Electricity tariff hikes trend

Help1

The power sucking appliances are actually shower water heater, electric iron, electric kettle and microwave oven. If you notice, all these appliances have heating components or elements inside.

Fridge and aircon are still not the ones that consume the most power but they cost us more because we switch them for prolong hours, especially fridge which run 24x7.

Shower water heater ~ 2kwh

microwave oven ~ 1.3kwh

electric iron, electric kettle & electric toaster ~ 1kwh

1x aircon unit ~ 0.75kwh

aircon unit (system 3) ~ 2.2kwh

Fridge ~ 0.2kwh

↡ Advertisement

Less than $60 spend whole night there? Not worth it la even if the F&B is free flow... I sleep at home is FOC....

Who knows you may spend more than $60 because some spa got some knd of 'temptation'... laugh.gif

"temptation" is the main objective,

"Free accomodation" is the freebie.laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

(edited)

drop...u sure..u think SP power will rebate us if the oil price drops...tan kuku....

time to invest on solar power liao...those units who has sufficient sunlight to shin upon, can consider long term investment, install solar panels and store energy for daily use.

Edited by Help1

yesterday ST newspaper, lots of ppl wrote in to complain on the increase and asking for the justification, we shall see whats the response from SP

they will just give some crap ans or beat around the bush w/o ans the qns. Standard template as "jin hoo". Then case close. what can we do? Suck thumb lor. else what? organise a demonstration at speaker corner lor

For previous month, my bill was less than $20, for the latest month it was close to $100!!!! And we are talking about a VACANT flat.

Hmmm? Jump so much? Better check if someone is tapping your power... or that you have some appliance running or on standby.

its actually possible if he is refering to utility bill... my EM cost me more than $30 before i shifted in, empty house with only only have a fridge turned on... not to forget, the toilet, the disposal fees is chargeble as well to the SP bill as well, so even electric or waste consumption is 0, i still have to pay more than $20 after GST.

Bro,

How about the TV channel settings etc?

TV should have a small non-volatile memory to store all the user-controlable settings (channels, picture, sound or others), switching-off should not alter these and TV should return to these settings upon switching-on.

if you find yours settings got changed after switch-off then on, that TV got problem.

So if the projected fuel price doesn't happen how? Will they refund us the difference?

Wonder why don't they "project" the fuel price to be at USD$300? hur.gif

Wonder how they come up with these figures?

time to invest on solar power liao...those units who has sufficient sunlight to shin upon, can consider long term investment, install solar panels and store energy for daily use.

But solar stuff are expensive, panels plus the batteries in which power is stored. Maintenence and replacement for the batteries/panels would cost a bomb [smallcry] Additionally if you have a power switching module hooked up to your mains, that would also be a one-time cost. [:(] Better to just pull wire from corridor light or street lamp [sly][:p]

Ordered a can of green tea during lunch today and drink stall demanded an additional 20 cents due to increase in electrical tariffs. [:|][:|]