Nanopulser

Nkps

Neutral Newbie

That cost more dan a car battery leh. Expensive car batteries aside, Buy $160 device on a $100 car battery? What's the point in that? Expensive battery also dun cost $260 what . Right? With the money I can buy 2 batteries and it can last the same time or more with that device+battery.

Why not you go find out what are the warranties they give to their buyer before you judge whether it's worth or not.

Latest news heard is SMRT is getting this to install in their buses which is rare for big company to buy such device or accessories for their buses.

↡ Advertisement

For your infor they don't allow Group Buy or Mass Order, rule set by Distributor.

How about just a bulk discount?

Or is SMRT paying $160 for each bus?

That cost more dan a car battery leh. Expensive car batteries aside, Buy $160 device on a $100 car battery? What's the point in that? Expensive battery also dun cost $260 what . Right? With the money I can buy 2 batteries and it can last the same time or more with that device+battery.

From my understanding as an initial user, the nanopulser is a one time purchase. It is not a consumable or repeat purchase product. The internal components are made to last to 10 years. There is no capacitors inside hence can last long.... (explained by distributor as I recall)

You are assuming the product last for 1 battery only which is not true. As long as you are driving a vehicle, you will always be able to transfer and use it on your next ride. The ideal situation is to not spend any money on battery change outs in between car changes/upgrades in my opinion.

Moreover, this maybe seen as a hedging tool against higher battery prices in future. What makes you think your $100 battery today will still be sold at the same price next year or year after? [confused] We consumers don't know unfortunately...

40-50% battery price increase jump happened in beginning 2008 [sweatdrop] There was a newpaper announcement on this, I remember reading it.

So basically, the longer you are able to stretch your battery, you are already saving real money. Not to mention being eco-friendly and reducing resource wastage [thumbsup]

I am almost in my 30 months of battery service and I can say good product, cheaper than 1.5 petrol refills... [dizzy]

Again depending on your battery size, Varta is sold by Autobacs between $220 to $460 [sweatdrop]

Why not you go find out what are the warranties they give to their buyer before you judge whether it's worth or not.

Latest news heard is SMRT is getting this to install in their buses which is rare for big company to buy such device or accessories for their buses.

If this is the case, then I have further confidence in nanopulser [thumbsup]

If SMRT is really adopting it, then it really means something + they are going more 'green' in their business.

They are not stupid to install VS or other snake oil products into their vehicles..... [laugh]

I have tried VS and there was no difference. Or nothing significant.

I am using Nanopulser. Just waiting to see how long my battery can last. [thumbsup]

I agree with u. Feels no diff with VS. But where u got ur nanopulser? Me too goin to invest in tis thing.

• Praise 1

I agree with u. Feels no diff with VS. But where u got ur nanopulser? Me too goin to invest in tis thing.

The installer is somewhere in this forum. Maybe bros can help.

I try to search for his contact and pm you. [thumbsup]

will let u know how it goes in a few yrs time. my previous car (now used by sis) has a 33mth old stock battery on NP. the battery still seems good.

normal people "change every 2 yrs", no? btw, i got my first NP for 120 and 2nd one no more intro price.. so i paid $150. 'regular' customer mah.. got the $150 for my combo's stock Varta batt. hoping to stretch both batteries for 5 yrs of usage (whether it happens or not, i shd be ard here to update u all)

so far so good. but most people only see short term, so i can understand why adoption rate is low

Edited by Boyboy

I have tried VS and there was no difference. Or nothing significant.

I am using Nanopulser. Just waiting to see how long my battery can last. [thumbsup]

TKK (TAN KU KU)

my getz on factory stock delkor seems to be fine. occasionally forget to switch off lights. but then again, it was in good shape at over 2 yrs old even before NP was installed.

hopefully this batt can last 5 yrs. but i think 3 yrs already tan tio since many of my friends and many on MCF seem to be changing their batt at 2 yrs. my lao peh stock camry battery died after less than 2 yrs. [rolleyes]

but seriously, this NP shd have no performance or FC improvement. it also looks boring for a $120 (or $160) gadget. no improvement to the looks of the engine bay [sleeping]

5-10 yrs just to verify the cost effectiveness?

SMRT or any other companies (govt-linked or otherwise) are not immune to shoddy internal process and bad business decision...just look at the AG's review of LTA, MDA? Just look at Temasek....

