Road Tax Disc

Nash10

Finally gonna be phased out by Feb next year.... long overdue -_-

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/road-tax-discs-to-be/3081860.html

However, I'm puzzled by this statement:

"LTA said, adding that those driving into Malaysia are advised to carry printed proof of the validity of their road tax in their vehicles"

Why would M'sia be bother that we pay our road tax or not [hur]

They need to drink their kopi...

No more hardcopy road tax, so next time those car owners who stay in landed, their windscreen would be totally empty liao?!

free up space for more cuntrees clubs.

No more hardcopy road tax, so next time those car owners who stay in landed, their windscreen would be totally empty liao?!

Edited by Kangadrool

free up space for more cuntrees clubs.

That's what ppl are eyeing- part of the 5C :D

Finally gonna be phased out by Feb next year.... long overdue -_-

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/road-tax-discs-to-be/3081860.html

However, I'm puzzled by this statement:

"LTA said, adding that those driving into Malaysia are advised to carry printed proof of the validity of their road tax in their vehicles"

Why would M'sia be bother that we pay our road tax or not [hur]

Good to phase out ... always have to remind myself to tear carefully and paste carefully ...

Now, it's up to the relevant authorities to just picture the car licence no to check online for road tax validity ...

For govt, they probably save more ... Paperless and no more postage envelope and stamps ...

Today is the last day for displaying of road tax disc. Tomorrow, road tax disc will be a collector's item!!!

https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=b817a9c5-7252-4a03-8d37-6ec1edfedc83

ROAD TAX DISCS TO BE PHASED OUT FROM 15 FEBRUARY 2017

News Releases
9 Feb 2017

1. As announced in August last year, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will stop issuing physical road tax discs from 15 February 2017 as part of its efforts to streamline processes. Motorists will also no longer be required to display road tax discs on the windscreens of their vehicles.
  2. Starting from 15 February 2017, motorists will only receive a road tax payment notice, and no paper road tax disc will be issued.
  3. Motorists are reminded to pay their road tax on time. Using a vehicle with road tax in arrears is an offence and liable to a maximum fine of $2,000. Motorists can continue to check and obtain a printout of their vehicle’s road tax validity via the One.Motoring website under the road tax enquiry feature. They can also log into their One.Motoring account to opt to receive email reminders to renew their road tax. Please refer to the Annex for more details.
  4. Authorities in Malaysia have been informed that physical road tax discs will no longer be issued from 15 February 2017 and Singapore-registered vehicles will not be required to display the road tax disc on the windscreens of their vehicles. They will be able to verify a vehicle’s road tax validity via the same online function on the One.Motoring website. Nevertheless, those driving into Malaysia are advised to carry a printout of their vehicle’s road tax validity in their vehicles. Motorists should also ensure that a valid motor insurance certificate is kept in their vehicles at all times.

• Praise 2

My road tax due after 15 Feb n LTA still send me road tax notice w the disc attached.....

I renewed my road tax in January.

I told my wife to keep the new disc in glove box.

• Praise 1

don't think so.

But, hopefully they will still send reminder/bill hardcopy snail style.

I reckon printing the disc will still be SOP, just that not mandatory for it to be displayed.

Edited by Kangadrool

You can take down windscreen also as we use that for all these decals only, otherwise no use! [:p]

So can take down the road tax from the windscreen liao?! Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2