Indoor plants for HDB, any recommendation?

Kelpie

Hi there, not going to put potted plants along corridor. Are there any hardy and leafty plants that I can plant indoo? Probably those that can survive without much sunlight. By the way no soil also, just brick balls as potting media.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Go thomson rd far east florist and the stretch . Should have indoor plants . Actually, look around shopping area, aircon places especially airport, it gives you clues on the type of plants.

Orchid has many types, mostly need full sunlight.

Money plant.... super hardy....

I use to travel a lot for my work and each trip is about 2-3 weeks and I do it monthly.

I just leave my money plants in the balcony near the window area and water them once a month only.....

I did this for close to 1.5 years and till now my money plants are still alive. [thumbsup]

Of course they don't look so healthy but at least they survive. Now that I don't have to travel so much, I water them once a week...

• Praise 1

dendrobium can. Not phalaenopsis , they are delicate and indoor.

1. I've various kinds of Vanda and they thrive under bright sunlight. Those purple blue one are my favourite. I've given them away to relatives as I'll be moving to HDB. I used to keep Phalaenopsis but they are prone to red mites. I guess, I may just go for 1 or 2 Phalaenopis. I kinda like those with sweet scene one (smelly to some [laugh]), such as Bellina.

250px-Violacea.jpg

2. For Den, I like the hardy Thai's fuerstenbergianum. Again sweet scene [inlove].

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/Dendrobium-fuerstenbergianu.jpg/120px-

3. Anyway, I'm not talking specifically about Orchids, probably those leafty non-flowering plant. Did consider air-plant but I don't quite like them.

Regards,

Money plant.... super hardy....

till now, still don't understand why it is called the Money plant?

Regards,

Go thomson rd far east florist and the stretch . Should have indoor plants . Actually, look around shopping area, aircon places especially airport, it gives you clues on the type of plants.

Orchid has many types, mostly need full sunlight.

Yap, Vanda need plenty of light to flower. Shoe sole Orchids don't like sunlight but they need cool weather to flower. Singapore weather is not suitable for them.

Regards,

u can try those 盆栽 aka bonzai plants

plenty of water and no dirct sunlight

Some Fengshui masters will advise you against keeping bonzai. Simply because, it symoblies restraint and restiction in one's health, career and wealth based on where it was located with the house. So no Bonzai for me [laugh]. Thanks.

Regards,