Anyway, where is the documentary proof of this SMRT decision...so far it is classified as heresy.

5-10 yrs is enough for any product/company to have sold enough quantities (via internet/forum "advertisement") to shut down with profit.... the less paid up capital...the more profit. Just look at all the small PI that sprung up and shut down over the years...all of them under the same boss.....is he profiting from this business model? I would think so.

• Praise 1

SMRT or any other companies (govt-linked or otherwise) are not immune to shoddy internal process and bad business decision...just look at the AG's review of LTA, MDA? Just look at Temasek....

Anyway, where is the documentary proof of this SMRT decision...so far it is classified as heresy.

5-10 yrs is enough for any product/company to have sold enough quantities (via internet/forum "advertisement") to shut down with profit.... the less paid up capital...the more profit. Just look at all the small PI that sprung up and shut down over the years...all of them under the same boss.....is he profiting from this business model? I would think so.

I don't know how it works but my current 5yr old battery(Sep04 build) is still going strong.

nano02.jpg

battery01.jpg

• Praise 1

Maybe it's an isolated incident....

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=2634379

My Varta Asia Dynamic lasted me 17 months. Battery died one fine Saturday morning on my way to pump petrol. No sign of battery expiry and no indication in my voltmeter.

End up changed to SP MF battery for a pricey deal from the petrol kiosk workshop and it is a Malaysian brand. [shakehead][thumbsdown]

Would have gotten AAS for help if not I was rushing to somewhere urgently. [bigcry]

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=2634397

You mean nanopulser?

I have it in my ride. It did not show any indication of battery dying. My nanopulser is installed exactly one year of the installation of my Varta battery. Anyway, Nanopulser's installer has been informed of this and I will leave my case in the hands of my mechanic should car "decide to go to bed again". [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

How long more NP can prolong my battery that I don't know. So far I only know my FC have improved by around 10% which I really happy with cause I didn't expect that result from NP when I first bought it. [thumbsup]

Just my 2 cts worth in comments :

1) Cost effectiveness is calculated on the treated substrate ie. host battery. If battery can stretch longer than conventional time, there is already savings and effectiveness. To justify nanopulser cost $160 over 5-10 years is like trying to calculate on your death bed the $50,000 ginseng stock you consume over 15 years, is it worth it or not? what if I didn't take the ginseng, would I have lasted till now [sweatdrop] a little too mind boggling to extrapolate.....

2) Yes, they are not immune to bad practices and business decisions. But what has it got to do with hardware selection and maintenance? [confused] You use good parts and they tend to last longer before expiring. Besides, such fleet co. often adopt preventive maintenance for their vehicles. What this means is that regardless of operation condition, they go by time as a measure to change out wear and tear items...

As for documentary proof or any substantiation on SMRT, this would have to lie on the distributor's part. I can't comment. Sometimes, as I have come across it depends on the disclosure agreement between vendor and client ie. Intel may not publish the fact their chipset is used in Honeywell servers (just an example, for illustration purposes) but of course, any form of legit proof is undeniably most comforting, that I agree with you.

3) I do not understand your point stated [confused] All companies would like to operate as long as possible right? In the case of nanopulser, the margins are very small as compared to PIs per unit basis ie. $50-60 vs $5,000-$10,000. The much bigger margins earned by PIs give them the motivation to fleece innocent consumers. To add on, there is a greater liability on the part of PI since each car sold has a 3-5 year warranty on car parts. This represents possible contingent 'cost' on carrying a customer for the warranty period and 'eat' into their already earned profits. So they plan right and then open as many simultaneously points of sale and once their target amount is achieved...... Operation 'Run Road' begins [thumbsdown]

As for little or less paid up capital is not exactly a very good indicator of commercial sincerity and has little impact on judging an entity, classic example is Genting International. The ultimate parent company has only paid up capital of RM3.00 [shocked] 1 share to Lim Goh Tong, 1 share to his wife and 1 share to his eldest son. The company is often referred to as '3 M' in Malaysian circles. So each paid up capital share is worth RM Billions.

As I know for now, only distributor currently sell it + MX tradings. I don't think he owns MX tradings or calls the shots.

