Remittance of $$$ to Philippines

Scenic98

My maid need to send some money back home. Last time I brought her to Western Union. Rates were lousy and still charge $12 service fee. Is there a better and safter place to send? Those at Lucky Plaza? Tks

↡ Advertisement

Try I-Remit at Lucky Plaza, 3rd floor. Service charge by them is $4+ only. My maid will remit at this shop. Weekend the Q is quite long.

What is the best way to remit money to Indonesia, in terms of service fee and exchange rate?

Has anyone tried MRemit from Singtel, is the rate good compared with the shops in Lucky Plaza?

How soon can the receiving party get the money after the remittance is done?

Thanks for sharing.

cannot bank in Indo bank here?

then family uses atm card to withdraw there.

cld be 0 fee. [:p]

I am trying to help my domestic helper to remit some money from Singapore to her father's bank account in Indonesia.

Sending SGD here and for them to receive IDR in Indonesia.

Hence, need to find an agent with the best exchange rate and lowest service charge.

I know some helpers are using Western Union, but I don't think this is the best way.

• Praise 1

For small amount, WU hassle free.

For bigger amount, then it's worth to go the extra mile.

I did something stupid before, park somewhere took train to Chinatown for money exchange & took train back.

The cost of traveling & parking vs i go to any money exchange for a lousy exchange rate.

Go lucky plaza, carpark expensive, ERP, jams compare with WU at singpost. Which is better?

What is the best way to help my Myanmar helper to remit money back to her country? I know Peninsula plaza has such service. What info do they need from the receiving party? I think is not going through bank in Myanmar. Anyone can help?

My Myanmar colleague just left for Norway this week. If u asked last week, I still able to help u ask him. He wont be back liao. Got other Myanmar colleagues but not close. They working at other levels of the building.

• Praise 1

My Myanmar colleague just left for Norway this week. If u asked last week, I still able to help u ask him. He wont be back liao. Got other Myanmar colleagues but not close. They working at other levels of the building.

Thanks for your effort to reply to my question even you don't have an answer. Haha.
↡ Advertisement