To Malacca..

Robo

You are lucky man, my stay(1mth ago) at Mahkota was unpleasant one.

Booked the package thru WTS to stay one night at Malacca.

Decided on Mahkota as the WTS staff mentioned every hotel is the same, very near to each other.

Upon reach Mahkota(1330), the hotel staff told us we only reserved 1 Single room.(we booked two twice sharing room for 4pax), the staff "kind" enough to "upgrade" our single room to apartment @ blk5.

She told us the room is not ready yet, but will get the room service to make up the room asap. We then check in to put our bags. Found room was abit dirty, Pu**c hair at the bed!! Tap water running yellow water for next 5mins. We then proceed to have our lunch at Ho kin chicken rice @ Jodan St since the room is not ready. Then walk back to hotel, reach hotel at 1630hrs.

To our horror, the room still remind the same, pu**c hair still laying there.

We then run e water tab, for next good 15mins, the water is yellow thru out.

As the weather was super warm, my wife and my gf wanted to bath to cool down, e yellow water turn us off. no time wasted, we proceed to front desk, asking to have the room change.

The front desk mgr was not helpful enough, he even blamed us that we initial the room exchange when check in. After we show him the invoice, he then put the blamed to unexpected full hse, All rooms are fully booked, e "over whelming" guest used up the water tank, caused the water to be yellow.

We demanded a change of room, telling e front desk mgr that this is not the reason that the room is not ready after 3hrs. And water is running yellow for 15mins.

After we show black and very unhappy face, he gave in, by giving us another room @ blk8.(VERY FAR!!)

This round, we question him abt both rooms is clean and neat.

He promised us that both rooms is clean and ready to stay.

But to our disappointment, one of the room is not clean.

We saw towel and hair with rubber band on the dressing table.

The bed look like some1 slept before.

Luckily the water turn normal after 1min of running for both rooms.

And the bloody hse keeper took 40mins to reach our room(after we made two phone calls) to tidy up the room.

Given a chance, i will NVR GO back to Makhota again.

Holiday inn look so good during our stay. it's totally two different world i would said.

Edited by Slowwalker

Mahkota is seriously in need for a makeover. It was ok over 15yrs ago. But it looks the same today....so I guess it looks very battled now. I wonder what will happen to it in the next few year, with falling occupancy rate. I bet even some of their share holders will not even stay there.

Edited by Silver_blade

Yes, Mahkota indeed need a major makeover, and change of management [laugh]

I dun mind the run down, to me, just like our downtown east 5yrs back before reno.

They should improve on their services.

I've been to many hotel(different counties), Mahkota is the worst i ever encounter.

Difficult to improve very much...cos it was sold as a time-share kind of scheme. People buy the property and lease it back to the management, some just pump in some money and get dividend, etc...

Unless all the shareholders are willing to pump in more money to improve or sell the whole thing to someone...I don't see how it can get anything major done.

As time goes by, ppl will realized that Mahkota cannot stay anymore.

Be it their service sucks or room rotten into pcs, ppl will not stay there anymore as long as they encountered once.

Our coach bus packed with 42 ppl, only us(4) + 1 family(6) went to Mahkota.

The rest wen to diff hotel. Look like the rest have learn the lesson except us(10) [laugh]

Edited by Slowwalker

Ya, agree, just compare the numbers of room light up(thru windows) at night with Holiday inn. U will know how "pack & busy" they are....

Edited by Slowwalker

i paid toll via cash.

after tuas i top full tank at geylang patah, den straight all the way to the shalala coffee that stop for kop den straight after to melaka. toll is from the place u take a ticket to melaka is RM24.30.

after check pt got 1 is RM10.80 and RM3.80 if i didnt remember wrongly.

also remember to bring some loose cash for coffee money..

i kenna at the hot spot after yong peng before muar.