For your argument, I do not agree with you. Duragloss is a very well engineered grooming product distributed by Maddetailer aka Benny and he has a few resellers ie. MX tradings is one of them. People buy the product because its good, period. They don't buy because Benny look like Aaron Kwok or Andy Lau. He is a one man show that distributes Duragloss products and provides grooming services. He has yet to 'disappear' or 'run road' contrary to your theory. You buy a product based on its merits [flowerface]

Or are you implying Benny would be 'running road' soon or plan to, based on your theory? ie. small paid-up capital, internet/forum advertisement, small work force, many sales channels..... He fits your criterion though

• Praise 1

Cheaper alternative to nanopulser

OBD-12 Volt Desulphator

http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-restor...olt/OBD-12.html

I have seen this product before 2 years ago before getting nanopulser and compared specs. You can get the specs of BM OBD from their website manuals (if I recall)

BM 12v

Frequency 90 to 110 Hz

Power Output 5-11 Amp

Frequency duty cycle 20%

Nanopulser

Frequency 10,000 Hz

Power Output 0.02 to 0.05 Amp

Frequency duty cycle 100%

The winner is obvious [flowerface]

Better and newer technology, local support and warranty, Japanese origin, the choice for me was clear.

BM was exactly what nanopulser is against, ie. strong sharp powerful currents that fracture the sulphation crystals but also break the lead plates ultimately... leading to battery failure [shakehead]

BM only works for limited effective timeline, Nanopulser works 24/7 regardless of engine operation. That puts it one up against the rest.

Just my 2 cts worth in comments :

1) Cost effectiveness is calculated on the treated substrate ie. host battery. If battery can stretch longer than conventional time, there is already savings and effectiveness. To justify nanopulser cost $160 over 5-10 years is like trying to calculate on your death bed the $50,000 ginseng stock you consume over 15 years, is it worth it or not? what if I didn't take the ginseng, would I have lasted till now [sweatdrop] a little too mind boggling to extrapolate.....

2) Yes, they are not immune to bad practices and business decisions. But what has it got to do with hardware selection and maintenance? [confused] You use good parts and they tend to last longer before expiring. Besides, such fleet co. often adopt preventive maintenance for their vehicles. What this means is that regardless of operation condition, they go by time as a measure to change out wear and tear items...

As for documentary proof or any substantiation on SMRT, this would have to lie on the distributor's part. I can't comment. Sometimes, as I have come across it depends on the disclosure agreement between vendor and client ie. Intel may not publish the fact their chipset is used in Honeywell servers (just an example, for illustration purposes) but of course, any form of legit proof is undeniably most comforting, that I agree with you.

3) I do not understand your point stated [confused] All companies would like to operate as long as possible right? In the case of nanopulser, the margins are very small as compared to PIs per unit basis ie. $50-60 vs $5,000-$10,000. The much bigger margins earned by PIs give them the motivation to fleece innocent consumers. To add on, there is a greater liability on the part of PI since each car sold has a 3-5 year warranty on car parts. This represents possible contingent 'cost' on carrying a customer for the warranty period and 'eat' into their already earned profits. So they plan right and then open as many simultaneously points of sale and once their target amount is achieved...... Operation 'Run Road' begins [thumbsdown]

As for little or less paid up capital is not exactly a very good indicator of commercial sincerity and has little impact on judging an entity, classic example is Genting International. The ultimate parent company has only paid up capital of RM3.00 [shocked] 1 share to Lim Goh Tong, 1 share to his wife and 1 share to his eldest son. The company is often referred to as '3 M' in Malaysian circles. So each paid up capital share is worth RM Billions.

As I know for now, only distributor currently sell it + MX tradings. I don't think he owns MX tradings or calls the shots.

For your argument, I do not agree with you. Duragloss is a very well engineered grooming product distributed by Maddetailer aka Benny and he has a few resellers ie. MX tradings is one of them. People buy the product because its good, period. They don't buy because Benny look like Aaron Kwok or Andy Lau. He is a one man show that distributes Duragloss products and provides grooming services. He has yet to 'disappear' or 'run road' contrary to your theory. You buy a product based on its merits

Or are you implying Benny would be 'running road' soon or plan to, based on your theory? ie. small paid-up capital, internet/forum advertisement, small work force, many sales channels..... He fits your criterion though

wow..you are really taking all my points out of context.... [sweatdrop] in fact I'm a customer of Benny too....

I guess at least some of the bros here can interpret my post the way I meant it to be.....too much energy spent to argue over something costing $160....

anyway to each his own.... if you feel that it is worth the $$$ go ahead so long as it does no impeach on others.....all the best and enjoy your savings!

↡ Advertisement