Electricity tariff hikes trend

Help1

if i m not wrong, the ng price used to make electricity is formula based on crude and not spot lng prices which you have shown

you may want to take a look at crude prices first...then see got grounds to complain bo?

ð¬

After the budget in Feb there was an increase of 0.1cent/ltr in diesel. Petroleum companies term it as duty. I see the price list daily.
↡ Advertisement

if i m not wrong, the ng price used to make electricity is formula based on crude and not spot lng prices which you have shown

you may want to take a look at crude prices first...then see got grounds to complain bo?

Hypersonic
(edited)

always wonder why our electricity price is pegged to crude oil price even though most of our power stations uses LNG. Not sure whether they use diesel as a back-up fuel or not.

if i not wrong the ng we use for power stations is piped from neighbouring countries and from conventional oil and gas fields , that's why pegged to oil

before shale gas revolution, ng and oil price had always been correlated. unless us start exporting their ng, asia ng importers will always have ng pegged to oil

Edited by Enye

Supersonic
(edited)

if i not wrong the ng we use for power stations is piped from neighbouring countries and from conventional oil and gas fields , that's why pegged to oil

before shale gas revolution, ng and oil price had always been correlated. unless us start exporting their ng, asia ng importers will always have ng pegged to oil

Edited by Kusje

Hypersonic

Wah. Sounds like you know a lot about this. MCF really got a lot of sifu we can learn from.

Then what is the use of a separate lng spot benchmark? And will this change if Singapore manages the goal of becoming an lng trading hub?

you call a store man armed with google sifu?

Hypersonic
(edited)

I don't even know how to google therefore you can be my sifu.

Sifu, what does google say about how the article below will affect the pricing strategies of LNG?

can teach me how to input this wall of text into google search bar?!

you working for lng trader ... should know more leh

i store man nia... my boss told me kopi inventory is top priority

Edited by Enye

Supersonic
(edited)

can teach me how to input this wall of text into google search bar?!

you working for lng trader ... should know more leh

i store man nia... my boss told me kopi inventory is top priority

Edited by Kusje

Hypersonic

Since when?!

AFAIK, got nothing much to do with lng leh.

Btw, you working for commodity (coffee) trader?

then why you so interested in oil and gas... esp ng?

here so many hidden dragons and crouching tigers later they laugh at my googled knowledge

Supersonic

then why you so interested in oil and gas... esp ng?

here so many hidden dragons and crouching tigers later they laugh at my googled knowledge

Turbocharged

Hypersonic
(edited)

the gas we buy from neighbours is pegged to high-sulfur fuel oil price. Not crude oil, but processed oil.

don't ask me why. The people who make this formula supposed to be very clever one. :blink:

that's why our electricity follow oil price even though has no impact on the gas production.

boss... ng and fuel oil are being used for the same purpose in this case

Edited by Enye

Electricity tariffs for next quarter hit highest levels in more than 2 years

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/electricity-tariffs-next-quarter-hit-highest-levels-more-2-years

SINGAPORE — The average four-room Housing and Development Board household will pay nearly S$5 more each month for electricity from January to March, as tariffs hit their highest in more than two years.

Announcing the increase for the next quarter on Friday (Dec 29), utility provider SP Group said it was due to higher cost of natural gas for electricity generation, which increased by 14 per cent from the previous quarter.

• Praise 1