MyCarForum Logo
Search
Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic | 55 praises

Poll: Which browser is the best for u? (42 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Firefox3 (21 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Google Chrome (13 votes [30.95%])

Percentage of vote: 30.95%

3. IE8 (4 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

4. Safari (4 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:02 AM

Killingtimes
  • Premium member
    Killingtimes
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

and perhaps why? nod.gif

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:39 AM

Miles
  • Miles
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

juz voted for Chrome. it blew me away.

Yes, its interface gets a little getting used to.... but once you are used to it, its simply blazing fast. and it uses really low resources. It supports flash (but not java, yet). i am able to watch YouTube, listen to web radio, and access flash sites without problem. the simple and fast performance is just what i need.

if Safari is less resource intensive, it might win me back again.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:11 AM

Whitecvt
  • Whitecvt
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i use Maxthon (classic) =D

small footprint and loads pages fast (still IE based engine) with extremely good ad/popup blocker... fully customizable too

i compared it to Firefox 2 and 3... still loads faster and lower resources!

google chrome is blazingly fast ohmy.gif but it doesnt let me customize the interface :(
i like to have my tabs below and mouse gestures to go back/forth webpages :)

Edited by Whitecvt, 06 September 2008 - 02:13 AM.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:06 AM

Poper
  • Poper
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Opera for me... very easy to use and love the quick "dial" page to access frequently visited pages...

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:22 AM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

seems like nobody use this hor..
http://www.maxthon.com/

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

Weixiang_2008
  • Weixiang_2008
    4th Gear
    Author Image

thanks for your recommendation.... its really fast.. and i am loving it thumbsup.gif

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:54 AM

Weixiang_2008
  • Weixiang_2008
    4th Gear
    Author Image

update, its a resource hogger sweatdrop.gif

just opened 3 tabs... == 150mb sweatdrop.gif

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

Bruisedlee
  • Bruisedlee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Any browser except IE nod.gif

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

Whitecvt
  • Whitecvt
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

use Maxthon Classic... not Maxthon2.....

i open 10+ tabs for my work..... usually less den 100

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:13 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

go try chrome sly.gif

but still need a backup browser for the stuff chrome does not do wink.gif

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:46 PM

Sniperben
  • Sniperben
    Sponsor
    Author Image

have not try Chrome yet. after using FF, had never look back since. thumbsup.gif

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

Csnewbie
  • Csnewbie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Opera for me... very easy to use and love the quick "dial" page to access frequently visited pages...

Opera scrolling very fast n smooth thumbsup.gif like XMM BS tongue.gif
Relocated

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:44 AM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just started using Opera. Having positive experience. The best feature block ads.

Now when you first time enter MCF, it doesn't show that pop up ads that block your screen for 5 seconds unless you click the close buttons.

And the top middle ads is missing, so are all those ads that appears underneath some posts. Every page looks clean, and uncluttered.. Loading is fast becoz it doesn't need to load the ads

Vid, Vratenza, Blueray, Carbon82 and Uncle2 praised this
You have eaten 10 curry puffs, 4 cakes and a tao sar boa.
You have drunk 10 cokes, and a jug of sarsi and I don't know how.
All you do is waddle, when the others run.
Eat a little less, play a little more.
You will find that life is a lot more fun than it was before.

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:50 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just started using Opera. Having positive experience. The best feature block ads.

Now when you first time enter MCF, it doesn't show that pop up ads that block your screen for 5 seconds unless you click the close buttons.

And the top middle ads is missing, so are all those ads that appears underneath some posts. Every page looks clean, and uncluttered.. Loading is fast becoz it doesn't need to load the ads

You should try firefox. Not only adblock in mcf. The optional add-ons also include adblock for youtube and gmail.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:50 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

yeah also recently started on Opera. very refreshing experience without those pesky ads... [thumbsup]  :D

Uncle2 praised this

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Used to Firefox and I block all popups. Sometimes it has issue with a few websites and I will use Chrome as backup. Both fine for me.

Carbon82 and Uncle2 praised this

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:04 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

firefox with ublock origin plug-in.

The latter can really sanitize a webpage of ads.

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:07 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You should try firefox. Not only adblock in mcf. The optional add-ons also include adblock for youtube and gmail.

There's a slight difference, Opera ad block is in built into the browser engine instead as a add on. They claimed this is supposedly faster. Just checked, they do block youtube, no more clicked after 4 secs,  yahoo mail.

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:35 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just found out they have inbuilt free VPN. Limited countries though.

Attached Thumbnails

• Opera-VPN.jpg

Edited by Ender, 18 November 2016 - 12:36 PM.

Mustank praised this

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Still using chrome.

Ads don't really bother me except for some sites.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Which, browser, best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users