Creative School Punishments

Ahtong

My primary school teachers had a lot of creative punishments for students who misbehaved.

1 punishment was progressive standing. If you misbehaved once, you had to stand next to your desk. If you misbehaved again , you stood on the chair. If you misbehaved yet again, you had to stand on the table. Good luck if your seat is right below the fan.

Another punishment for serial misbehavers was banishment to the corridor. As the name implies, you moved your desk and chair to the corridor for the duration of a lesson.

There was a male teacher who would improvise punishments. One time he told me to place my hands together, overlapping the fingers from both hands. I blur blur followed his orders and the next thing I knew, he whacked my fingers with his ruler. [whip]

Did you people also endure such creative punishments while you were schooling? I wonder if any teacher still dares to try such stunts nowadays.

↡ Advertisement

i think these days, teachers no longer have the authority to discipline the kids. If not, over protective parents will also have some creative ways to punish the teachers and the school.

i think at most the misbehave ones will be asked to sit near the blackboard.

i tot the punishment u mentioned were quite normal...more incl standing outside of class, at the rear of the class and the likes...but the worse part was not being outside of the class...its when the principal or the DM walks pass [lipsrsealed]

Talking about old days......

My Chinese teacher once said (punishment for talking when leesson is on): those not interested in his class can stand outside the corridor. So 8 of us went out and after 10 minutes, he took a peek and found we were all not at the corridor but at the canteen instead...... [sly][sly][sly]

the best i've seen (in boleh land of cause..),

sec-3/4 student caught smoking, when discipline teacher found some 10+ balance stickes of ciggies in his school bag, the student have to sit infront of office on a chair, with boths hand at back and ALL ciggies lighted up and stucked in his mouth!!!... yes.. no hands with 10+ ciggies in mouth and have to finish all with teacher watching..... can imagine how he suffered,chokes with those smokes..... [laugh]

that time was sec 1... in a all boys class. My maths teacher claimed that the whole class was too noisy. So he made all of us go down to the parade square and line up in twos facing each other. Then for we had to talk and chat with each other for the rest of the period till it's times up for the next lesson. Also, we had to be loud enough so that he can hear us from the 4th floor.

The funny thing was, suddenly, we just ran out of topics to chat and ended up having to play finger games like sissors paper stone or chee ku pah to make up the noise [laugh]

Edited by Altivo

I still remember this punishment to one of classmates in secondary school.

In the 80's, short socks were the rage for girls. The shorter the better. Best is disappear into the shoes as if no socks are worn. So my school came up with a set of rules to counter this trend. The rule is, socks must at least be 8cm measured from your ankle. Guys had no problems with this, but the girls were upset as this was a nerdy look.

So all the girls in school played cat and mouse with the prefects, who went around carrying a ruler to measures people's sock, haha.

Unfortunately for my classmate, she got caught with her socks being too low. Her punishment was: she had to tie her socks around her neck and go to every classroom in school and parade herself in front of each class for 2 minutes and telling everyone that her socks are too short.

I remember it very clearly as her socks were BLACK and DIRTY, like she haven't washed them for a week or something. I wasn't close enough to smell them, but I'm sure they were pretty smelly too. And she was sobbing away uncontrollably, being humiliated like that. And she couldn't leave the classroom until she had told everyone why she was being punished. As you can imagine, it's pretty hard to talk while you're sobbing.

Although kids that age are usually quite mean, no one even laughed. Everyone just felt sorry for her.

Poor thing.

Ouch. Your story is hardcore.

What do you guys think about old school punishment? Was it character building or emotional trauma?

haha..during my pri sch..punishment is either bend over, use those rattan cane to cane backside..or cane hand..

sec sch..common ones are drop 20 for males..girls generally are well behaved..

moderately serious cases are going detention class after sch..worse case scenario is public caning/police case..

Edited by Shull

come to think of it now..i think sch are sometimes too strict in maintaining discipline for something as mild as 'length of socks'..it's not as if wearing ankle socks will affect the sch in any way like that.. [confused]

coz the very people whom do not know what is appropriate for school uniform will not appreciate what is called office wear.. [:/]

maybe I shd get people to stand outside meeting room [laugh]

My teacher dragged her long fingernails across the blackboard whenever our class was too noisy.

I get shivers down my spine just thinking of the squeal.