Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:45 AM
Anyone here been to Koh Samui? I am currently planning a trip with my wife in Oct and would like to hear some advice here.
1) Which beach is nicer? Chaweng or Lamai?
2) Which hotel is cheap and good? Looking at $100+/- per nite kinda hotel near beach...
3) What are the activities available there?
4) Any big shopping mall or night markets there? Similar to Phuket or Bangkok?
5) 4 days 3 nites stay enough to experience the life there?
6) Any other advice...
Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:30 AM
2) Which hotel is cheap and good? Looking at $100+/- per nite kinda hotel near beach. http://directrooms.c...CFQJhTAod3nVzjw I only tried Samudra Retreat Samui.
3) What are the activities available there? Water activites since it is an island. Horse riding operated by a Sporean. Elephant trekkg (prepare to be carroted).
4) Any big shopping mall or night markets there? Similar to Phuket or Bangkok? It is an island so I don't think u will find big mall but night markets yes. To me it is the same everywhere.
5) 4 days 3 nites stay enough to experience the life there? Should be, I stayed 1 wk. Snorkelling n feedg marine fishes very fun but bring yr own bread.
6) Any other advice... Rent car instead of motorbike. Not really safe to travel by bike. Food-wise, if u eat at touristy areas, be prepared to be carrot as usual.
Enjoy yr holidays.
Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:52 AM
But what i can say for getting around in Thailand is...i prefer to rent a bike if the trip is only within short distance. If need to travel long distance, then i will take a car.
Riding a Bike in thailand is still quite safe and is still my choice of transport as you get to stop anywhere you like without having to worry if you are blocking anyone. Somemore it is cheap
Edited by Mercuri, 21 August 2008 - 10:53 AM.
Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:56 AM
but if u r tokg abt crystal clear on the island itself, where u will find marine fishes in the surrounding water = nope.
the ones that i've been to, normally they will bring u out to neighbouring islands, where u will spend a day there frolicking in the water, canoe n makan there. those islands are normally under conservation. but it is rather far fm bkk.
Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:36 PM
Renting m/c is a popular option for visitors to Thailand. The convenience, fun and the risks . . .
A Hong Kong man died after his motorcycle collided head-on with a truck at a popular tourist resort in Thailand, while his Hong Kong girlfriend, who was in the back seat, was injured, the Hong Kong Economic Journal reports.
The accident happened on Saturday afternoon near an observatory on the popular tourist island of Koh Samui, where the woman, surnamed Wong, was undergoing practical training at a local hotel, and her boyfriend, surnamed Chan, was visiting her.
Chan, who was in his 20s as Wong is, arrived on the island on Friday and rented a bike to take her out for sightseeing the next day.
Police were trying to find out why Chan lost control of the bike, which then crashed into the truck.
It was said that the bike’s brakes seemed to have malfunctioned, Apple Daily reported.
Police believed Chan’s death was mainly caused by the strong impact on the head as he was not wearing a helmet as required by local regulations at the time of the accident.
Wong wore a helmet and was able to escape death but she still suffered multiple injuries to her body.
Two officials from the Immigration Department escorted family members of the couple to Thailand on Sunday to deal with the aftermath.
The Chinese Consulate-General in Songkhla in southern Thailand promised to follow up on the case.
Also tagged with these keywords: Samui
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users