Adaptor for Lug Nuts (7 sided)

Xiao_qiang

Hey Bro and Sis

I faced a problem with my lug nuts..

It's a 7 sided nuts with I do not have the adaptor for..

Do anyone have any idea where I can get the adaptor for it?

I wll be very greatful as my tires are getting too worn for road use..

The mechanic wants to weld the nuts out so that I can change my tires..

Kindly pm me if you have any idea where to look for the adaptor..

Appreciate...

↡ Advertisement

Mine is a second hand car..

The rims are from the previous owner..

Thanks for your comments but would appreciate something constructive rather than insults...

Thanks.

if you just bought this car and you are another victim of buying old car or new wheels.

always check your tyre tool that can open your wheel nut especially when you buy new set of wheels or change your wheel.otherwise is common that you will face this problem,the dealer or wheel seller will give you answer i do not know la, previou owner never tell me,or tyre shop will tell you i do not know your car tool can not open the nut came with the rim i sold you.

to me this is business ethic or professionalism to advice customer and make sure your own tool can open your nuts otherwise you will only know this problem when you have a FLAT tyre and can you imaging how frustrated you are at the moment

hopefully any brother here check your tool is the 7 sided type otherwise you got to go round and ask the workshop or tyre shop who can help.

otherwise the welding is the last resource.

hope this issue here can remind all of you to check your tyre tool and see how many of you got the similar problem.

Thanks Bro for the constructive advice..

I am still trying to contact the ex owner thru his home phone..

But they hanged up on me when I asked for the ex owner..

Wonder what happened to him that the family don't want to answer my call..

BTW, I also wonder sometimes if some guys in the 1st gear status speaks without thinking just to get more posts like the other guy on the thread...

bro,it would be good if u can post a pic of ur wheel nuts so that we can advise u further. 7 side nuts have many brands,comes to mind are project mu,nismo,etc.

There are always ways to open the 7-sided nuts.

Some tools can open any number of sides, even rounded nuts.

An experienced mechanic should be able to find a way.

The last resort is brute force.

Where u went to try and change your tyres? Cos some shops can open those 7 sided lug nug with or without that adapter.

Are yours those 7 sided with a groove on it? Can post a pict?

Last week, i went to change my brake hoses. I forgot to pass them

That's not difficult to find. I had the same ones.

It comes as a set with the adapter. You probably need to buy the whole set.

Can try tyre shops such as Leong Seng.

Yah Bro

Looks easy but I have been searching the Ubi, AMK and Redhill area for this adaptor.

But to no avail, as the easier to find would be the six threaded pattern or the eight threathed ones.

Mine is a rare seven threaded type, all the tyre shop was asking me where did I managed to find such rare nuts..

It took me 5 seconds on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-7-SPLINE-TUNER-LUG-NUT-NUTS-KEYS-KEY-WHEELS-L-0350_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1

318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem200255416091QQitemZ200255416091://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-7-...emZ200255416091://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-7-...emZ200255416091://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-7-...emZ200255416091

It delivers to the US and Europe and Canada, but you can either go the vpost method or try and convince the guy to mail it to Singapore or you can find other alternatives.

Edited by Thestig

Yes they are from Stamford..

I checked with Stamford and they said rims = Theirs , Lug Nuts = Unknown

They show me the standard lug nuts that they have.

Haiz, I have tried most shops and yet to find a solution.. [:/]

I even called C&C for help to find the ex-owner.

But he changed his hp as well, while his home phone is now cut off..

I think the bro with the e-bay link is the correct type but I dunno how to order from the States.

Sorry but have never purchased anything from e-bay b4..

Maybe I can send to my company HQ in Houston then ask my colleague to send it to me..

bro,these are not the 7side lug nuts,they look like the flower shape type from taiwan. most shops that sell taiwan replica rims use them,so most tyre shops should have it. tink a set of 20lugs wif the adapter is 25bucks. i used them b4 for my old car n bought from pxx xxxg.

↡ Advertisement