Nanopulser

Nkps

wow..you are really taking all my points out of context.... [sweatdrop] in fact I'm a customer of Benny too....

I guess at least some of the bros here can interpret my post the way I meant it to be.....too much energy spent to argue over something costing $160....

anyway to each his own.... if you feel that it is worth the $$$ go ahead so long as it does no impeach on others.....all the best and enjoy your savings!

Maybe Benny is also a nanopulser user too for all we know? Why don't you ask him if he uses one?

If any bro who read his initial comments on SMRT and Pxxxx Mxxxx PI run road modus operandi, please explain to me through forum or PM exactly what Vratenza meant..... He started off by prejudging others without even giving a fair opportunity and he may not be even a user of the product. He now says I have over reacted and took his points out of context.

The whole thread was about the effectiveness of the device and never about the integrity of the distributor or his business methods. If the guy was ah beng or scammer or cheater, I believe someone who was a product user would definitely write into the forum and warn other folks. The topic has been almost a year old and and nothing so far.

Jumping into conclusion without any founded basis should not be the way.

↡ Advertisement

Let me try my best to quote out of context on this posting...... "I searched the threads and found this 2 posts by the same person (Yuan) who is a nanopulser user when his battery died. Maybe I can perhaps highlight to readers that the product is not capable of performing its claims since battery died. Of course I need to protect myself from any possible backlash by putting down a disclaimer that it 'might be an isolated incident', just in case the dead battery has nothing to do with nanopulser.... heh heh"

Did I get your post insinuation correct or am I grossly wrong again?

Exactly what was your purpose in posting this 2 threads or simply what was the message you wished to convey to readers?

(Yuan) is (Feel) and I believe he is still using the nanopulser.... Maybe you should ask him what happened to his Varta battery then and did nano distributor give him an explanation on his dead battery as mentioned by (kb27) "Let see what he says...."

You show A but don't show B, which in my opinion is a little misleading.

Neutral Newbie

Are you sure it improves your FC by 10%? I dun think it is made for such purpose?!

Normally every 5 bars drop I can only travel 80km so 10 bars (half tank) is around 160km.

Now I had travel as usual, same driving habit and travelled 159km only used up 8 bars of petrol.

Same brand and grade of petrol was used.

Seriously as I had said I didn't expecting such result from NP as in the first place it was not focusing on saving fuel type of device. Maybe while improving the battery condition it somehow also lead to fuel issue.

I suppose its due to the alternator reducing its output to charge battery (as battery being more efficient and easily charges to full capacity), hence reducing engine load as well.... thus resulting in some fuel savings.

To what extent it can reduce, I'm not sure. But I have noticed better FC also, used to get 11.2liter/100km but now consistently achieve 10.6liter/100km. Improvement of about 5.6% after using nanopulser, using RON 98 and readings from trip computer.

Let me try my best to quote out of context on this posting...... "I searched the threads and found this 2 posts by the same person (Yuan) who is a nanopulser user when his battery died. Maybe I can perhaps highlight to readers that the product is not capable of performing its claims since battery died. Of course I need to protect myself from any possible backlash by putting down a disclaimer that it 'might be an isolated incident', just in case the dead battery has nothing to do with nanopulser.... heh heh"

Did I get your post insinuation correct or am I grossly wrong again?

Exactly what was your purpose in posting this 2 threads or simply what was the message you wished to convey to readers?

(Yuan) is (Feel) and I believe he is still using the nanopulser.... Maybe you should ask him what happened to his Varta battery then and did nano distributor give him an explanation on his dead battery as mentioned by (kb27) "Let see what he says...."

You show A but don't show B, which in my opinion is a little misleading.

My battery died a few months after NP was installed. I was disappointed and I straightaway questioned the NP. In fact I contacted the installer and he gave his advice that it could be my stepper motor giving the problem instead of the battery. He advised me to check with my workshop. Ian was professional enough to recommend a few workshops as well and offered to go down to the workshop with me. [thumbsup]

I went to my own workshop and checked. It was diagnosed by my mechanic that it wasn't the Varta battery problem but my connections to the battery that were faulty and those were rectified. So my initial assessment that NP wasn't working was wrong. There was a possibility that my earlier Varta battery was still in good condition. I had since changed to a Malaysian brand MF battery. That is how I am using the NP to-date.

How this helps. :D

My battery died a few months after NP was installed. I was disappointed and I straightaway questioned the NP. In fact I contacted the installer and he gave his advice that it could be my stepper motor giving the problem instead of the battery. He advised me to check with my workshop. Ian was professional enough to recommend a few workshops as well and offered to go down to the workshop with me. [thumbsup]

I went to my own workshop and checked. It was diagnosed by my mechanic that it wasn't the Varta battery problem but my connections to the battery that were faulty and those were rectified. So my initial assessment that NP wasn't working was wrong. There was a possibility that my earlier Varta battery was still in good condition. I had since changed to a Malaysian brand MF battery. That is how I am using the NP to-date.

a weak connection will affect battery charging

previously my company van batt used to die after 1yr , then after some checks was cable deteriorated, after change cable now 1.5yr batt still strong

• Praise 1

When I first install the nanopulser, it was amazing to see the results based on the batt analyzer reading that it improved within a couple of months.

Things start going downhill after my car was sent for a timing belt change. The mech couldn't start the car and blame on my battery. I was adamant it was not. Finally, after doing more adjustment the battery started the car.

The car did not feel quite right after that.

Subsequently, the battery died. I had to find another battery on a Sunday. [sweatdrop]

I was at a loss for explanation but something tells me I should revert my aftermarket crank pulley back to oe.

