Windscreen Repair Results

Lancer79

Neutral Newbie

Can I check has anyone tried those windscreen repair for chips and cracks?

How is the end results?

↡ Advertisement

how big is ur chip. must u repair it?

i tried to find such repair but gave up. my concern is that the crack would spread. but it didn't [:)]

Your insurance should cover. Either free or $100. It will not affect your NCD.

Your only worry is if your windscreen is tinted then you have to re-tint your front windscreen and it will cost more than the windscreen itself

My previous car had a 10cts size crack after hit my a flying stone. After repair, you will not see it at all if you are not aware. Pay $60 for that. Although insurance cover the windscreen, but it did not cover window tinting.

dun think there is repair available............ because the cost of replacing is cheap...... and i believe even have repair, they also have to remove your tinting...

it can be repaired. i heard of such thing since long ago. i believe autobacs has a windscreen on display.. before n after repair. not sure whether they still have it though, or what the charges are.

they will inject some resin into the crack and the finished product is practically invisible.

Neutral Newbie

because insurance doesn't cover solar film, i would try to repair instead.

it won't be perfect, but the end result is that the crack won't get bigger, and it would be much less obvious than initially.

the replacement resin won't be as "clear" as glass, and sometimes dirt stuck in the crack maybe difficult to remove.

also, sometimes after replacing the windscreen, if the w/s didn't do a proper job, it may leak after a few yrs.

but to insert the resin... also need to remove the tint right? I assume it will be inserted from the inside so that it will not be affected by the weather, etc... then is LPPL [laugh]

well, most chips should come from external forces right? so the "opening" should be on the outside.

but if crack caused by passenger whacking the windscreen from inside, then i guess really LPPL like u said [laugh][sweatdrop]

hmm... you have a point... but i still think changing windscreen is better option.... if while driving, the windscreen shatter... most probably gonna be life threatening......

seriously.. i would change the whole thing every year if i can..

it's not ex man..

paying let say $100 + $7 gst..

tinting it could cost the most another $200..

but it's a good price to pay if u ask me...

safety comes first..

dun think there is repair available............ because the cost of replacing is cheap...... and i believe even have repair, they also have to remove your tinting...

The repair take only about 20mins. Does not require to remove the window film. I did it on my car before.

Just saw a warranty card for the windown repair in my office drawer.

It come with a life time guarantee agaist spreading of the damaged area, shrinkage and decoloring (yellowing) of the breakage repaired on the windowscreen from the date of repair.

My car windscreen was reapir more than 2yrs ago and I don't see any problem till I trade in away the car 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Tohto

My car windscreen was repair more 2 yrs ago at around $60. You will not notice the repair crack mark if you are not aware of it. I will said worth the money spend.

↡ Advertisement