Daihatsu Sirion / Toyota Passo (Part 2)

Rainbow

those 2nd hand Sirions are selling like hot cakes in the carmart recently. Now left 2 units only.

Getting popular. I guess its the price. I have been seeing more on the road, it wasn't so in the past

↡ Advertisement

The 2nd hand dealers have been upping the asking price. That's my observation and after upping the prices, the cars get sold off. Before that (when it's 2-3K lesser), took so long to sell. Funny Sillypoooreans!!! [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

The 2nd hand dealers have been upping the asking price. That's my observation and after upping the prices, the cars get sold off. Before that (when it's 2-3K lesser), took so long to sell. Funny Sillypoooreans!!! [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I also noticed that. Usually it takes quite a while to sell. But the price is still cheaper compare to other makes in the same class

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Bros, any shops to recommend to get the brake pads and timing belt for Diahatsu Sirion 2007 make. My is old model with the cute tacho.

Edited by Joshuachong

Neutral Newbie

The agent service centre reply that the 1.3 engine does not use timing belt, when i enquire about the timing belt change interval! Is this true? Sirion uses timing chain?

Neutral Newbie

Now even worst. Price up so much. They thought their car selling at current COE. Haiz

Neutral Newbie

Hi to all Sirion owners,

I just bought a OPC 1.5A Sirion. Hope to learn more stuffs from the seniors here.

Neutral Newbie

Hi there,

I need fog lights and fog light surrounds for Sirion front bumper like this one http://cochesfuturistas.com/wp-content/upl...on-foto598p.jpg

I have already tried to look for it on ebay but I didn't find anything.

Please help me! Could anybody suggest me where I can buy it for reasonable price? It is very difficult to find spare parts for Daihatsu in my country.

Hi there,

I need fog lights and fog light surrounds for Sirion front bumper like this one http://cochesfuturistas.com/wp-content/upl...on-foto598p.jpg

I have already tried to look for it on ebay but I didn't find anything.

Please help me! Could anybody suggest me where I can buy it for reasonable price? It is very difficult to find spare parts for Daihatsu in my country.

Have u tried Sin Tien Seng? Think they have.

My nephew is planning to buy a 2nd hand Sirion 1.3 soon.

I am just wondering if every part of Sirion (e.g. brake pads/shoes, engine internal, suspension, etc) is identical with Perodua Myvi?

If same, then can ask him go service his ride in JB to cut maintenance cost. [:p]

I am just wondering if every part of Sirion (e.g. brake pads/shoes, engine internal, suspension, etc) is identical with Perodua Myvi?

If same, then can ask him go service his ride in JB to cut maintenance cost. [:p]

Yes it is. But Daihatsu parts are better quality. Suspension can get aftermarket brands like KYB and etc. I'm driving a Myvi myself.

Not every parts the same.

Oil filter and air filter r different. However, brake pad etc should be the same. Suspension can fit after market and made in malaysia parts

Hi guys i am new here, just got my first 2nd hand 05" Daihatsu Sirion 1.3A 1 month ago.

Went through hell for past 3 weeks due to Air-Con,Steering, Suspension etc. Almost all got problem, top up 2k sgd to dealer yet job not done (Long story......)

No choice i went go Malaysia with friend to clear some of the issues, left over problems the car dealer promise to settle for me again (after failing twice).

Just to warn you guys not to go to workshop at Defu Lane 6 "Everdawn", really horrible service and attitude. Car dealer apologised and know that the workshop is not being honest, they are looking into the matter.

I have no confidence in the workshop anymore, and would like to change spark plug and engine oil myself. Any recommended brand model? Thank you.

Feel free to contact me if you guys would like to know more details about how the workshop dismantle my car parts, lie to dealer and me about new air-con compressor, etc.

Edited by Wiszom1987

Hi guys i am new here, just got my first 2nd hand 05" Daihatsu Sirion 1.3A 1 month ago.

Went through hell for past 3 weeks due to Air-Con,Steering, Suspension etc. Almost all got problem, top up 2k sgd to dealer yet job not done (Long story......)

No choice i went go Malaysia with friend to clear some of the issues, left over problems the car dealer promise to settle for me again (after failing twice).

Just to warn you guys not to go to workshop at Defu Lane 6 "Everdawn", really horrible service and attitude. Car dealer apologised and know that the workshop is not being honest, they are looking into the matter.

I have no confidence in the workshop anymore, and would like to change spark plug and engine oil myself. Any recommended brand model? Thank you.

Feel free to contact me if you guys would like to know more details about how the workshop dismantle my car parts, lie to dealer and me about new air-con compressor, etc.

What are the problems you facing? Can provide more details on your issues?

The workshop cut off my heater without my consent, replace a reconditioned air-con and state it's new, suspension spoiled and did not replace, car vibrates vigorously when reach 100+ KM/H, the gear fluid rust already, car stalls at traffic light (i am AUTO gear).

The technician initially said car no problem at all, gave attitude by hitting my dashboard with brute force and refuse to do any servicing. It was only when the dealer test out my car and admit problem exist then the technician no choice but to do a "REPAIR". But problems were not solved, he only do a balancing, cut off my heater. And thats all. All my 2000SGD is for that 2 stuffs he do for me. I wasted numerous trips down to UBI from my house (Jurong).

I'm a new driver but doesn't mean he can makan me.

Edited by Wiszom1987

Bro, like you i got my second hand Sirion'09, also suffered from suspension and steering rack issue. Only thing is that the car is still under warranty, can replaced FOC. But did not expect this kinda quality issues with a Jap car. The steering and suspension is a known problem for Sirion already.

Bro, like you i got my second hand Sirion'09, also suffered from suspension and steering rack issue. Only thing is that the car is still under warranty, can replaced FOC. But did not expect this kinda quality issues with a Jap car. The steering and suspension is a known problem for Sirion already.

Correct, but i paid the money yet the technician did not replace the mentioned stuffs and also dealer promised to replace those for me previously =.=, said will do "nice nice sui sui" for me. Now my steering rack is still having issue and i was told to just ignore it, no choice cause its very costly for me to do it myself, i changed the suspension in Malaysia too. The Everdawn is really one of a kind.

↡ Advertisement