At another workshop, when we took out the pulley, there was a deep score ring on the pulley itself on the inside. This was due to the bad design of the aftermarket pulley.

I believe the mech who did my timing belt change had bolted in the badly designed pulley a little bit too much and subsequently it makes contact with the engine block. This makes the motor pull a lot of current from the battery bcoz of the jam. After many more daily startings under the heavy load, the battery eventually died.

Without replacing that crank pulley, my new battery would probably have died not too long in the future as well.

It was easy to blame nanopulser, but in this case, it was not.

Imo, the nanopulser is an insurance that the battery will not prematurely. But that doesn't mean the battery will last indefinitely. It is up to the owner to decide when to change the battery, when it's probably due. Pushing it to the limit will just inconvenience you when you're stuck at a bad time or a bad place.

Another snake oil.

Those who bought are stupid.

Coming from someone who cut and paste from "Tony's guide to fuel saving" for e-power systems threads, need to reconsider your postings in future. Were readers supposed to be in awe of your article and dissection methods?

Calling others stupid? I think your nick was supposedly 'Doctor Mechanic' but your cerebral finesse failed big time, unless of course 'Mekanik' is Norwegian spelling. I'm not sure please correct me if I'm wrong.

But thanks for your views anyway Doc.

Neutral Newbie

What a waste, meaning your Varta in fact can still recharge and put to good use.

At least now you step-in to clarified the issue rather than people guessing it whether it's the cause of NP. [thumbsup]

What a waste, meaning your Varta in fact can still recharge and put to good use.

At least now you step-in to clarified the issue rather than people guessing it whether it's the cause of NP. [thumbsup]

It is good to have some clarifications. [thumbsup]

Normally every 5 bars drop I can only travel 80km so 10 bars (half tank) is around 160km.

Now I had travel as usual, same driving habit and travelled 159km only used up 8 bars of petrol.

Same brand and grade of petrol was used.

Seriously as I had said I didn't expecting such result from NP as in the first place it was not focusing on saving fuel type of device. Maybe while improving the battery condition it somehow also lead to fuel issue.

if ur battery sucks in the first place and NP can restore some 'health', it should improve FC and maybe even power by a bit.

in an ideal case, starting from a good battery, NP shd have no positive effects other than prolonging the battery life. just my understanding of how it works, which may be wrong.

that;s the weakest point abt this product imho. it's appealing to a market which is very short-sighted (typical motorists). but of course, if it can sell to fleet, then maybe there's some chance for survival.

bro.. IMHO, u are a bit 'traumatised' by ur battery episode. but actually, what i feel is that it's best to check the battery every servicing. i believe mech shd have the same tool which Ian uses to check the CCA and etc etc.

i will rather have regular checks (not forgetting the green/amber/red LED on the NP itself) than to change the battery at regular intervals. who knows, u may get an ordinary batt going strong for 4 yrs WITHOUT NP, and u may have a battery that somehow lasts only two years WITH NP. freak incidents like this might occur.

i rather monitor and change based on instrument readings. but of course, like we agreed in PM, to have jumper cables and in worst case, friends to help out. still cheaper than calling AA/tow truck [grouphug]

I'm not "traumatised".

I see the episode and make a decision.

Unless, you get "free" help readily available all the time; pushing a battery to the limit is going to cost you at least one chance of inconvenience.

Although, I believe NP works and is technically sound, the decision of when to change battery is at the owner's decision. [;)]

If my car is 4 yrs old and I plan to drive till 10 yrs due to the COE thingy; I might just change the next battery on the 7 yr mark and take a chance on the remaining 3 yrs. That will be a 3 yr change, rather than try to push it to the 5 yr "battery life" and maybe risk a breakdown.

Edited by Kb27

true.. but i don't mean push until the very limit

like i was trying to say, u change every 2 yrs, doesn't 100% confirm the battery can last 2 yrs. if u just rely on interval, inconvenience might still set in. not to mention that if u forget to switch off the lights (i have, but somehow still ok, with or without NP), u will be inconvenienced anyway no matter how new the battery is! then, that battery is half gone case liao due to the deep discharge.

u monitor readings regularly, if u can see deterioration, can go and change liao. for e.g., NP shows amber light.

somehow, i honestly don't believe in 2 yrs interval. maybe until i am bitten. my getz and combo battery lasted over 2 yrs before NP was installed. and when readings were taken, they are in almost perfect condition. of course, i don't install ICE or voltage stabilisers. just some gauges for the getz.

anyway, it will be good for everyone if i share how a NP-ed battery dies naturally. so far, those batteries that failed while on NP failed in unconventional ways, not by wear and tear. If i did not misunderstand, a battery on NP dies more gradually and with more signs than a battery without, that can just fail suddenly. assuming that there are no other underlying problems. like i said, i find out for myself and share with u guys [grouphug]

of course if my NP shows amber than too bad, i'll just get my battery changed out ASAP to avoid unnecessary trouble

Edited by Boyboy

That day, when I was trying to crank with the bad battery, NP did show amber.

Unfortunately, it was too late. There was no amber before.

I think the amber indicates low voltage.

Well, The amber light only indicates low voltage, not state that the battery is going to die. Usually too late liao, when check and its amber.......But then for my case I know my battery was going to die, as that morning it had problem starting, cos it took longer to start. Lucky I have always my jumper cables in my car......and the usual case...

Guess the NP can extend the life of the battery, but then again every different battery has different life span....some longer, some shorter....

The routine of changing battery when the feeling(of the battery dieing) still applies....... And not everyone knows that "feel".

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1