Ah Hock Hokkien Mee: The Old Man is Back!

Davidklt

i tried this before.. so so.

i tried the following as well

ABC market, Whampoh Market, Ah Kim..

still ABC market the best...their chilli also taste better

"Closed once a fortnight" Between Mon~Sun exactly which day is that???

It's funny how ppl can put up so much details on the food ,stall and person and dan put sth so mysterious like "Closed once a fortnight".

It'll put ppl off when they're thinking of travelling all the way there to taste the food. [:|]

I'm going there this weekend for sure!! I've had his hokkien since I was 14yrs old, and he had a young assistant

and a old man to help him out then, they would shell and boil the prawn shells, soak the bee hoon chop the spring onions etc..

Man, it's been so long. I stayed in gardens when I was born, house is still there, haven't been back to gardens for many, many years now,

since I left, last time I had Hock's hokkien mee was like 20yrs ago. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Didn't find any otehr as good as his. My wife's a hokkien mee fan, everytime complain not nice, and I used to tell her

about Ah Hock's hokkien mee. (He wasn't known as Ah Hock, then. bounce2.gifbounce2.gif

Tomorrow night, CHEONGGGGG AAHHHHH!!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Ah Hock, wasn't a old man then, he had dark black hair, combed Presley style.

Edited by Mazdaowner

My 'Dew' and I hardly eaten FHM since the time she came and embraced me from behind. Myself, I don't like it cos there's too much seafood ingredients. Then last year my friend recommended me his little shop along Selegie Road(coming from Rendevous Hotel, its the first one on the left), my 'Dew' and I were left "gee what have we been missing, this is wonderful".

↡ Advertisement