Indoor plants for HDB, any recommendation?

Kelpie

What conditions do they grow in?

This orchid has been with me for a few years and its been blooming regularly, mist roots twice a day and fertilize monthly with manure pellets, they get about 3hrs of morning sun daily.

I love herbs too. [nod]

post-15-1217580792_thumb.jpg

Edited by Garlic

Neutral Newbie

Cactus! minimal maintenance and cheap to buy. Can have different color also if you buy those grafted types.

Usual in door brightness will do, if not, just put near windows.

Thanks. [:)]

Had previous pots which did not grow well, killed a few tru' trial and error too. [sweatdrop]

Was told by an orchid farm never to let it have direct sunlight and also not to wet the leaves and flowers as it will cause yellowing and black spots on the leaves.

Previously tried water soluble fertiliser and NPK pellets, manure pellets gave me the best results though it smell for a few days after application.

Edited by Garlic

WorldFarm is a great place for plants, compound is huge and there are a large variety of plants at very reasonable prices.

They supply them to landscapers and smaller nurseries.

http://www.worldfarm.com.sg/

[nod][nod][nod]

Is the current Garden Festival worth visiting?

Thank you.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

Looks like you also a orchid fan too. Interested to join the spore orchid society.

Actually, once you stay in flats or highrise and the sun doesnt shine in. Orchid that needs full sun will die eventually unless phalaenopsis,etc indoors.

Best stay in landed , plenty of space to play with for plants growth.

Thats the thing, I'll be moving into HDB and I observe that I can't bring what I used to have [:/]. It seems like apart from Phals, there are not many choices to me if we're just talking about Orchids.

Regards,

Any reasons why you prefer not to have soil?

Orchids don't need soil and soil is not a must have to grow indoor plants too. No soil also less messy [thumbsup].

Regards,

Money plant.... super hardy....

till now, still don't understand why it is called the Money plant?

Regards,

It's called money plants only locally. If u search the net on this plant, u can't anywhere where it's called by this name. It's actual name is Devil's Ivy or Pothos.

i hv the other type of money plant crassula ovata

this is also indoor, no direct sunlight and also not too wind/ water.

crassula.jpgcrassula_portulacea.jpg

but this one will need soil and a tray below to collect water

btw, do not plant catus in ur house. they say not beri good for family relationship

Cactus is survivor lah. If care about fengshui, imagine what the cactus means. People around you suffer, you will thrive.

Ask our Dr Tony Tan. Take care of the downside and the upside will take care of itself. laugh.gifsweatdrop.gif