New 2007 Nissan Qashqai / Dualis

Wintersonata

Of course remember you... check out the first post... it's linked to your price-list... Haha... pricing-wise it's quite close to Honda CRV... a very hard choice indeed...

↡ Advertisement

I guess totally different market segment... I would say Qashqai is not really SUV... but more hatchback with SUV height profile and better fuel efficiency (due to FWD only for city driving)... Haven't seen VW Tiguan yet... When would it be due for release? 4WD?

i do not think they are in different market segments. both are compact crossovers and the Qashqai is merely 20mm larger than the Tiguan. The wheelbase of CRV, Forester, Qashqai, Tiguan are within 30mm different between the longest and shortest. And none of them are real off-roaders - they are as you say "hatchbacks with SUV height", but some are more apt when shown a rough road than others.

Tiguan is in town, 4Motion variant.

Thanks man, pardon me for my knowledge in SUV stuff... Haha, still quite new to all these... Was looking out for a crossover SUV and looking forward to people to share their knowledge...

I did some research on the VW Tiguan 4Motion 2.0T SE, any indicative pricing for SG? Can't find it in VW SG website also... Very nice looking car, but it would have a poorer fuel efficiency due to it's 4WD...

My colleague is driving a Dualis. Just delivered in about a month. He said he got about 10-11km/L ... but i think it will improve once engine is run in.

This 2.0 engine runs on RON91 minimum... so, can pump RON92 and save $$$.

Also, if you have the specs of this car (exterior dimension), compare it against VW Golf and Ford Focus hatchback... you'll realize it is very very similar to these 2 except it's taller. So, interior space wise, do not expect it to be in CRV class.

However, driving dynamics will be also more similar to Golf/Focus/Hyundai i30/Peu 308/C4 class than CRV/RAV4 type.

Another good selling point of this car is, its Euro NCAP crash test rating is very very good. In fact if you go into details of the score (beyond the 5 star rating), you'll find that it scored very high in adult occupant (front & side) and child occupant test. Better than even Citroen C4, C5 and C6 (which were class leading in individual NCAP points), and even better than BMW 3 series, Audi's new A4 and Merc C class. In short, Qashqai is a very very safe car .... even compared against contis.

i personally think this car has no rival at the moment and is in a class of its own.

you know why its safety is so good?

cos this is a collaborative project with Renault. Renault is well known for safety. All their cars scores 5 stars Euro NCAP...but Engine and CVT developed by Nissan.

Renault will have a similar car some time soon. They are basically the same car, same platform. Same engine and trans. I think interior architecture is the same but style treatment is different. Exterior is of cos different. but shape is the same.

Just a couple of pics courtesy of the UK Qashqai forum on what they call the Nissan "CashCow" or Nissan QQ [bounce2]

Edited by Shpesft

The funniest one I heard was it's the Nissan QQ as opposed to the mainland's QQ [laugh] My SE nearly died laughing...

P/S: Milk the exhaust lor... Make sure it's a cow and not a bull [bounce1]

(edited)
Just a couple of pics courtesy of the UK Qashqai forum on what they call the Nissan "CashCow" or Nissan QQ [bounce2]

OMG, it's really ready for milking... Low fat option available? Think still short of a Esso cow tail... haha...

Edited by Wintersonata

Never read my earlier posts right? I test-drove it on National Day... Getting a Fire Copper 2.0G Premium. My friend went to book the Fire copper 2.0G basic but was told no more stock, got to wait for next shipment... [jawdrop]