Hong Kong: HK holiday - Where to go?

Creative_tec

my gf is going to treat me to hongkong for holiday next week. just wanna find out other than the early morning ice tea with dim sum and the late night clubbing at lan kuai fang, what else is fun there? worth seeing?

↡ Advertisement

1st time? or many many time laio.. end up dunno where to go?

if first time, visit www.discoverhongkong.com to plan ur trip

if almost ao jiao.. need to explore true HK? PM

Lamma Island traditional life some is bs one. I went there 3 years ago and the small restaurants there sell you overpriced seafood. Plus there are many ang moh living there, as can be seen on the ferry and also on the island. The ang moh there are the hippy, slacker type. There is even a street soccer court, that night got a group of ang moh and or lang playing. Think maybe they are expats who live there but work in Central.

Go during winter lah, very nice, cold but not dry cos surrounded by sea, a lot of moisture. Sit outdoors and eat hot seafood... shiok!

how long are you there?

if nothing to do in HK, there's always Macau next door!

otherwise the sights are pretty unspectacular - there's the mountain with the buddha on top; disneyland, oceanpark, the peak, tai-o's soya bean is good.

Search the forum.

Quite a few threads on it.

Or are you boasting that your g/f is giving you a holiday? [lipsrsealed][laugh]

not boasting lah, just feel quite happy abt it [:)]

i search mycarforum.. only got 1 thread [shakehead]

1st time? or many many time laio.. end up dunno where to go?

if first time, visit www.discoverhongkong.com to plan ur trip

if almost ao jiao.. need to explore true HK? PM

this is my first time.. next time when i lao jiao, then i PM you [;)]

Go :

"Lam A" Island - a island still in a traditional way of life ( e.g. village, seafood, etc. ). Home of Chow Yun Fatt.

not a fan of him but will visit there...

always hear this name in those hongkong drama

Lamma Island traditional life some is bs one. I went there 3 years ago and the small restaurants there sell you overpriced seafood. Plus there are many ang moh living there, as can be seen on the ferry and also on the island. The ang moh there are the hippy, slacker type. There is even a street soccer court, that night got a group of ang moh and or lang playing. Think maybe they are expats who live there but work in Central.

Go during winter lah, very nice, cold but not dry cos surrounded by sea, a lot of moisture. Sit outdoors and eat hot seafood... shiok!

i going next thurs leh...

any recommendation for seafood in Lamma island?

how long are you there?

if nothing to do in HK, there's always Macau next door!

otherwise the sights are pretty unspectacular - there's the mountain with the buddha on top; disneyland, oceanpark, the peak, tai-o's soya bean is good.

4 days 3 night there..

will be going to macau also for a day trip..

Tai O is indeed a fishing village on the same island if you are going to the Big Buddha and HKG Disneyland. If this is your first trip to HKG and also your gf, then probably your gf might prefer shopping. But I may just be wrong about your gf, only you knows better.

Strolling in Tai O is romantic albeit the salted dried fish layout, there are many chances for you to take advantage with your gf - holding her hand and pulling her by the waist to avoid the hole and probably too...............pushing her up the village steep steps here and there by the buttlaugh.gif.

Then you may also catch a very young boy bathing and playing out in the open in his plastic bath tub.

i going next thurs leh...

any recommendation for seafood in Lamma island?

Ate at lamma island seafood just before setting off to mainland HK. i think was given a free ride back, that's why we ate there. Still prefer singapore seafood, which is rich is taste. HK one qute bland, maybe suitable for those who appreciate the real taste of seafood.

first time, 4D3N, forget abt macau, u dun even have enuff time to explore KLoon and HK island.

day 1, reached there almost 12pm (assume u fly CX/SQ morning fl, or UA ) evening and night..where to go? explore TST is enuff for u

day 2, assume ur g/f want to go Disneyland...but really nothing lor.. stay up to 9pm for fire work..

day 3, have ur tim sum at jordan area..then take "famous" star ferry to HK island lor.. explore SOHO,摆花街,look for 丝袜奶茶lor..if u lucky, can spot a star..5pm, go the PEAK..settle ur romance dinner there also..then head down to LKF lor..drink and bio char boh....

i went there for 1 week in july...

day 1: arrv 730pm..eat dinner at central

day 2: buy PC for my aunt(who we are staying with) at Mongkok

day 3: Disneyland

day 4: Shopping

day 5: Oceanpark, Stanley bay and the Symphony of Lights at TST

day 6: Shopping, evening went up The Peak

day 7: Shopping, mid-level escalator

day 8: Shopping, flight to SG at 9pm..almost missed the flight..me and my gf the very very last one to board..whole plane waiting for us.. [laugh][laugh] we took SQ btw..

8 days..don't even have time to go macau, zhu hai and shenzhen...

Edited by Shull
↡ Advertisement