Parking free at MSCP @ Red Star (Chin Swee) on SUnday?

Foofam77

Eh.. don't speak too soon... really got youngsters these days doing it hor...

Ya. 

In SAF.  :XD:

People go on account of the push carts... And even in HK also lesser and lesser carts already... Hard to maintain and find people who want to

do that - especially the carrot cake cart...

Thomson Plaza Peach Garden dim sum buffet still have push carts. 

I think it is also due to the space it needs to maneuver between tables and restaurants are getting more and more cramped as they put more and more tables inside.  [smallcry]

i wouldn't call it the best dim sum, but also not the worst. It's at least better than Crystal Jade for me. And not many dim sum places still offer traditional dishes like black vinegar pig trotters  [thumbsup] .

Swee Choon is also good for dim sums.

Red Star got strong mouldy smell..

Food and svc sucks as per se..

Dim sum for me will be only at Imperial Teasure Nanbei Rest. at Taka 5th floor...

Too expensive for me. 

Can't afford to go there and eat there.  [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

Went to RedStar 2 weeks ago and already a queue at 9.45am but they have chairs for the old folks whilst waiting for half hour. Although a novelty in pushcart dimsum, the standard is crap if you ask me but their reputation among the old folks is still there. Yes, free parking on Sundays but only on higher floors and saw few cars summoned as the LTA bikers know there is business for them on Sundays.

Ya. 

In SAF.  :XD:

I think it is also due to the space it needs to maneuver between tables and restaurants are getting more and more cramped as they put more and more tables inside.  [smallcry]

Yesss definitely enjoyed going to Swee Choon to satisfy my late night dim sum cravings. Especially back then when it had not expanded much, and just makan in the back alley haha.

Also, a bit off topic, there was a corner coffeeshop near Swee Choon, with a great store serving some of the freshest curry yong tau foo! Could just park and sit near the roadside tables to eat till late night. Too bad the coffeeshop closed down a few years.   

Ya.

In SAF. :XD:

I think it is also due to the space it needs to maneuver between tables and restaurants are getting more and more cramped as they put more and more tables inside. [smallcry]

Too expensive for me.

Can't afford to go there and eat there. [bigcry]

Just had Tim sum today..

$60 for 3 Pax..price abt same as Red Star..

Dun fret

post-52390-0-62619100-1511681162_thumb.jpeg

post-52390-0-22596400-1511681193_thumb.jpeg

post-52390-0-55960000-1511681229_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 15

That Swanston toiletries shop can also get super packed on weekends. But some of the hawker stores below are really worth braving the crowds for - Fong Kee fried dumpling and the roast pork store facing OG are great old Cantonese faves.

Swanston good to beo(surveying) the market trends..if you see those hubby look alike standing at one corner with arm crossed...than one of them must be me...

Too bad need to bring boy over to OG.

Push carts going robotic. Got people want to do also tan bo jiak liao.

Really? Which one is it? I'll try to have a look-see... interesting!

I think going for dim sum in hawker or kopitiam might taste better than redstar

To be fair, not all la.. you say 126 or swee choon, I will agree... hawker centre.. a bit hard...

• Praise 1

Those staying in the West can go try Sun Lok at Jurong bowl.

Boss is a hongkee turned citizen. Dim sum is good de. Price reasonable...[thumbsup]

Now moved to 321. Tried last week good dim sum

Yes the boss from hongkong, came to sg 20 yrs ago. Pls support him, i dont want to see him closing down haha.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Really? Which one is it? I'll try to have a look-see... interesting!

To be fair, not all la.. you say 126 or swee choon, I will agree... hawker centre.. a bit hard...

Toa Payoh HDB Hub basement 1 food court alrdy using robotic cart moving around collecting trays. I think it won’t be long to see robotic cart serving food

Yes the boss from hongkong, came to sg 20 yrs ago. Pls support him, i dont want to see him closing down haha.

What's the address?

Toa Payoh HDB Hub basement 1 food court alrdy using robotic cart moving around collecting trays. I think it won’t be long to see robotic cart serving food

Marina Square food court as well.  [nod]

Edited by DACH

Turbocharged

What's the address?

Marina Square food court as well. [nod]

Ya lor...aunties/uncles job also taken over by technology liao... [shakehead]

Huh! When was dat? Haven't been there for quite some time....

Thks for the info Mr. Sumo....

• Praise 1

What's the address?

Marina Square food court as well. [nod]

321 clementi, WE cinema 2nd floor

Huh! When was dat? Haven't been there for quite some time....

Thks for the info Mr. Sumo....

Think just moved one or two months ago. YW
  • Praise 2

What's the address?

Marina Square food court as well.  [nod]

many food courts starting to have the robot tray return... effectiveness is subjective though...

many food courts starting to have the robot tray return... effectiveness is subjective though...

It's a sooner or later things. How many people really want to be plates clearing cleaners in future?

Toa Payoh HDB Hub basement 1 food court alrdy using robotic cart moving around collecting trays. I think it wonât be long to see robotic cart serving food

I saw one on the level 2 food court.

It's a sooner or later things. How many people really want to be plates clearing cleaners in future?

Even there is robot tray return, or whether there is any clearing cleaners, how many people really return their tray? 

↡ Advertisement