Car Body Wrap

Whiteride

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros/sis,

I'm collecting my new car in a week or two, initially wanted to go for a full respray as the car only comes in 3-4 color (which i don't really like) got quoted between $1-2k mostly takes about 2 weeks.

Just now i came across HOTSTUFF mag issue #65 about Full car wrapping, out of curiosity i gave them a call to enquire more.

Generally i was told that it will last up to 5yrs, advantage for body wrap vs paint = prevent drop in value as wrap can be taken off but paint ppl might mistake it for accident etc. Pricing wise ard 1k - 1k+ range and it takes 5-7days.

Being the price of wrapping and painting doesn't differ alot, would like to seek advice from all.

Anyone tried the full wrap before or comment on these 2 ?

2719209033_83215fc7d5.jpg?v=0

2720032010_fc3b338f83.jpg?v=0

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

yup, that's why trying to get advise on paint vs wrap =)

Pro's for wrap is a little cheaper than spray (but not much diff)

Waiting time reduce by a week

Con's unsure how lasting it will be / quality / maintenance of it (normal paint we wash/wash/sealant etc, but sticker?! a bit weird to send for polishing to keep its shine)

Edited by Whiteride

iam driving a Colt and was quoted $3k plus.dizzy.gif

anyway,the girl i talked to seems abit blur.

ask her questions,she reply me with answers not related to my questions.sweatdrop.gif

when she quoted me $3k plus,i ask so expensive ah?

she compare my car with a lambo which they were doing at that time saying that my car is 4 door so will be more expensive.hur.gif

Hypersonic

Genconcept is really expensive but their worksmanship is very good I guess. I saw the matt black GT-R they did at Centennial Tower and it's really chio.

That time they quoted me $288 just to do matt black sticker on my bonnet. [dizzy] Other places quoted me $80-100 only.

I'm just guessing based on logic...

To be able to fully wrap a car with its curves and what not, the sticker used must be very stretchable and I suppose, very thin too. Coz to my knowledge, the usual 3M vinyl stickers that are used to make car decals, are tough to stretch over curves on the car body.

It's normal to get scratches on our cars' paintwork from stones during daily driving, which we can simply use polish or wax to minimise or remove. But if the wrapping sticker used is indeed pretty thin, I'm not sure if stones or what not will result in tears, which is pretty much impossible to patch without replacing the whole wrap. I think this you've gotta check with the sticker shop staff.

Neutral Newbie

Icekitten

But if the wrapping sticker used is indeed pretty thin, I'm not sure if stones or what not will result in tears, which is pretty much impossible to patch without replacing the whole wrap.

good point.. i'll be dropping by one of these day to check it out.

if the price is almost same with paint and less waiting time but the only concern is durability and quality/workmanship

Neutral Newbie

she compare my car with a lambo which they were doing at that time saying that my car is 4 door so will be more expensive.

she rly said that? :xif i'm not wrong the surface area of lambo and colt doesn't differ much

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

thanks =)

anyone did full wrapping before? need to know how good/lasting it as, they say did many super car, but super car normally park in shelter or seldom drive out one ma.. not like most of our "hdb" car

Edited by Whiteride

done my by SPEC-R before. no problem.. my neighbor's EG9 also beri the tiong.

just dun make sticker with many sharp edges will b ok

u can goto fit jazz club see his post on the bodysticka. or u can try D'Factory also. look for kent

Neutral Newbie
iam driving a Colt and was quoted $3k plus.dizzy.gif

anyway,the girl i talked to seems abit blur.

ask her questions,she reply me with answers not related to my questions.sweatdrop.gif

when she quoted me $3k plus,i ask so expensive ah?

she compare my car with a lambo which they were doing at that time saying that my car is 4 door so will be more expensive.hur.gif

wahahahahaha.... this is funny.... colt R should be a smaller car then lambo man... 3k is damn ex....

Edited by Sash7

anyway, technically not supposed to exceed 50% base color hor.. otherwise considered illegal. then again everything also can b illegal. got them say, no u say one.

Ya hor....when respray to new colour we have to declare to LTA.

But if wrap whole body with sticker to new colour then how? Declare or not? [sweatdrop]

eh.. u mizz the point. anyway. $3k i think is subjextive if u see the amt of detailing needed as well as the design work other then just sticking layer upon layer to create the ultimate RiceBoy

http://forum.sg-fit-jazz.com/viewtopic.php?t=43782&start=0

but i quite hesitate to do this becos got a couple of time, TP follow me for a good long time, then park next to me stare stare during redlight before gg off. luckily i cannot afford smlj meter, rsm, safc. otherwise sure invite lane 8 tour.

I have done full bonnet and boot wrap for protection purposes, very good as no maintenance, washing is very easy just water and soap, no need to wax. Full body wrap may not be easy as there are many curves especially at the wheel arch and bumper area. But if can be done well your car would basically be maintenance free [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement