Malaysia: Hotel Equatorial Malacca

Chengtl

my suggestion is park ur vehicle at the valet lots...pay the bellboy some money to tk care of ur car...tats what my frd did when we rest overnight in Hotel Equatorial KL.

Hi,

I'll be driving up to Malacca in mid Oct and will be staying at Hotel Equatorial. Any bros here ever parked in the hotel before? Reason I'm asking is that I'm most concerned about the car park security and need to be assured that my car will not be missing when I wake up every morning. So was hoping to hear some feedbacks from u guys here in case some of u have parked there before.

Thanx.

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

I'll be driving up to Malacca in mid Oct and will be staying at Hotel Equatorial. Any bros here ever parked in the hotel before? Reason I'm asking is that I'm most concerned about the car park security and need to be assured that my car will not be missing when I wake up every morning. So was hoping to hear some feedbacks from u guys here in case some of u have parked there before.

Thanx.

Generally, Malaysia is quite safe, it is only mostly in JB where cars go missing. But if you really kiasi, better dun drive in, later cannot sleep nice cannot enjoy holiday

Where's the jetty??

Been to Malacca quite a few times but never found the jetty.

The jetty is next Holiday Inn. Just next to the car park. If u stay H.I, facing the sea, u k sea it downstairs.

THis is where u find the satay chelup. The stall owner told me jetty was opened last Dec 08.

Though Holiday Inn is newer with better room, the breakfast is so so as compared to hotel Equa which has the best nasi lemak for hotel std.

Parking is generally quite safe for both hotels. [flowerface]

After I have been there for so many time now I find there is nothing much to do beside eating at nearby and shopping at Makota parade. [gossip]

Melaka is quite of a small town city as compared to other MY cities. [grouphug]

Any bro have more lobang for makan & shopping??? [confused]

Turbocharged

Though Holiday Inn is newer with better room, the breakfast is so so as compared to hotel Equa which has the best nasi lemak for hotel std.

After I have been there for so many time now I find there is nothing much to do beside eating at nearby and shopping at Makota parade. [gossip]

equatorial is open space parking? going on a trip in few months time, any valet parking and the charges

equatorial is open space parking? going on a trip in few months time, any valet parking and the charges

got underground parking with barrier.. quite safe i guess.. tink malacca is a safe place..

KL is seriously more interesting that Malacca. Its like northbridge road, but ten times bigger

Clutched

KL is seriously more interesting that Malacca. Its like northbridge road, but ten times bigger

Er.. meaning Melaka is just like north bridge rd x 10 ah... going up this weekend, staying at Holiday Inn. Safe parking over at H. I.? I just brought steering wheel lock only.

Er.. meaning Melaka is just like north bridge rd x 10 ah... going up this weekend, staying at Holiday Inn. Safe parking over at H. I.? I just brought steering wheel lock only.

Holiday Inn has just been opened 2 years ago. I loved the room there and just came back from there 2 days back. Had a room with straits view, but seriously nothing to see [:p]

From my room, can see the swimming pool, The Jetty, satay celup and of cos the ktv as well. Only bad thing is that despite on high floors, I can still hear the loud music from the ktv faintly. Other then that, no other bad things abt this hotel. Staff very frenly and polite. BF quite a nice spread.

Can see the carpark at the hotel lobby from my room. They also have another carpark at the basement and both areas are patrolled by their security guards. Can see a number of SG plate cars there too.

There's nothing much to shop in Melaka, so I just went around looking for nice makan with my fren. For shopping centres, I prefer Pahlawan over Mahkota Parade.

Holiday Inn has just been opened 2 years ago. I loved the room there and just came back from there 2 days back. Had a room with straits view, but seriously nothing to see [:p]

From my room, can see the swimming pool, The Jetty, satay celup and of cos the ktv as well. Only bad thing is that despite on high floors, I can still hear the loud music from the ktv faintly. Other then that, no other bad things abt this hotel. Staff very frenly and polite. BF quite a nice spread.

Can see the carpark at the hotel lobby from my room. They also have another carpark at the basement and both areas are patrolled by their security guards. Can see a number of SG plate cars there too.

There's nothing much to shop in Melaka, so I just went around looking for nice makan with my fren. For shopping centres, I prefer Pahlawan over Mahkota Parade.

[cool] Just came back last sunday from melaka (stay at holiday inn hotel, also straits view). Everything is good like room, breakfast, service, etc. Cars are well taken care of by the security guards. Lots of singapore cars went there last weekend. [thumbsup]

Hi what's the room rates like?

After exchange rate should be around S$140 ba... (i booked late, 1 week be4) breakfast plus king size bed.

Neutral Newbie

I'm the one who started this thread and since then, I've been to Malacca 3 times! The most recent one was 2 weeks ago. Stayed in both Equatorial and Holiday Inn, both are quite good but the rooms at Holiday Inn are slightly better cos the hotel is newer I guess?

Carpark - The basement carpark at Equatorial looks older but is still safe - saw many SG cars there. There are 2 carparks in Holiday Inn, 1 open space and 1 basement. Somehow, Holiday Inn's carpark made me feel safer cos there were security guards patrolling.

Location - Holiday Inn is next to the Jetty. For shopping, gotto cross 2 roads to the nearest mahkota parade. Not sure if mahkota parade is still operating or not cos it looks empty and deserted from my hotel room and I din go there the last time round. There's a disco at the Jetty known as Arena, with live band playing mostly english and mandarin hits - not bad but the chicks not that great. Ha! Equatorial is just next to the Pahlawan shopping centre.

Hotel Facilities - As mentioned, both are quite good but Holiday Inn just edges it cos it's newer. I like the live band at Equatorial lobby night lounge - the filipino band can even sing mandarin songs. There's 1 super cute waitress at Holiday Inn serving breakfast - too bad too shy to catch her name.

Shopping - I can think of Mahkota and Pahlawan on top of my mind, to me both are ok but for the details i need to check with my female companions. Ha!

Makan - There's one dessert shop along Jonker street that serves great chendol with very fine ice and generous servings of gula melaka. They also serves malaysian curry mee and assam laksa but both are so-so. There are 2 chicken rice stalls along jonker too. The one that looks very grand - Gu Cheng Ji Fan is actually so-so niah. Even our hawker fare tastes much better! The other one - can't rem the name, is much better.

There's also a nyonya restaurant Makko which serves great nyonya dishes. Try the prawns with stinky beans, assam fish etc....the chendol here also very nice.

Jetty - This was a lively place when I was there end of last year but when I was there 2 weeks ago, it was like a dead building. You can try the massage there - got loads of PRC chicks but I think the standard drop liao. Erm....this is not a sleazy joint so dun get the wrong idea... :p Used to have a karaoke there too, very happening but not too sure still there or not.

Although, there's nothing much to do in Malacca as compared to KL, I still love the town cos it's a good place to relax, eat, enjoy a good massage and of cos shop. Generally, much much safer than JB or KL and is also easier to navigate, at least for me. Will go again in a few months time.... :D

PS: There's also a new shopping centre AEON in JB. Not bad too.....and quite safe.....

↡ Advertisement