MY Exchange Rate

Mercuri

Starting this thread to see if it will be useful for all forummers who venture north frequently for business, leisure or solely for cheap fuel or ciggies. [laugh]

Anyway, I have searched the forum for one dedicated for this but found none that provide "real time" prices. So this thread could let people know which money changer has the best rates in Singapore? i will start the ball rolling... contributors most welcomed!

Please let us know the name and address of the money changer in the following format.

Name/Address/Date/Rates(please do not quote rates if you are changing [wave]

↡ Advertisement

The best exchange rate that you can get is at Woodland Centre. The place is before entering into first link. It is better than in JB. Can find lots of Malaysian Workers change there.

Thanks for your input, Tonyg.

I know the rates are better there and i have been patronising the $ changer at woodlands centre for many years now till i found better rates at Lot1.

The purpose for this thread serves as an information exchange for all who wants to know what is the rates being offered at various money changer. It will be more meaningful for those who just changed to contribute so that it give us an overview of who offers more competitive rates. Those who are thinking of changing can then review if he/she wants to travel all the way to the said money changer. [:)]

Edited by Mercuri

i know the rates was 240 sometime back... i happened to drop by lot 1 and found the rate at 239. so trying to see if elsewhere having same rates or higher?

I've been changing at mustafa for years....then I realised that somewhere near my office is super good rates. And I've been taking time off to travel to mustafa alamak.

Try The Arcade 2nd floor. Few days ago my bro changed 241. When I went monday, only have 240.1. I have used the online mustafa rates to compare a few times and confirm arcade is really good.

Somemore you need to queue up to change money over at the arcade.

yap...the rate is better then in JB...

sometime nia..seng shion rate is better then those ...if changing big qty...can check out..if not..don brother..

The best exchange rate that you can get is at Woodland Centre. The place is before entering into first link. It is better than in JB. Can find lots of Malaysian Workers change there.

boonlay tends to give much better rates than the one u suggested.

generally in SG, the further from the causeway, the better the rate. if u have special rate at boon lay, dun say la

apparently at marina square (which is pretty much as far from woodlands as one can get), the rate is very good also [laugh]. J8 also not bad

i know the rates was 240 sometime back... i happened to drop by lot 1 and found the rate at 239. so trying to see if elsewhere having same rates or higher?

mustafa also 239 last week, how much u intend to change

Boon Lay Place. There are quite a few money changers. Best among them is S$100 = RM 240 on 30/09/2008.

Boon Lay place have to be careful.... they display the rate outside big big then when you go change, the rate is different, when you ask them how come different? they will tell you either you got to change dunno how much more to have that rate or the rate is for remittance onlythumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

Best is still old woodlands centre.

↡ Advertisement