Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
335 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:06 PM

Rainbow
  • Rainbow
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Let's continue our discussion here.

Edited by HyperTonic, 12 February 2015 - 02:28 PM.

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:11 PM

Wongks
  • Wongks
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

yea.. u started the new thread with some pic.. good good..
so u went to test to see if there is any dimming effect of the headlights when u use the power window?
u change your batt or still on stock batt?
mind i ask if yours is 1.3A too?
i m really very tempted to install the grounding n the volt stab.. haha.. xin itchy itchy.. haha..

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:12 PM

Wongks
  • Wongks
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

yea.. u started the new thread with some pic.. good good..
so u went to test to see if there is any dimming effect of the headlights when u use the power window?
u change your batt or still on stock batt?
mind i ask if yours is 1.3A too?
i m really very tempted to install the grounding n the volt stab.. haha.. xin itchy itchy.. haha..

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:43 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Its one of my shortlisted cars. Does anyone know if theres a center armrest available for the sirion?

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:52 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Available from STS as accessories when u purchase your car $300 (textile), $340 (PVC).

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:35 PM

Rainbow
  • Rainbow
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

no dimming effect at all. can't tell any diff when using power window.

yes, i am driving a one-month old 1.3a, still on stock batt. if you are undecided on the grounding, can go down during other people's installation to observe. go kaypo kaypo loh..

btw, i went to spdworks to get the k&N. unfortunately it doesn't fit. the boss told me it is for myvi, and many have bought for their sirion, shouldn't have problem. but he tried and tried, and finally concluded it doesn't fit. so i got a refund. sianz.

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:40 PM

Rainbow
  • Rainbow
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

they say it is from germany, but it's still very expensive. anyone know shops selling genuine daihatsu parts? might be able to get cheaper from these shops. i know alot of people get their toyota parts (like arm rest) from a shop near little india... any similar lobang for daihatsu?

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:51 PM

Wongks
  • Wongks
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

me looking for such lobang too. heard that the parts from STS is quite exp leh.. jia lak.. me going for my 30k servicing soon.. hopefully some bro/sis out there got lobang for daihatsu spares parts like oil filter and air filter.

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:00 PM

Tedyruby
  • Tedyruby
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

http://www.xxxxxxx.c...php?userid=6466

Read all the previous post there & you'll get all the answers to your questions.

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

Tedyruby
  • Tedyruby
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Its one of my shortlisted cars. Does anyone know if theres a center armrest available for the sirion?

Compatible to Sirion. I'm currently using the 2nd one.

http://www.lelong.co...Price_Rm128.htm

http://www.lelong.co...ble_Armrest.htm

Edited by Tedyruby, 06 October 2008 - 08:19 PM.

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

Rainbow
  • Rainbow
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

wa... lobang ah... thanks

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:20 AM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

thanks guys! another plus point for the sirion!

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:53 AM

Rainbow
  • Rainbow
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

just to share the other mod which i explored, but didn't work out. the velocity tuner. http://www.velocitytuner.com/

there are people installing this for abt $50, and the feedback from some owners are very positive. some forumers from foreign sites concluded that this is snakeoil.

anyway, decided to give it a try since it is not expensive. unfortunately, there is no suitable size for the sirion. the best size the installer has, ended up "suffocating" my poor sirion. so i saved $50 loh. crazy.gif

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:32 PM

Wongks
  • Wongks
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

oic.. my fren driving jazz have installed it n working good for him.. too bad, our sirion canot fit. haizz..

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:04 PM

Rainbow
  • Rainbow
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

most cars have a hose running from the air box to the engine, and they fit the velocity tuner in this hose. for sirion, the only place to fit the VT is the hole in the airbox, just before a "gate" controlling the air into the engine. the space is too tight, so the VT will protrude out into the airbox, pressing against the air filter.

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:35 PM

Wongks
  • Wongks
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

the only mod that i did to my sirion is to change my stock horn to a Hella horn. (if u consider that a mod). rolleyes.gif

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:24 AM

Rainbow
  • Rainbow
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

so your horn sounds like BMW loh.. hee. i upgraded to the denso horn by sts for $40. Loud enough but i think the tone of hella and stebel is still sweeter. maybe it is just psychological. ha ha.

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:21 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

count yourself lucky. its snake oil.

that ricky fellow still selling har?
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:43 PM

Wongks
  • Wongks
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

you know where i can get the wing spoiler for sirion? i was thinking of installing one but dun know where to get it.. heard STS selling quite X. any replica?

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:54 PM

Rainbow
  • Rainbow
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i'm not sure. i think can get those bodykit shop to customise, or simply to bring in myvi's spoiler. i posted in the forum to ask about the sirion bodykit, but nobody replied.

full kit from sts is $2.5k. i asked one shop about importing genuine trd m bodykit, about $3-4k.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users