Which bank offer free replacement of ATM card

Dumb

I want to close my posb and change bank.

Today my posb atm card became invalid after 3 tries. Bank said the machine will invalid that card after 2 tries and card MUST be replaced as it cannot be used anymore.

Replacement cost $5. So every time you key in the wrong pin # more than 2 x, you need to replace your card and pay $5.

The counter staff added that those who cards are chipped or lost and need to replace will have to pay $5.

↡ Advertisement

I think the bank staff have the discretion whether or not to charge you for replacing the ATM card. I replaced my 15-yr old DBS ATM card foc 2 yrs ago. Then, last year my ATM card almost broke into 2, and when I asked for another replacement, they had wanted to charge me. I said your card was inferior quality, and I said I won't pay. It doesn't make sense as new account holders are issued free ATM cards. I told them I was going to return my card and close my account, and open a new account with the same bank and I won't have to pay. So, they issued me another ATM card foc.

You may want to try your luck on another officer.

just $5 only

just pay lar... how many times do you change car in your life? how long have you been using your card? wear and tear no warranty mah...

maybe close and create new account on the spot can get free card?

you try and let us know

Just reminded of another similar incident.

My fren saw the promo for new subscribers for SH is better than those who renewed. So after asking & trying his luck unsuccessfully, he just terminated and got his NOK to sign for a new service and got the free gifts......... quite attractive compared to those who renewed instead

DBS/POSB bank always like to charge customer for this and that. even loss of credit card they also charge $20 bucks. I kena b4 and i ask them go and fly kite. Jus imagine, citibank, on the other hand, offer me 24hrs car replacement at my hotel (i was overseas) without any charges. DBS, on the other hand, need 1 week to replace, somemore with charges... they better wake up or else they will loss more n more customers...

UOB, defintely [;)]

Last Monday, my UOB ATM card was cracked through age & use; happen to have a UOB branch on the next corner, & I went in to check on how to get a replacement card.

Within 5 minutes or less, counter staff takes & cut my old card, & register my new ATM card.

That's real good service [thumbsup]

Edited by Deathstalker

Neutral Newbie
I think the bank staff have the discretion whether or not to charge you for replacing the ATM card. I replaced my 15-yr old DBS ATM card foc 2 yrs ago. Then, last year my ATM card almost broke into 2, and when I asked for another replacement, they had wanted to charge me. I said your card was inferior quality, and I said I won't pay. It doesn't make sense as new account holders are issued free ATM cards. I told them I was going to return my card and close my account, and open a new account with the same bank and I won't have to pay. So, they issued me another ATM card foc.

You may want to try your luck on another officer.

i did the same but they never resist to replace foc. in fact it doesn't make sense for them to charge unless their quality is as good as our ic. all they could say is they'll feedback.... say this means: i can't do nonothin brother, live with it or go.

U buay sian meh. Every time looking forward to get free replacement ATM card. So troublesome. Just change your pin to sth u can easily recall, u save yourself plenty of time & money. The bank officers always see the same joker asking for ATM card replacement, u also paiseh what. [shakehead]

I think ur card is the "GO" card right? The "GO" card POSB will charge replacement fee, but the normal ATM is FOC. Cos recently I just replaced my normal ATM card at POSB, no charges. [:)]

I have never used my ATM card. It is still brand new!!! I link my account to my credit card and use it as an ATM card n credit card.

- Less one card in the wallet

- Free replacement every two yrs when credit card expires.

One stone kill two birds. [thumbsup]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

I want to close my posb and change bank.

Today my posb atm card became invalid after 3 tries. Bank said the machine will invalid that card after 2 tries and card MUST be replaced as it cannot be used anymore.

Replacement cost $5. So every time you key in the wrong pin # more than 2 x, you need to replace your card and pay $5.

The counter staff added that those who cards are chipped or lost and need to replace will have to pay $5.

Peasants who use peasant bank cannot comprain.......the Peasant bank says make the peasants pay and they'll PAY...just like peasants who use public transport [sly][laugh] ....

Did you ever notice that those who have cracked or 'broken' their credit card just need to make a phone call for a replacement....and the NEW card will arrive 'swee, swee' in the mail within 3 days! [sly] ..

FREE OF CHARGE somemore! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

ur card got chip inside? if so, they will charge cos such cards cost quite a bit.

if not, maybe u shd change your nick cos i think the teller knows your nick in MCF. [:p]