Which bank offer free replacement card

• Search this thread
37 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:17 PM

Dumb
  • Premium member
    Dumb
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

just $5 only

just pay lar... how many times do you change car in your life? how long have you been using your card? wear and tear no warranty mah...

maybe close and create new account on the spot can get free card?

you try and let us know

It's not a matter of $5 only, which posb said is for the cost of replacing the card. If consumers lan lan give in, soon the bank will also charge us the cost of the passbook etc. May be next time entrance fee for stepping into the bank to make enquiry.

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:46 PM

Darrenlee
  • Darrenlee
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My GO card kena makan by machine, i went to make new 1. FOC

I think ur card is the "GO" card right? The "GO" card POSB will charge replacement fee, but the normal ATM is FOC. Cos recently I just replaced my normal ATM card at POSB, no charges. smile.gif

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:56 PM

Octopus
  • Premium member
    Octopus
    6th Gear

I want to close my posb and change bank.

Today my posb atm card became invalid after 3 tries. Bank said the machine will invalid that card after 2 tries and card MUST be replaced as it cannot be used anymore.

Replacement cost $5. So every time you key in the wrong pin # more than 2 x, you need to replace your card and pay $5.

The counter staff added that those who cards are chipped or lost and need to replace will have to pay $5.

I replaced my old NTUC cum ATM card to a new ATM card FOC.

In case wrong pin # more than 2 times, let the ATM machine eat your card and call up for a replacement FOC. One method to let the machine eat your card is to push it in again immediately after it has ejected.

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:54 PM

Wanderer
  • Wanderer
    5th Gear

Dunno leh....... he just told me he got it.....

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:16 AM

Ccjna
  • Ccjna
    5th Gear

UOB, defintely wink.gif

Last Monday, my UOB ATM card was cracked through age & use; happen to have a UOB branch on the next corner, & I went in to check on how to get a replacement card.

Within 5 minutes or less, counter staff takes & cut my old card, & register my new ATM card.

That's real good service thumbsup.gif

Where is that UOB bank at?

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:22 AM

N00b
  • Premium member
    N00b
    5th Gear

since we r at the topic abt bank accts, any idea which bank has an acct like the posb save-as you-earn acct which givs more interest?

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:40 AM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear

Agree, repacing damaged card should not be charged, it is the quality of their card that fail, not us. If we lose the card and ask for replacement fee, then I have nothing to say cos this is our pasar liao. unsure.gif
Life is short, Play hard!!
Practise makes perfect. If nobody is perfect, why practise?

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:02 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious

Today my posb atm card became invalid after 3 tries. Bank said the machine will invalid that card after 2 tries and card MUST be replaced as it cannot be used anymore.

Replacement cost $5. So every time you key in the wrong pin # more than 2 x, you need to replace your card and pay $5.

The counter staff added that those who cards are chipped or lost and need to replace will have to pay $5.

by right, with the wrong pin, your card will be retained..

anyway, for mine, they send me a replacement for free when I said mine seems to have crack..

guess it depends of what sort of customer you are.. btw, mine is a debit card which I uses as ATM card...

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:10 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious

My GO card kena makan by machine, i went to make new 1. FOC

I think ur card is the "GO" card right? The "GO" card POSB will charge replacement fee, but the normal ATM is FOC. Cos recently I just replaced my normal ATM card at POSB, no charges. smile.gif

when they eat up my card, i just do my usual "uh oh" and forget about it

they call me up and ask if I want replacement send to my letterbox or courier back to me. tongue.gif

guess i forget to ask them to compensate me for eating up the car tongue.gif

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:13 PM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    5th Gear

I changed my 10 years old DBS ATM card about 1 month ago for free.

Me too - changed an ATM card that was cracked and the teller gave it to me for free. No charge and no fuss.

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious

I replaced my old NTUC cum ATM card to a new ATM card FOC.

In case wrong pin # more than 2 times, let the ATM machine eat your card and call up for a replacement FOC. One method to let the machine eat your card is to push it in again immediately after it has ejected.

or leave it there and wait for time out, then it will eat

but not with the money.,. laugh.gif

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious

citibank's step up acc..

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

Ccssgm
  • Ccssgm
    NOS-ed

Uob replace my Debit card by courier service thumbsup.gif
做人要讲道德,做事要讲效率。
讲道德是为了对的起自己的良心,讲效率是为了对的起自己的生命。
无论那一方面都充分体现尊重二字。

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:59 AM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious

midnite somemore? sly.gif

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    5th Gear

This acct by OCBC looks not bad.. 1.48% if u save min $800 monthly for 2 yrs..

http://www.ocbc.com....nk_Dep_MSP.shtm

Edited by Tkseah, 18 September 2008 - 11:16 AM.

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

N00b
  • Premium member
    N00b
    5th Gear

wah 800 mthly cannot lah...me small earner onli sweatdrop.gif save 800 can eat grass liao

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:03 PM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    5th Gear

Then $50-$790 monthly for 1.08% lor.. flowerface.gif

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:22 PM

N00b
  • Premium member
    N00b
    5th Gear

ok...will check it out n compare

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Others Top

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users