Which bank offer free replacement of ATM card

Dumb

Just reminded of another similar incident.

My fren saw the promo for new subscribers for SH is better than those who renewed. So after asking & trying his luck unsuccessfully, he just terminated and got his NOK to sign for a new service and got the free gifts......... quite attractive compared to those who renewed instead

U sure? Cannot be same address leh

↡ Advertisement

just $5 only

just pay lar... how many times do you change car in your life? how long have you been using your card? wear and tear no warranty mah...

maybe close and create new account on the spot can get free card?

you try and let us know

It's not a matter of $5 only, which posb said is for the cost of replacing the card. If consumers lan lan give in, soon the bank will also charge us the cost of the passbook etc. May be next time entrance fee for stepping into the bank to make enquiry.

My GO card kena makan by machine, i went to make new 1. FOC

I think ur card is the "GO" card right? The "GO" card POSB will charge replacement fee, but the normal ATM is FOC. Cos recently I just replaced my normal ATM card at POSB, no charges. [:)]

I want to close my posb and change bank.

Today my posb atm card became invalid after 3 tries. Bank said the machine will invalid that card after 2 tries and card MUST be replaced as it cannot be used anymore.

Replacement cost $5. So every time you key in the wrong pin # more than 2 x, you need to replace your card and pay $5.

The counter staff added that those who cards are chipped or lost and need to replace will have to pay $5.

I replaced my old NTUC cum ATM card to a new ATM card FOC.

In case wrong pin # more than 2 times, let the ATM machine eat your card and call up for a replacement FOC. wink.gif One method to let the machine eat your card is to push it in again immediately after it has ejected.

UOB, defintely [;)]

Last Monday, my UOB ATM card was cracked through age & use; happen to have a UOB branch on the next corner, & I went in to check on how to get a replacement card.

Within 5 minutes or less, counter staff takes & cut my old card, & register my new ATM card.

That's real good service [thumbsup]

Where is that UOB bank at?

Agree, repacing damaged card should not be charged, it is the quality of their card that fail, not us. If we lose the card and ask for replacement fee, then I have nothing to say cos this is our pasar liao. [:/]

Today my posb atm card became invalid after 3 tries. Bank said the machine will invalid that card after 2 tries and card MUST be replaced as it cannot be used anymore.

Replacement cost $5. So every time you key in the wrong pin # more than 2 x, you need to replace your card and pay $5.

The counter staff added that those who cards are chipped or lost and need to replace will have to pay $5.

by right, with the wrong pin, your card will be retained..

anyway, for mine, they send me a replacement for free when I said mine seems to have crack..

guess it depends of what sort of customer you are.. btw, mine is a debit card which I uses as ATM card...

My GO card kena makan by machine, i went to make new 1. FOC

I think ur card is the "GO" card right? The "GO" card POSB will charge replacement fee, but the normal ATM is FOC. Cos recently I just replaced my normal ATM card at POSB, no charges. [:)]

when they eat up my card, i just do my usual "uh oh" and forget about it

they call me up and ask if I want replacement send to my letterbox or courier back to me. [:p]

guess i forget to ask them to compensate me for eating up the car [:p]

I changed my 10 years old DBS ATM card about 1 month ago for free.

Me too - changed an ATM card that was cracked and the teller gave it to me for free. No charge and no fuss.

I replaced my old NTUC cum ATM card to a new ATM card FOC.

In case wrong pin # more than 2 times, let the ATM machine eat your card and call up for a replacement FOC. wink.gif One method to let the machine eat your card is to push it in again immediately after it has ejected.

or leave it there and wait for time out, then it will eat

but not with the money.,. [laugh]