

Garlic
  • Garlic
    6th Gear
    Author Image

What conditions do they grow in?

This orchid has been with me for a few years and its been blooming regularly, mist roots twice a day and fertilize monthly with manure pellets, they get about 3hrs of morning sun daily.

I love herbs too. nod.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0030.JPG

Edited by Garlic, 01 August 2008 - 04:54 PM.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users